If for some stupid reason the ACC plays football this fall | Syracusefan.com

If for some stupid reason the ACC plays football this fall

Alsacs

Living Legend
Then after the season the conference needs to go to the SEC and say you stopped our 3-5-5 division less plan years ago.

You didn’t like it and with the Big Ten voted it down.
You owe us the support of this measure since we stuck by you and played football in a pandemic.

If the ACC isn’t trying to leverage changes they want now they won’t get them.
The SEC giving it their blessing along with the Big XII which co-sponsored the amendment with the ACC would have the votes so that divisions wouldn’t be necessary to determine confidence championship games every season.

The NCAA gave the ACC the waiver this year because of the pandemic.

However if we stupidly play use the situation to it’s advantage.

Then after the season the conference needs to go to the SEC and say you stopped our 3-5-5 division less plan years ago.

You didn’t like it and with the Big Ten voted it down.
You owe us the support of this measure since we stuck by you and played football in a pandemic.

If the ACC isn’t trying to leverage changes they want now they won’t get them.
The SEC giving it their blessing along with the Big XII which co-sponsored the amendment with the ACC would have the votes so that divisions wouldn’t be necessary to determine confidence championship games every season.

The NCAA gave the ACC the waiver this year because of the pandemic.

However if we stupidly play use the situation to it’s advantage.

But do you think it would be stupid if we play this season?

I don't get the SEC's hangup. Giving us the right to 3-5-5 doesn't mean they have to change their division setup and annual money maker in Atlanta, as currently constructed.

But do you think it would be stupid if we play this season?

I don't get the SEC's hangup. Giving us the right to 3-5-5 doesn't mean they have to change their division setup and annual money maker in Atlanta, as currently constructed.
They don’t want the ACC do it and then have LSU put up a stink that they are second best team in the conference so Alabama-LSU play twice then and look at what the ACC does.

The SEC likes the current setup.
The ACC doesn’t.

Also playing this year is stupid. Even if it ends up happening.

They don’t want the ACC do it and then have LSU put up a stink that they are second best team in the conference so Alabama-LSU play twice then and look at what the ACC does.

The SEC likes the current setup.
The ACC doesn’t.

Also playing this year is stupid. Even if it ends up happening.

I can see why the SEC likes their setup, and I can see why the 2nd place team in the West would have put up a stink up to a few years ago. But now that Georgia is flying high, Florida is back, Tennessee appears on their way, they've turned that back into a temporary issue.

SEC should do what they want and let everyone else do what they want.

ACC/SEC seem more dug in than ever. If the Big XII aligns with us, the three conferences will provide enough content to own Saturdays - that’s a massive W from a football standpoint.

I don’t know how bowls will work but Clemson, Oklahoma and two SEC teams is enough for a valid CFP.

Normally I would always recommend pulling out. But to each their own.
I have been listening to Sirius all afternoon and they have had on all the reporters on various sports stations. Bottom line is they are all reporting Big 10/Pac 12 won't play (as we have confirmed). And the other 3 power 5 conferences are going to play. Big 12 may back out and join Big 10/Pac 12 but seems unlikely.

But no doubt ACC and SEC are playing in the fall from all the reporters

I have been listening to Sirius all afternoon and they have had on all the reporters on various sports stations. Bottom line is they are all reporting Big 10/Pac 12 won't play (as we have confirmed). And the other 3 power 5 conferences are going to play. Big 12 may back out and join Big 10/Pac 12 but seems unlikely.

But no doubt ACC and SEC are playing in the fall from all the reporters

I'm pretty sure I wasn't even talking about football but I don't even know anymore.

I'm pretty sure I wasn't even talking about football but I don't even know anymore.
I got the joke, but brought it back to football...LOL

sounds like the ACC will open the valves check the gauges... Some governor likes that line a lot. Can shut it down at any point but like they said, lets see what the first few weeks of school look like. I still don't think they play but who knows. I don't see anything wrong with it at this point. I like that the 3 other conferences didn't just fold up at this point

Will ND continue to play now that their geographical neighbors are putting the brakes on things. Even a Syracuse and BC are not southern schools who NEED to play college football right now. We don't rely on this like life and death

Will ND continue to play now that their geographical neighbors are putting the brakes on things. Even a Syracuse and BC are not southern schools who NEED to play college football right now. We don't rely on this like life and death

If they're fine and the teams they're playing are fine why wouldn't they?

Granted peer pressure might end this but we will see.

Mark my words, the northern ACC schools, Pitt, Syracuse, and BC will not be playing football this fall. I just can't see the northeastern schools playing after the Big 10 and Ivy League opted out even if it is theoretically safe to play.

Mark my words, the northern ACC schools, Pitt, Syracuse, and BC will not be playing football this fall. I just can't see the northeastern schools playing after the Big 10 and Ivy League opted out even if it is theoretically safe to play.
If the ACC is playing, and they have students on campus? I'll guess they will until it gets shutdown.

If they're fine and the teams they're playing are fine why wouldn't they?

Granted peer pressure might end this but we will see.

Governor could shut down BC before it starts unless they want to play all away games. I don't see it happening especially with BC sitting in Boston/Newton border.

Not sure how Syracuse and ND react but they are northern schools.

Governor could shut down BC before it starts unless they want to play all away games. I don't see it happening especially with BC sitting in Boston/Newton border.

He didn't shut down the Red Sox. Baker seems like a reasonable sort, should be interesting.

There are currently 30 states with more cases than Massachussets. Everything trending downwards.

In my opinion the season will be canceled. The acc will hold out to get as many practices as possible and pull the plug right before games are to begin.
From a liability standpoint you cannot play. If a school were to play after numerous others said it was unsafe and a player died it would destroy the school. Chancellor/presidents and trustees are not going to take the risk.
I would love to see football like everyone else but this helps su in the long term. The only player I see leaving is Cisco. The others need more exposure. This allows us to keep our team in tact and build depth. The schools this will impact are the blue bloods where a number of their draft eligible players will leave.