If he does come here how would that affect attendance? | Syracusefan.com

If he does come here how would that affect attendance?

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
Yes
Yes
Yes, we came darn close this year
Almost exact to last year
I'd move out of CNY

Wholly dependent on the schedule. Lots of weekend games or attractive opponents during Christmas break? SEC Challenge on the road? Lower attendance. UConn or Louisville on a weeknight instead of weekend? Lower attendance. Weekend nooner instead of 4:00 p.m.? Lower.

Schedule and winning are probably the 1a and 1b of high attendance. Weather is a distant second, luck is third. Everything else is way behind.

I am afraid that I think attendance would suffer as every other row of seats would have to be left vacant to accomodate site lines over the thousands of flat tops.

Wholly dependent on the schedule. Lots of weekend games or attractive opponents during Christmas break? SEC Challenge on the road? Lower attendance. UConn or Louisville on a weeknight instead of weekend? Lower attendance. Weekend nooner instead of 4:00 p.m.? Lower.

Schedule and winning are probably the 1a and 1b of high attendance. Weather is a distant second, luck is third. Everything else is way behind.
very very true. BE could really stick it to SU with the schedule. weekend home games of Depaul, seton hall, providence, usf :noidea:

Do you think it would increase?

Do you think more people would buy season ticket's?

If so, enough to capture the #1 spot for the first time since 2005?

Ours might not increase as much as UK's would decrease if they don't get a superclass coming in.

The fans will come out regardless but I would think that the first few games would generate more buzz and would probably put more people in the seats which would help with our overall numbers.

I would think that we are probably going to be hosting a gameday next year. Last year in the BE, possibly against Georgetown. I can see this happening.

very very true. BE could really stick it to SU with the schedule. weekend home games of Depaul, seton hall, providence, usf :noidea:

That would probably cause a drop, though it's always possible that the allure of a winning Syracuse team and any weekend opponent (unless it's a nooner or a cold/snowy/rainy day) could draw a good crowd.

One more factor: Otto's Army. Those kids who post on here certainly contributed to getting students as involved as Syracuse students are willing to be - this past season, the home opener, Florida, Pittsburgh, and Georgetown were all much larger crowds because of a good student turnout. I think our resident student fans are graduating seniors, though. Are there underclassmen who will keep that tradition going, or is the student section going to return to its late-'90s sea of silver appearance?

That would probably cause a drop, though it's always possible that the allure of a winning Syracuse team and any weekend opponent (unless it's a nooner or a cold/snowy/rainy day) could draw a good crowd.

One more factor: Otto's Army. Those kids who post on here certainly contributed to getting students as involved as Syracuse students are willing to be - this past season, the home opener, Florida, Pittsburgh, and Georgetown were all much larger crowds because of a good student turnout. I think our resident student fans are graduating seniors, though. Are there underclassmen who will keep that tradition going, or is the student section going to return to its late-'90s sea of silver appearance?
BK are you passing the torch?

BE could really stick it to SU with the schedule. weekend home games of Depaul, seton hall, providence, usf :noidea:

What weekend home games?
All BE home games will be on Tuesday and Wednesday at 7:00.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom