If I'm Dino | Syracusefan.com

If I'm Dino

Oakland

2022 Iggy Winner: ACC Record
I give all the practice reps to Morgan with a focus on the passing game. I start Morgan in the Pitt game with a passing game plan. I ride him for at least two drives. If things go well, keep him in. After that, don't hesitate to bring in GS to mix it up. If fact, switching up GS and JM every few drives seems attractive at this point.

At all times, the running game featuring Tucker should be used!

Why? Because if we come out with the same @#*&^% game plan that we have had the last two games, Pitt will be ready and we will lose!

I know that the football mind set says not to go to with two QBs, but screw that! - we need to do something different to win, if nothing more than to start a QB who is a capable passer.

I'm guessing Morgan just isn't that good. How does a guy that's been in the system for a full year with in game experience get beat out by a guy that shows up the next season? We need to hope Lamson is good enough to win the job next year and that some WRs figure out how to do WR things.

I'm guessing Morgan just isn't that good. How does a guy that's been in the system for a full year with in game experience get beat out by a guy that shows up the next season? We need to hope Lamson is good enough to win the job next year and that some WRs figure out how to do WR things.
He was serviceable as a true frosh

He was serviceable as a true frosh
I thought so too, but apparently he wasn't good enough to keep them from bringing in a transfer that immediately competed with the incumbant despite obvious passing deficiencies.

Justin Lamsen should be getting all the reps and start next game in my opinion. It will be his third year in the program next year.not sure what’s stopping us from giving him a shot

Next year?!!!

Justin Lamsen should be getting all the reps and start next game in my opinion. It will be his third year in the program next year.not sure what’s stopping us from giving him a shot
he has been here 1 yr---however i would try anything at this point. put morgan in as a slot

What made you think it was his 3rd year in the program? Last year a bunch of the discussion in the recruiting thread was whether he would enroll in the spring or play a spring high school season due to covid.

QB is NOT the biggest issue. It is Gilbert and Dino running a stagnate and predictable offense. The play calling has been atrocious. They are BOTH below average coaches and nothing will change until GILBERT is at least fired! I would say both but we all pretty much know that DB will be back next season.

I give all the practice reps to Morgan with a focus on the passing game. I start Morgan in the Pitt game with a passing game plan. I ride him for at least two drives. If things go well, keep him in. After that, don't hesitate to bring in GS to mix it up. If fact, switching up GS and JM every few drives seems attractive at this point.

At all times, the running game featuring Tucker should be used!

Why? Because if we come out with the same @#*&^% game plan that we have had the last two games, Pitt will be ready and we will lose!

I know that the football mind set says not to go to with two QBs, but screw that! - we need to do something different to win, if nothing more than to start a QB who is a capable passer.
With this game plan, Josh Allen shouldn’t be playing for the Bills after his two bad drives. If a quarterback was given two drives to prove their legitimacy, every football team would need about 20 qb’s.

The coaches want to win as badly as the fans, if not more. They physically get to see the players in action in practice that we don’t have access to. There has to be some trust that they’re putting out the best product onto the field. Now whether one believes that’s the case or not is a different story.

QB is NOT the biggest issue. It is Gilbert and Dino running a stagnate and predictable offense. The play calling has been atrocious. They are BOTH below average coaches and nothing will change until GILBERT is at least fired! I would say both but we all pretty much know that DB will be back next season.

QB is a huge issue. That pass to a wide open Cooper where he could've walked 50 yards into the endzone sealed the deal for me on this current QB. The only thing he can do is run. It's becoming easier to defend us which is evident the last two games. Key on Tucker and have your left DE and left LB stay home for Shrader to pull it. There is literally zero threat to complete a pass over 5 yards.

Why would you think a drop back passer would make a difference. No line, no receivers, and a bad oc. Schrader is our only option at this point.
there's missed throws by Shrader which are appalling but he's able to escape another 4-5 sacks per game b/c he's got a Tebow like motor and can run and slam into guys.

need the sugar and the spice w GS right now. Anyone else is going to get hurt back there. it's preposterous anyone would call for a QB change right now.

ONLY chance at a bowl is to grind Pitt on the ground with Tucker and GS and hope for some turnovers. Not impossible if there is some heart on this team (which i assume there is).

I anticipate a 38-31 type game here

there's missed throws by Shrader which are appalling but he's able to escape another 4-5 sacks per game b/c he's got a Tebow like motor and can run and slam into guys.

need the sugar and the spice w GS right now. Anyone else is going to get hurt back there. it's preposterous anyone would call for a QB change right now.

ONLY chance at a bowl is to grind Pitt on the ground with Tucker and GS and hope for some turnovers. Not impossible if there is some heart on this team (which i assume there is).

Agree. I really give them little chance to win but there is always a chance. This team needs a bowl badly.

they came out throwing vs NC st because they figured they would be doing what UL did and they did.. It didnt com close to working because we still didnt block well against a D playing the run and we have accuracy/timing issues all over the field. if you can man up all the WR and play run first and still stop the pass offense becomes real hard. its not play calling. We probably had 10 passes vs NC st that just need to be completed and most of them were not even catchable throws.

QB is a huge issue. That pass to a wide open Cooper where he could've walked 50 yards into the endzone sealed the deal for me on this current QB. The only thing he can do is run. It's becoming easier to defend us which is evident the last two games. Key on Tucker and have your left DE and left LB stay home for Shrader to pull it. There is literally zero threat to complete a pass over 5 yards.
I didn't say QB wasn't an issue, I said the coaching and play calling is a BIGGER issue.

If you want any chance to win, run option to the left all game. Forget about a passing game altogether.

they came out throwing vs NC st because they figured they would be doing what UL did and they did.. It didnt com close to working because we still didnt block well against a D playing the run and we have accuracy/timing issues all over the field. if you can man up all the WR and play run first and still stop the pass offense becomes real hard. its not play calling. We probably had 10 passes vs NC st that just need to be completed and most of them were not even catchable throws.

first play of the game we did exactly what I wanted them to do. Play action pass throw it long. Unfortunately it was a disaster. Tucker missed block #1 and Benson missed block #2.

Why would you think a drop back passer would make a difference. No line, no receivers, and a bad oc. Schrader is our only option at this point.
I really don't put what we've seen on Gilbert's play calling. He's calling the game based on our strengths. People complain that we're one dimensional when we run the ball like crazy, then they complain we're taking it out of Tucker's hands when we try to pass against a heavy box.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom