If Jimmy Boeheim III is the backup C going forward | Syracusefan.com

If Jimmy Boeheim III is the backup C going forward

Bird Popcorn GIF

Hilarious, since we would never have won the Indiana game without Frank. But he’s not ready once again...
It’s like when Jesse played last year and helped us but the same thing was said, yet every time he came in he helped and just a few months later came in and became our best or second best player and still catches the most flack. Tres bizarre.

It’s like when Jesse played last year and helped us but the same thing was said, yet every time he came in he helped and just a few months later came in and became our best or second best player and still catches the most flack. Tres bizarre.
Love JB for what he has created, but the game, and the players have all evolved with the times, but he has not.

I just can't even follow his logic some times. Frank is pretty much the only reason(defensively) we had a shot to even win that game in OT.

Jessie basically is one year behind of where he should be developmentally based on this freeze out .. what he’s doing now he should have been doing the second part of last year .. and this year he should be beyond even that

bench jab he is not ready anymore, finish the season with one of the assistants---jab has become ridiculous

Then the plan should be for Jesse Edwards to play 40 MPG.

I just can’t believe Jimmy III over Frank is the backup C going forward.
If Jesse could keep himself on the floor for 40 mpg... Well, in the immortal words of Nathan Arizona, "if a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his @$$ a-hoppin."

Sincere question -- we all lose it a bit as we get older. Is there a serious concern about cognitive decline at play here? I know JB is stubborn and has always said things...but some of this has me questioning things. Is it just because it's his kids and he's a dad first or is he slowing down. It happens to everyone.

Sincere question -- we all lose it a bit as we get older. Is there a serious concern about cognitive decline at play here? I know JB is stubborn and has always said things...but some of this has me questioning things. Is it just because it's his kids and he's a dad first or is he slowing down. It happens to everyone.
I think it's more of a stubbornness thing. While he has made some very head-scratching decisions, there have been many times this season where I thought his in-game adjustments and feel for the game were excellent. When I don't get that feeling, it seems to be due to the way he uses his bench and whether or not he spells certain players.

Up the point of going with Jimmy after Jesse fouled out we had given up 3 layups or dunks the whole game. That is 3 in 30 minutes. The remaining 9 of regulation we gave up 6 including the last play that tied it.

Maybe Frank fouls out maybe not but he surely wasn't serving up easy 2s every time down the court.

Up the point of going with Jimmy after Jesse fouled out we had given up 3 layups or dunks the whole game. That is 3 in 30 minutes. The remaining 9 of regulation we gave up 6 including the last play that tied it.

Maybe Frank fouls out maybe not but he surely wasn't serving up easy 2s every time down the court.
Additionally JBs point on why the defense was OK with Jimmy in was that we were giving up 2 instead of 3s...which is...not fantastic.

I can’t believe we have 4 centers on our roster and only one of them is serviceable.
This is an on-going issue at SU, since at least Rak and Melo. I get that centers are tough to identify and recruit (the good ones are usually easy to spot and thus end up on teams who recruit very we$$. Those guys usually like to be involved on offense too. And then being near 7-ft tall and playing a game that involves running and jumping, just leads to injuries.

But playing Lydon and Marek out of position and now Jimmy (even briefly) is a trend.

Then the plan should be for Jesse Edwards to play 40 MPG.

I just can’t believe Jimmy III over Frank is the backup C going forward.

Listen, it's like those old rock n jock basketball games on MTV.

We just need to outscore opponents bc we are just plain done with defense I guess.

I'm fine with that, but let's find out where that 10 point shot is on the floor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom