Who's side are you on?

• Dwight Howard

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Stan Van Gundy

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters

longislandcuse

Living Legend
Then what is Dwight Howard? Wow, not taking sides because I think SVG ted on Howard pretty hard and went public with their feud when it was not necessary but today comes the news that Dwight will sit out the rest of the year *including playoffs, because he doesnt want to play for SVG.

That is a Mortal Kombat finishing move on the coach.

Wow. Will he be paid for the rest of the season? Is there any contract violation here?

Wow. Will he be paid for the rest of the season? Is there any contract violation here?

He has a "back injury," so under that guise, he will continue to get paid; and if the Magic tried to not pay him, then the NBAPA would throw a fit.

Yeah this is really bad by Dwight. And it makes it all the weirder that he opted in for next year.

Ah yes..the old back problem. Man, Howard comes out looking really ty here...

Yeah this is really bad by Dwight. And it makes it all the weirder that he opted in for next year.

He opted in knowing that he could force Van Gundy out. The talent always wins over coaching in the NBA. Hell, look at DeMarcus Cousins and Paul Westphal earlier this season. I like that Stan has not held his tongue about Dwight's back-stabbing.

He opted in knowing that he could force Van Gundy out. The talent always wins over coaching in the NBA. Hell, look at DeMarcus Cousins and Paul Westphal earlier this season. I like that Stan has not held his tongue about Dwight's back-stabbing.

Yeah, I'm sure, but I thought maybe he'd just leave if he didn't like Stan that much. Not like Orlando has so much talent around him.

I don't see how anyone can really take Dwight's side on this. The players should play, and the coaches should coach. Simple as that. Trying to break apart and rebuild the team to your liking is quite ridiculous.

Then what is Dwight Howard? Wow, not taking sides because I think SVG ted on Howard pretty hard and went public with their feud when it was not necessary but today comes the news that Dwight will sit out the rest of the year *including playoffs, because he doesnt want to play for SVG.

What I don't get is why he wants to stay in Orlando (which I am assuming he does based on the effort he is putting into getting rid of SVG). It's not like the talent around him is all that great and he's their best chip.

They have no meaningful expirings (I don't think), and Turkoglu is signed through 2014 as are Arenas, Big Baby, and JRich. I think Arenas was amnestied and Turkoglu final year may be a player option. But the point is, they aren't moving any big money anytime soon.

I love JRich but he is on the downside...but this tells me Dwight thinks he can win with this team.

44cuse

He's won 9 post-season series. He won't be unemployed for long.

Ownership needs to stand firm and fire Howard's ass. No sending him to New York, Brooklyn or either of the LA's.
Sacramento, Charlotte, Salt Lake, send him to the hinterlands. The fans will support them.

Maybe if people addressed what everybody says is wrong with the NBA, instead of weasel-waying their way around things, perhaps some of the issues would be corrected. Player trying to get a coach fired? Fire the player for once. No matter how much it hurts, wheter you get pennies on the dollar, whatever. When it gets to this point, when you are the owner, you are f**d. Excise the cancer. You and I would get fired for initiating subterfuge regarding our bosses, why not Howard? I know I do not have the same kind of contract Howard has, but the lines of authority need to be sharp in any organization for it to be functional.

Some team just got a free pass in the first round of the playoffs. Hopefully the Knicks can catch them and ORL can be a sacrificial lamb for Miami.

I think dwight's rep has taken quite the beating recently.

and if melo continues this streak, and saves mike woodson's job - he may be considered a miracle worker.

DHow's got egg all over his face. He could have executed his trade option a month ago.

Instead, he goes to management on the sly and tries to get SVG fired, and then proceeds to lie about it to media. Even in games, instead of playing harder, he encourages fans to boo the team (who does that?).

Great talent, but these actions raise serious character and attitude questions. Not to mention ... if he doesn't like SVG, who's he going to play for?

You and I would get fired for initiating subterfuge regarding our bosses, why not Howard? I know I do not have the same kind of contract Howard has, but the lines of authority need to be sharp in any organization for it to be functional.

Because Howard is probably way better at his job than we our at ours. Not fair, but that's how it works.

I guess Magic Johnson was a cancer as well since he got Westhead fired.:noidea:

Howard to have season ending back surgery, will also miss Olympics

I have to imagine Dwight Howard was taken out of context in regards to quitting on SVG. Season ending back surgery and missing the Olympics is a pretty big deal to just get back at your coach.