If Only One - I Am Glad We Got DC2 Over NN... | Syracusefan.com

If Only One - I Am Glad We Got DC2 Over NN...

newmexicuse

All Conference
1. DC2 will be the better O player and give us a legit post-up threat.

2. On D - NN will be more impactful, but DC2 will be a better space eater.

3. DC2 is a better fit for our roster - he brings some unique skillsets to the equation. NN would only have been a better version of what we already have (X & BMK).

4. If both players fulfill the hype - NN is probably one & done, whereas we most likely get two or three seasons from DC2.

5. Simply can't not get the hometown kids.

3. DC2 is a better fit for our roster - he brings some unique skillsets to the equation. NN would only have been a better version of what we already have (X & BMK).

4. If both players fulfill the hype - NN is probably one & done, whereas we most likely get two or three seasons from DC2.

It wasn't an either/ or proposition, so premise is invalid.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Yep...though you can make a legit argument that NN would BMK and Raks development by taking up their minutes for a year.

Yep...though you can make a legit argument that NN would BMK and Raks development by taking up their minutes for a year.

But if we win the NC then who cares? UK does just fine by ing everyone's minutes with 1 year players.

2 different types of players but to answer your question, yes, I'm happy with Coleman and I like his offensive a lot more than whats his hair. He'll be a nice change up from Baye.

Would rather have both... and I think NN woulda been happier here than UK but thats his call. If it was an either or, yeah I'd take DC2. Prob get at least a couple really good years outta him vs one of NN.

I'm very happy with DC2. I agree that in the long run he will pay many more benefits than NN. While I don't agree that he will be here more than 2 years we know that NN is a 1 and done ... so he had to make a significant impact in his first year. With that being said it would have been really nice to have him playing the 4-5 ... with him in there at the 4 when DC2 is at the 5. Defensively we would have been awesome. I think DC2 will bring more to the table offensively b/c in that area NN is still pretty raw. And with that being said ...moot point. I think Rak will be awesome next year and can play the 4-5 with Dirty as back up.

and BTW ... UK losing their entire team (I believe). Tough starting from scratch and winning a NC with all freshmen line up

I have to agree. I think it's obvious we would have been best with both, but I think DC2 gives a little more stability for at least one more year than NN. I also agree that DC2 gives us a player with an offensive skill set we didn't have last year that NN wouldn't have. I'm excited to see what this team will look like next year. I think it'll be one that looks quite a bit better in march than it does in december.

2 different types of players but to answer your question, yes, I'm happy with Coleman and I like his offensive a lot more than whats his hair. He'll be a nice change up from Baye.

I saw Baye at the spring game yesterday when we were all in the hallways meeting the fb players and he took a pic with my son. I asked him if he was ready to deliver a big year next year and he said its going to be a very big year.

I saw Baye at the spring game yesterday when we were all in the hallways meeting the fb players and he took a pic with my son. I asked him if he was ready to deliver a big year next year and he said its going to be a very big year.

He's a wonderful young man and looking at my post I wasn't saying Baye wasn't good just that Coleman is like a 180 deference. My daughter almost killed me when she found out Baye was there signing autographs and she didn't get one.

DJC is a better basketball player, NN is a better athlete.

He's a wonderful young man and looking at my post I wasn't saying Baye wasn't good just that Coleman is like a 180 deference. My daughter almost killed me when she found out Baye was there signing autographs and she didn't get one.
Agreed. He's a great guy.

The OP never said it was an either/or proposition. He was simply stating the reasons why he thought DC2 was a better fit assuming we only landed one of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom