If these are the 2 best teams in he country | Syracusefan.com

If these are the 2 best teams in he country

Marsh01

Living Legend
Then college football is way down this year. If these teams end up playing again in January then the system should be blown up.

I'm into it. They know each other well and the defenses are playing great. Both teams would slaughter most other contenders.

I'm into it. They know each other well and the defenses are playing great. Both teams would slaughter other contenders.
No chance. Their offenses are weak for the top teams in the country. Would love to see Stanford or Okie State get a shot at these teams. Very unimpressed at both of these offenses.

No chance. Their offenses are weak for the top teams in the country. Would love to see Stanford or Okie State get a shot at these teams. Very unimpressed at both of these offenses.
I think either would get shut out by Bama or LSU

That's your opinion. Okie St would be interesting. I think alot of it is the familiarity with each other. I don't think Stanford has enough speed from skill players to challenge these guys. The speed on each D is making these offenses look pedestrian. They don't have trouble scoring points normally. It's good football, imo.

That's your opinion. Okie St would be interesting. I think alot of it is the familiarity with each other. I don't think Stanford has enough speed from skill players to challenge these guys. The speed on each D is making these offenses look pedestrian. They don't have trouble scoring points normally. It's good football, imo.
Eh, hasnt lived up to the game of the century. Typical over hyped ESPN game. Give these other teams a shot is all I am saying. I am not convinced that either team could score enough points against any of the other top teams.

Eh, hasnt lived up to the game of the century. Typical over hyped ESPN game. Give these other teams a shot is all I am saying. I am not convinced that either team could score enough points against any of the other top teams.

I agree it's overhyped and the QBs are average. I do think they could run their stuff and score enough points on anybody else.

I agree it's overhyped and the QBs are average. I do think they could run their stuff and score on anybody else.
I guess I am surprised how unimpressive both teams QB's are. Especially LSU. I know that yards are at a premium tonight but this is ridiculous. I think Alabama needs to recruit a kicker as well. This guy is terrible.

I guess I am surprised how unimpressive both teams QB's are. Especially LSU. I know that yards are at a premium tonight but this is ridiculous. I think Alabama needs to recruit a kicker as well. This guy is terrible.

Yep. No doubt about it.

These two Defenses are off the charts good. Appreciate it for what it is. This game had no chance of living up to the hype simply b/c there was no chance for offensive fireworks.

Eh, hasnt lived up to the game of the century. Typical over hyped ESPN game.

Out here in Indiana the LSU-Bama game was on CBS. ESPN had a great game between OKie St and Kansas St.

If either OSU or Stanford go undefeated they should get a shot at LSU...but if they both lose this will probably be a rematch for the National championship.

Then college football is way down this year. If these teams end up playing again in January then the system should be blown up.

I think Alabama losing at home makes it much less likely.

The Orange wouldn't be able to muster a single point, against either of these teams.

LSU has had two incomplete QBs for the last three years. The offense is designed to minimize the chances that the QBs will hurt you. The goal has been to just get to 20 points, since that's enough to win most games with a stout defense.

Defensive struggles are ugly to watch, but more often than not the programs that are built on offenses that make the fans say "wow" struggle when they face a stout defense. That's why the SEC has won so many BCS title games in a row.

You do realize that out of 22 starters tonight, 10 are going to be picked in the 1st and 2nd round of the NFL draft in April from those 2 teams alone. And that those were 2 NFL caliber secondary's tonight. Tough for even top college kids to play against that kind of NFL level talent. Especially in a pressure packed game where there was no let down. Usually Bama and LSU play top flight for a half or 3 quarters, then call off the dogs a bit and other teams put up some numbers. There was no calling anything off tonight. This is how a high level college defense plays for a full game. You get nothing. And with that much future NFL talent on the field, you really get nothnig!

That's the highest level of college football played (especially on defense) I have ever seen. That game was no let down.

Stick to the NFL. Definitely the two best teams in college football and I pray they meet again for a rematch. The offenses looked pedestrian only because they were the only teams capable of shutting each other down. Neither has had problems scoring against anybody else. You think the front 7's of Stanford, Boise, or OK state would be able to stand up to LSU or Bama's? They would get steamrolled.

While a playoff would be great, the system we have is subjective, and subjectively I still think those are the two best teams. They didn't stop being the two best just because they played each other.

Last year's Auburn defense nearly shut down a crazy Oregon offense. Both of these defenses make Auburn's look weak. I love this kind of football. I think we may have just seen the national championship game two months early.

What drives me crazy is that is 2 big 10 teams ranked 1 and 2 played to a 9-6 game people would be killing their conference. Yet because its the beloved SEC it was a classic game. Yawn.
Prove it on the field. If these teams blow out okie st...stanford...etc then i will be the first person to eat crow. Until that happens and these teams start playing each other in a playoff format its hard to take this sport seriously.

I heard the same arguments when kansas got matched up with vcu in the elite 8 last year. That worked out a little different than people thought.

If they are the two best teams then they should have no problem zipping through an 8 team playoff format. This whole obsession with the. 2 best teams having to play for the NC drives me crazy. Let it play out like it does in every sport. If it happens then great. If not then that is what makes sports the greatest thing on the planet. Watching upsets...rooting for the underdog.

If they are the two best teams then they should have no problem zipping through an 8 team playoff format. This whole obsession with the. 2 best teams having to play for the NC drives me crazy. Let it play out like it does in every sport. If it happens then great. If not then that is what makes sports the greatest thing on the planet. Watching upsets...rooting for the underdog.

It's not up to them to have a playoff or not, I'm sure they would be ok with it. The bottom line is if you thought they were the 2 best teams going into last night, I don't see how you can think differently this morning.

I dont know if they are the 2 best teams. How does anyone know? On paper? Because everyone keeps saying they are? I really dont care if they are. Put osu...stanfird...boise..etc in a playoff and it would rival the ncaa hoops tourney. Thats all im saying. Then if they end up playing for the title outstanding. All of this old school traditionalistic bowl game tie in crap just drives me nuts.

2 best teams. period. Both of those defenses would destroy Okie St/Boise/Stanford. If im Andrew Luck, I know im getting picked number 1 but I definately wouldnt want to jeopardize that by having to play LSU or Bama in a bowl game. Actually that game would be suuuperrrr hyped, especially if for the Title, however I think LSU vs Stanford would be complete annhilation of Stanford.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom