If Tisdale is back this Saturday... | Syracusefan.com

If Tisdale is back this Saturday...

LeMoyneCuse

All American
Vet out for the rest of the year and Tisdale potentially back opens an interesting can of worms.

What's the starting 5 from 6 names, including 4 guys who have played Guard this year?

Bergeron at LT and Servais at C seem givens.

If Tisdale is healthy enough to play, he seems more obvious of a choice to start at RT than Dakota. Ellis has been pretty good since he entered the rotation - but has he been good enough to relegate either Dakota or Bleich to the bench?

Or do you stick with what worked against BC and keep Ellis at LG, Bleich at RG, and Dakota at RT?

Vet out for the rest of the year and Tisdale potentially back opens an interesting can of worms.

What's the starting 5 from 6 names, including 4 guys who have played Guard this year?

If Tisdale is healthy enough to play, he seems more obvious of a choice to start at RT than Dakota. Ellis has been pretty good since he entered the rotation - but has he been good enough to relegate either Dakota or Bleich to the bench?

Or do you stick with what worked against BC and keep Ellis at LG, Bleich at RG, and Dakota at RT?

Depends on Tisdale's health.

I lean towards stick with Davis at RT, and Ellis at RG -- with Tisdale shifting into a depth-role [as an experienced, dependable vet]. Maybe he'll continue to heal and be in a different spot in a week, 2, 3, or for a bowl -- but I'm not confident that he'd be ready to play full-time starter's snaps right now, for this upcoming game.

I lean towards stick with Davis at RT, and Ellis at RG -- with Tisdale shifting into a depth-role [as an experienced, dependable vet]. Maybe he'll continue to heal and be in a different spot in a week, 2, 3, or for a bowl -- but I'm not confident that he'd be ready to play full-time starter's snaps right now, for this upcoming game.
Agree. I thought Dakota did really well at RT. Arguably the best performance at RT we have had all season; certainly since Servais was moved to C.

I think Bleich is markedly better at OG than Tisdale and Ellis is a little better as well. A bunch of guys are banged up and it would be great to have Tisdale able to fill in as needed at T and G.

Ellis won't relegate bleich or Dakota to the bench. Not even close. Tisdale could relegate Ellis to the bench, but back by the end of the year could mean by a bowl game.
Disagree with this. Ellis has progressed very nicely and he isn’t coming out of the lineup with all the success we’ve had. Tisdale will be the depth for the rest of the year. The “ not even close” statement was an uneducated one.

Thought they kept Ellis at LG and moved Bleich to RG last game. Hoping with two more weeks of prep playing these spots it will strengthen the right side for both run and pass.

Play your five best, and last week was the first time the five best played together.

Don’t change it now.

Play your five best, and last week was the first time the five best played together.

Don’t change it now.
If it ain't broke, don't break it.

Keep one thing in mind. While Tisdale is ok run blocking, he is by far our lowest graded OL for pass blocking and one game (Rutgers) was the lowest graded in the country.

Disagree with this. Ellis has progressed very nicely and he isn’t coming out of the lineup with all the success we’ve had. Tisdale will be the depth for the rest of the year. The “ not even close” statement was an uneducated one.
The not even close is Ellis as compared to Dakota/Bleich. Ellis HAS progressed nicely. Why i said Tisdale "could" not "would " take the spot back. As Bees points out, Tisdale has had a few hiccups in the pass game, but Ellis has had the hiccups you'd expect from a true frosh, too. Getting pancaked onto Servs leg, and knocking him out of the game was unfortunate, but that stuff can happen with an 18? Year old lineman.

Either way, good problems to have.

Why Tis at RT? Size, sure. With a few pass pro hiccups, I'd stick with the current lineup, or maybe put a 100% Tis at a G spot. (Doubt he'd be 100)

Someone mentioned Dakota at RT, next year. To me? That's the can of worms. Who is at C? I'd argue that last weeks shift was more based on keeping power in the middle. (Serv over Ilaoa) If Dakota is at RT, wouldn't that put a , hopefully, more powerful Vett back at C? With more G candidates, is one shifted to C instead?

Do Cruz or Red take the next step and earn a starting tackle job?

Keep one thing in mind. While Tisdale is ok run blocking, he is by far our lowest graded OL for pass blocking and one game (Rutgers) was the lowest graded in the country.

For the Lville game Tisdale must have set a record for pass blocking. A grade of 0.0.

He was better in run blocking with a 50.5 which is still below average and was the lowest grade on the team of all players.

For the Lville game Tisdale must have set a record for pass blocking. A grade of 0.0.

He was better in run blocking with a 50.5 which is still below average and was the lowest grade on the team of all players.
Initially had him at a 6.6. I guess the replay wasn't as kind(grades are gone through multiple times). He's coming back from injury, as well.

Its also fair to note that he was our highest graded pass blocker vs. Liberty.

Last edited:
They had him at a 6.6. I guess the replay wasn't as kind. He's coming back from injury, as well.

Yea that was his initial Sunday score. They update them on Tuesday’s after reviewing everything.

f962a531adda69d0ce46dd274f1053dc.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom