If Tulsa fires Phil Montgomery | Syracusefan.com

If Tulsa fires Phil Montgomery

GoSU96

Living Legend
Bring him in as OC/QB coach. Tulsa is struggling and they have many of the same issues but my thoughts are that Dino and him could figure out the next rev of their offense.

Dino is a great guy at the top of the program but maybe he needs to find somebody to delegate more of the offense to.

And go hire the best up and coming OL coach.

This would be something I could get behind. I don't see how Dino will fire Lynch who has been by his side the entire time. Dino preaches family and all that stuff I just don't see how he fires someone who has been so loyal to him over the years.

This would be something I could get behind. I don't see how Dino will fire Lynch who has been by his side the entire time. Dino preaches family and all that stuff I just don't see how he fires someone who has been so loyal to him over the years.
Then stop preaching this family bs. This is a business that expects results like any other business.

Bring him in as OC/QB coach. Tulsa is struggling and they have many of the same issues but my thoughts are that Dino and him could figure out the next rev of their offense.

Dino is a great guy at the top of the program but maybe he needs to find somebody to delegate more of the offense to.

In a heartbeat. Struggling at Tulsa isn't an indictment. It's Tulsa.

Don’t see it happening. Can’t see Dino getting rid of Lynch and Dino wants to run his offense exactly the way he wants. Not sure Montgomery would be interested in coming to run someone’s else’s offense. Dino isn’t going to break from doing it his way only. He believes in his system.

Don’t see it happening. Can’t see Dino getting rid of Lynch and Dino wants to run his offense exactly the way he wants. Not sure Montgomery would be interested in coming to run someone’s else’s offense. Dino isn’t going to break from doing it his way only. He believes in his system.

Would he make Lynch strictly the OL coach? Would that be a good thing? (I don't know that answer).

The more awkward part is Martin. I hope Dino was up front with him.

Find Lynch a head coaching job somewhere. Then Dino will have no choice.
Or pay Lewis a lot of money to hire Lynch away.

No hurt feelings.

(no, I’m not serious)

Make lynch co-o coordinator, OL and asst head coach. Not a demotion, just a reshuffling of responsibilities

Would he make Lynch strictly the OL coach? Would that be a good thing? (I don't know that answer).

The more awkward part is Martin. I hope Dino was up front with him.

Good question. His guys seem very devoted to him so I could see Lynch saying I’ll stay with our group and take a demotion essentially. I still don’t think Montgomery or Dino would think bringing Montgomery on would make sense, for them.

And I think that Dino may think that Lynch isn’t the issue, that the line is so bad that Lynch hasn’t had the chance to really show if he’s capable of handling the playcalling. I can see both sides of that.

Good question. His guys seem very devoted to him so I could see Lynch saying I’ll stay with our group and take a demotion essentially. I still don’t think Montgomery or Dino would think bringing Montgomery on would make sense, for them.

If we end up 3-9 (a record reserved for the worst of coaches who have run thru here), I think Dino's mindset will change on what makes sense.

Dont Montgomery and Dino run very close to the same offense?

theres probably 90% overlap. The point is both offenses are having the same issues. It might be good to pool there expertise and adjust it because it’s obvious defenses are taking stuff away

An interesting evolution for the football program is if Wildhack convinces Dino and funds positions for Dino to have a braintrust element not just a posse of coaches. Montgomery would be great directionally.

theres probably 90% overlap. The point is both offenses are having the same issues. It might be good to pool there expertise and adjust it because it’s obvious defenses are taking stuff away

I could be wrong but it’s just my feeling, I think Dino feels strongly about his system. I don’t see him bringing in a guy like Montgomery to potentially run it. Just given some of the variables. I think he’s very stubborn (not meant as a bad thing) and this is maybe one of those things that is a no budge thing for him.

My question is how is Montgomery as a recruiter? I'm really not in tune just read our board.

I could be wrong but it’s just my feeling, I think Dino feels strongly about his system. I don’t see him bringing in a guy like Montgomery to potentially run it. Just given some of the variables. I think he’s very stubborn (not meant as a bad thing) and this is maybe one of those things that is a no budge thing for him.
Yeah, he does. that’s why it would make sense. Montgomery doesn't run the wishbone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom