if we beat notre dame | Syracusefan.com

if we beat notre dame

We don’t have any good wins in the nonconference and the ACC is down.
Let’s just get to 17 wins and enjoy the players getting better.
This isn’t an NCAAT team we have flaws. It’s just not a 12-19 team.

I would be happy to be on the bubble after all the conference games. Win a couple in the ACCT and we might get in. I'm hoping, not overly optimistic, about that. Bunch of tough games to go yet.

Man are you a quitter.
I am a realist.
The program is headed the right direction. I am not going to put unrealistic expectations on them. JB deserves a lot of credit for the players and team playing better as the season has gone along.
We don’t have anything from the nonconference to bank on for an at-large.
In 2017 we went 8-1 at home in conference play beat 3 top 10 teams and didn’t get an at-large.
Because our nonconference performance.
This year the conference is weaker unless we finish 14-6 in conference play I don’t see us making the tournament.
Which is okay.

I am a realist.
The program is headed the right direction. I am not going to put unrealistic expectations on them. JB deserves a lot of credit for the players and team playing better as the season has gone along.
In 2017 we went 8-1 at home in conference play beat 3 top 10 teams and didn’t get an at-large.
This year the conference is weaker unless we finish 14-6 in conference play I don’t see us making the tournament.
Which is okay.

the road wins will give us a shot if we keep it up, committee loves road wins. i dont think the committee looks at home records when comparing bubble teams

The 2017 team was 2-8 in true road games and 0-3 on neutral courts. And that team finished 8th in the ACC.

A top 5 ACC finish for this squad - combined with, say, 7 or 8 ACC road Ws and an ACC Tournament W - would likely trump our disappointing non-conference performance.

Channeling a little Tug McGraw here - ya gotta believe!!!

I am a realist.
Which is okay.
I wouldn’t be so certain. First of all, we absolutely should have gotten into the tourney in 2016-17. We finished 6th in conference. But this season is very different... CBB/the field is much weaker. We’ll see where we finish and if we can knock off one or two of the top teams. Our conference road record in 2017 was also poor. It’s looking good so far this season in conference play. But if we’re gonna have any chance of making the tourney, we’re gonna have to win a lot more games.

We don’t have any good wins in the nonconference and the ACC is down.
Let’s just get to 17 wins and enjoy the players getting better.
This isn’t an NCAAT team we have flaws. It’s just not a 12-19 team.
A team that hits 3’s at a high clip can do a lot of things.

I am a realist.
Which is okay.

That’s fair. You were more bullish than some well respected posters here when we were getting killed by Iowa and Penn State, but I do think we can win a lot of games in this conference and then who knows what will happen.

This team has a chance at going on a great run to finish the season or to end the season mediocre. Depends on what they want to do and how they play. They could put themselves easily in the tournament

I don't want to be a Debbie downer after yesterday but it's still a long shot.

We probably have something like a 20%, maybe 25% chance of making the tourney at this point. But prior to the UVA game it felt like about a 5% chance. It’s just nice to have a reasonable glimmer of hope again.

I am a realist.
Which is okay.
I mean if you’ve watched anyone else in the ACC winning 9 or 10 more regular season games isn’t out of the question. Our issue against ND and VT at home was finishing the game and we’re seemingly figuring that out.

If we can get to 20 wins then grab a win or two in Greensboro we’re easily in the conversation and maybe in without much of a worry depending on who the rest of our wins are.

What’s helping us is that, yes the ACC is down but college basketball is down as a whole. You might see some teams in the top 15 at the end of the year with 6+ losses. 3 teams in the TOP 5 had TWO losses last week. There are no elite teams this year. Anybody can beat anybody. With that being said, if we play well there’s not a team we can’t beat, and if other teams keep losing at the rate they have been who knows...we didn’t have any great wins in non conference but we also didn’t have any horrible losses at the time. Oklahoma State is our worst loss non conference loss. If we handle business the rest of the conference schedule and beat who we should and beat one of Duke, Florida State and Louisville. I think we have a chance based on how the rest of college basketball has been this season. And who knows we could make some noise in the ACC tourney this year. Wouldn’t surprise me if we keep playing like this and the rest of the ACC keeps stinking it up. We have work to do but surprisingly I don’t think we are that far off.

It's going to be tough. The OOC was brutal. And the ACC is really down, so you could win a decent # of games and not actually have a whole lot of wins worth discussing.

Wins @Va Tech and Virginia are nice, but it's not even a lock they both make the tournament. ND is possibly a 1 win, they're 74 at the moment, would drop out with a loss, could obviously climb their way back in after.

There are only 3 teams I am convinced are making the tournament out of the ACC; FSU, Louisville, and Duke. We have Duke at home, road for the other 2. I would say the only chance we have is to win at least one of those games. Something like an 8-5 finish in the league, with one win against one of them, you can probably start talking. But that's a long way off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom