If we strike out on portal big man | Syracusefan.com

If we strike out on portal big man

Caboose

Scout Team
If Edwards comes back we get a formidable defensive presence at the 5, but little to no offense. With Jesse we're completely missing a dependable, low post, back-to-the-basket game, and that's WITH Quincy should he come back. It will be another year of double digit losses. A full season and we'll see 13-15 losses.

All that being said, if we can't snag a center that provides us w the defensive and offensive presence we need, we're going to go through this again. We lost out on Tape and the Purdue guy last year. Let's see who we strike out on this year. Very frustrating. Fingers are crossed.

Tape totaled 11 points on 5/13 shooting for Duke this year. He also had 11 fouls. He only played a total of 45min... not sure if that was a big miss or not .

The portal is way different than last year - the staff will get someone if they want

Tape totaled 11 points on 5/13 shooting for Duke this year. He also had 11 fouls. He only played a total of 45min... not sure if that was a big miss or not .

The portal is way different than last year - the staff will get someone if they want
Not my point. We struck out on him, we struck out on Haarms from Purdue. How they performed afterward would only indicate additionally that we're not going after the right players, but regardless, we're not landing them.

I think you see the glimpses in Edwards that he does have post moves. Just needs to be able to hold onto the ball.
I honestly hope that he stays and works his tail off over the summer to cultivate a back to the basket game and some up and unders, spin moves, etc..

Honestly, if Jesse comes back and gets the starting gig and is averaging 8+ rebounds, 2 blocks a game and is playing D like he did against Houston...I don't care if he scores one point. I know it helps space out things but I just want someone in the middle that doesn't get BODIED and can block and alter shots

Honestly, if Jesse comes back and gets the starting gig and is averaging 8+ rebounds, 2 blocks a game and is playing D like he did against Houston...I don't care if he scores one point. I know it helps space out things but I just want someone in the middle that doesn't get BODIED and can block and alter shots
The problem is what we saw on Saturday though. When shots don't fall for Buddy there is no alternative. They were lost on offense. When the shots weren't falling they were toast.

I hear what you are saying but we need some offensive production from our center... Playing 4 on 5 is not a recipe for a deep run...

If we have Buddy/Benny/kadary etc I will take the under on losses. We don’t even know who the other ACC schools will have this year.

We need offense from our big man. See Michigan, nice when you can get a dunk or a layup once and awhile and don’t have to hope to make 3’s all game to win.

Big problem with this viewpoint... Houston forced us to win with Marek and Quincy. It would be a much different story if we had a guy like say Krutwig down low to at least present a low post option on offense. A lot of the time this game is determined by presence and ability of players, not actual numbers. Jesse's presence on defense is evidence of that. I'm just asking for that same philosophy to benefit us on offense, in the paint, near the basket. That's all I'm asking, and I think a huge portion of the fan base is asking for as well.

We did fine with Keita and Christmas providing little offense in 2013.
You left DaJuan off your list for 2013. He had a solid Frosh year. The injuries caught up down the road. Plus, that team went 9 deep. I don't see JAB doing that again.

Big problem with this viewpoint... Houston forced us to win with Marek and Quincy. It would be a much different story if we had a guy like say Krutwig down low to at least present a low post option on offense. A lot of the time this game is determined by presence and ability of players, not actual numbers. Jesse's presence on defense is evidence of that. I'm just asking for that same philosophy to benefit us on offense, in the paint, near the basket. That's all I'm asking, and I think a huge portion of the fan base is asking for as well.
Wahab

I have no issue rolling with Jesse and Frankie. None. I thought they both showed more than enough to give them both a shot.

The number 1 priority should be players that can get past their man. Especially if certain players leave...

You left DaJuan off your list for 2013. He had a solid Frosh year. The injuries caught up down the road. Plus, that team went 9 deep. I don't see JAB doing that again.

He only played 1 game in the tournament and 4 games total after January 26th.

I have no issue rolling with Jesse and Frankie. None. I thought they both showed more than enough to give them both a shot.

The number 1 priority should be players that can get past their man. Especially if certain players leave...

same here. I think we’ll be fine with Jesse and Frank. But I’m also already on record as hoping Sid comes back and gets healthy.

Not my point. We struck out on him, we struck out on Haarms from Purdue. How they performed afterward would only indicate additionally that we're not going after the right players, but regardless, we're not landing them.
Haarms was being chased by every team in the nation

He only played 1 game in the tournament and 4 games total after January 26th.
True. Just the Montana game, I believe. I also don't recall Rak getting many minutes at C.

same here. I think we’ll be fine with Jesse and Frank. But I’m also already on record as hoping Sid comes back and gets healthy.
I agree with this i want to bring back the whole team if we can (JBA non withstanding)

We need to get DC in here to help coach our bigs up. Teach them the right way to eat as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom