If we're going to fantasize, let's go "All In!" | Syracusefan.com

If we're going to fantasize, let's go "All In!"

Hoo's That

Living Legend
Here's some good fantasy from our board. The relevant quote from this linked website:

"Sources tell JohnWallStreet that UCLA mega donor Casey Wasserman “is advising the school not to re-up with the Pac-12 [beyond the conference’s existing Grant of Rights agreement, which expires in 2023].” Logic says that Wasserman is trying to steer his alma-mater to the Atlantic Coast Conference where he serves as an advisor, but it doesn’t seem feasible for the school’s non-revenue generating sports to play half their schedule 3,000 miles from campus (and they wouldn’t be welcomed to stay in the Pac-12 without football and basketball). Geographically speaking, the Big-12 Conference makes the most sense, but as one P5 athletic director suggested “do not underestimate the academic arrogance of the California schools. Joining open-access state schools like Iowa State and Texas Tech is and has always been a non-starter for them.” Heavy money remains on UCLA sticking with Cal, Stanford, USC and the Pac-12 Conference. "

Of course it ain't gonna happen, but it is a nice piece of fun speculation.

Last edited:
That reads like plot of season 4 of Ballers where USC cuts a deal with Spencer(The Rock) to sell its own rights to games to get a stud QB recruit rather than making their rights part of the PAC-12 rights.

If UCLA wanted in the ACC take them in a minute and get ND or USC while we are fantasizing.

They would be the PTBNL from the Dodgers trade from 60 years ago.
Opening up the West Coast for more subscribers to the ACC Network would be the "undisclosed amount of cash"?

UCLA is the same school that isn’t using chartered flights. Good luck playing on the east coast. One of the stupidest things Ive heard.

Here's some good fantasy from our board. The relevant quote from this linked website:

"Sources tell JohnWallStreet that UCLA mega donor Casey Wasserman “is advising the school not to re-up with the Pac-12 [beyond the conference’s existing Grant of Rights agreement, which expires in 2023].” Logic says that Wasserman is trying to steer his alma-mater to the Atlantic Coast Conference where he serves as an advisor, but it doesn’t seem feasible for the school’s non-revenue generating sports to play half their schedule 3,000 miles from campus (and they wouldn’t be welcomed to stay in the Pac-12 without football and basketball). Geographically speaking, the Big-12 Conference makes the most sense, but as one P5 athletic director suggested “do not underestimate the academic arrogance of the California schools. Joining open-access state schools like Iowa State and Texas Tech is and has always been a non-starter for them.” Heavy money remains on UCLA sticking with Cal, Stanford, USC and the Pac-12 Conference. "

If we're going to speculate, I'd be more inclined to seek international universities that border on the other side of the Atlantic. Use some of that UVA influence and get Oxford, St. Andrews, the Sorbonne, the University of Barcelona, the University of Rome, etc. to take up basketball and other common sports and expand in a new direction for the new millennium.

If Oxford was a person he’d be that weird roommate they put you with freshman year who talks funny and just spends most nights and weekends studying.

Sorbonne would pick a fight, talk big all day and then go down after the first solid punch.

Barcelona and Rome are cool.

There was once a time over on the Conference Realignment Boards when all the rumors were about the ACC imploding I jokingly suggested that if the ACC imploded that ND, BC, Pitt and SU would go to the Pac-12/16. Months later that actually was taken to heart and other posters (including the great JRsec) was taking it seriously. :)

In reverse now I suppose the ACC could invite USC, UCLA, and Stanford and maybe ND joins in full to get the league to 18? LOL

Cheers,
Neil

There was once a time over on the Conference Realignment Boards when all the rumors were about the ACC imploding I jokingly suggested that if the ACC imploded that ND, BC, Pitt and SU would go to the Pac-12/16. Months later that actually was taken to heart and other posters (including the great JRsec) was taking it seriously. :)

In reverse now I suppose the ACC could invite USC, UCLA, and Stanford and maybe ND joins in full to get the league to 18? LOL

Cheers,
Neil

fSu aNd GeORgIA TeCh tO teh Big xII

That reads like plot of season 4 of Ballers where USC cuts a deal with Spencer(The Rock) to sell its own rights to games to get a stud QB recruit rather than making their rights part of the PAC-12 rights.

If UCLA wanted in the ACC take them in a minute and get ND or USC while we are fantasizing.
Damn I can’t wait for the next season

Yeah those were fun times over on the Conference Realignment Boards, but as I recall it was more FSU and Clemson to the Big 12 rather than FSU and GT (but there were a few who advocated that as well).

Cheers,
Neil

I remember when a Georgia Tech fan created fake rumors of Georgia Tech and Syracuse to the Big Ten on Twitter and got Gus Johnson to mention them on air during the Big Ten title game and then the fake twitter account wouldn’t stop laughting at the fact his completely made up rumor got on national TV from Gus freakin’ Johnson.

I remember when a Georgia Tech fan created fake rumors of Georgia Tech and Syracuse to the Big Ten on Twitter and got Gus Johnson to mention them on air during the Big Ten title game and then the fake twitter account wouldn’t stop laughting at the fact his completely made up rumor got on national TV from Gus freakin’ Johnson.

Yep, another fun time.

Old news ... like from 1959 ...

If you wan to fantasize, go all in. All Power 5 teams leave the NCAA to form their own league. I count 65 teams. Realign into 8 divisions. Football plays a 12 game schedule, their division plus select teams from other divisions. 8 team playoff. B-ball plays 30 game season, home-home in division then several from other divisons. 32 team playoff. Or all teams in single elimination! NO games played outside the league! (Or only as preseason games). Rewrite the recruiting rules and allow for some form of player pay.

Take that NCAA!

If Oxford was a person he’d be that weird roommate they put you with freshman year who talks funny and just spends most nights and weekends studying.

Sorbonne would pick a fight, talk big all day and then go down after the first solid punch.

Barcelona and Rome are cool.
Salamanca would be the really cute foreign girl with the dark glasses too big for her face that laughs at every joke even though nobody is sure she really understood.

Does anybody else keep misreading this thread title as If we're going to fantasize, let's go "Balls deep!" or is it just me?

It's just me?

UCLA is the same school that isn’t using chartered flights. Good luck playing on the east coast. One of the stupidest things Ive heard.

ah nothing like a good ole tues/sat week of UCLA @ SYracuse BC @ UCLA followed by big Monday UCLA @ Duke.

Cheers,
Neil
JRsec gives morons a bad name.