If you could add 3 players from other teams | Syracusefan.com

If you could add 3 players from other teams

ImperialOrange

Living Legend
to this years team who would they be?

I'm taking:
Keith Appling (MSU) - Much needed guard depth, shoots the 3 well and gets assists. A bit small for the zone but oh well
Andrew Wiggins (KU) - Reconnect him with Ennis, rotation of CJ, Grant, and Wiggins? Yeah I'd take that
Jordan Bachynski (ASU) - 7'2 shot blocker in the middle of the zone, rebounds well and can score. Another Canadian to go with Ennis, and Wiggins as well.

Who's anyone else taking? Paging Marsh01

Joel Embiid (KU) - May not know the nuances of the zone, but boy can he block shots! A Fab who stays in class.
Ben Brust (Wis.) - Cooney insurance. P.S.: Better to have him on our side than on the opposing team.
Aaron Godon (AU) - Not that we don't have two stellar forwards, but, geez, he's too good to pass up.

My 3 cents.-VBOF

Marcus Smart - Can play either guard position for us.
Embid - Just a great big man on both sides of the court. His offense took me by surprise. Pretty agile around the rim.
Jabari - Yes, he's struggled lately, but he's a pure scorer. Who couldn't use that, any team in the country?

Marcus Smart - Can play either guard position for us.
Embid - Just a great big man on both sides of the court. His offense took me by surprise. Pretty agile around the rim.
Jabari - Yes, he's struggled lately, but he's a pure scorer. Who couldn't use that, any team in the country?

This is dead on for us.

Another decent question would be for those who have been playing along:

Who if any would you replace of your picks?
Smart
Embid
Jabari

PG Ennis
SG Cooney
SF CJ
PF Roc
C Embid

Jabari, a sure fire NBA lottery and one of the best freshmen in the country is on my bench. That's right. Instant offense, and I want my starting forwards to be the back line of the zone. Cooney and Jabari come off the bench and blow the lid off the place with buckets from anywhere on the court.

But I have no idea what I would do with Grant, Keita among others. I also don't like Roc out of position as I feel he's grown well into the role of full time Center.

Edit: I also put Smart on the bench. Let's have the best outside shooter of the bunch out there from the beginning, Smart to handle the ball and probably split 50-50 with the creator.

I really can only think of two "needs" this team has, given the personnel / depth we enjoy. I'm also not going to make this an all star list of top tier players--my focus will be to find guys who fit our system.

The first need is a low post scoring center, to provide a bit more floor balance offensively. Tough to argue with Embiid to fill this role given his ability to defend AND finish down low, but keeping it with players we've faced, I think a perfect fit would be Isaiah Austin from Baylor. Very good shotblocker, with the mobility to thrive in our system.

I also think we could use a combo guard--someone to spell Ennis a little bit at the point while simultaneously providing another consistent perimeter shooting threat, with the requisite size / athleticism to be a force at the top of the zone. Sign me up for someone like Darrun Hilliard from Villanova.

As for the third player, make it Shabazz Napier from storrz state. His role on the team would be to sit the bench, relinquishing PT to the better players on our roster, and occasionally getting mop up duty with the walk ons when JB feels benevolent.

Let's Go Orange!!!

Last edited:
Marcus Smart - If there is one potential weakness on this team its the depth at guard if we run into an injury (even short term). So let's make sure the super team addresses this with a player who can play 1 or 2, and should be great at the the top of the zone.

Doug Mcdermott - OK, he doesn't fit the 2-3 well. But we need some skill rather than athleticism at the 3/4. I think he would be a perfect complement to Tyler Ennis in our halfcourt offence. With CJ Fair only being "fair" as the go to guy, we might as well get the best. The other go to options are a player like Julius Randle - he would

Joel Embiid - Its much easier on the learning curve to playthe "help" center in zone, than the help center in a man to man.

I'll take Randle as he is just a beast down low with great scoring ability, Nick Johnson Sg from Zona as you need some upperclassman experience and he can score at will, and Kentucky's cash.

I know we hate Kentucky but how in the heck am I the only one to pick Randle?! Another double-double tonight with 20 and 14.
probably because with Grant and Fair people don't think that is a need, also you are forgetting the most important stat from that game Loss

Adrien Payne (PF/C) - MSU
Quinn Cook (PG/SG) - Duke
And maybe Sam Dekker he is a SmF right? -Wiscy.