If you could ask JAB one question that he had to answer honestly, what would it be. | Syracusefan.com

If you could ask JAB one question that he had to answer honestly, what would it be.

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
There would be a million different directions to go: Recruiting, Daryl Gross, Bernie Fine, Kenny Anderson, his friendship with K and Pitino etc, etc, etc, but I would probably ask him about the NCAA and our violations. Why it appears that Cuse got punished way worse than just about anyone else.

What is your Degree in and as a Walk on what Scholarship player did you beat out?

I really, really, really wanna know what he would say. I would die laughing listening to him name each guy.

Ever go out to eat with pitino?

Lol jk

What is your biggest regret in coaching over the past 40 plus years?

Do you think the only reason we got put on probation in the 90's was because the big east was taking over college basketball and it was a completely baseless witch hunt? Or is it just me?

Who do you think is the most overrated coach?

We already know the answer

crean_tom_hs_.jpg

Who pays their players more Duke, Kentucky, Kansas or Arizona?

Which “young” coach annoys you most?

...been doing that for years.
Yeah, but what's the question you would ask him that you wouldn't have to dance around. What if you were Mike Wallace?

If you could go back in time, would you have spent more time teaching Derrick Coleman how to shoot free throws?

Give me your best guess ... What year will be the first year of Syracuse basketball without you as the head coach?

There would be a million different directions to go: Recruiting, Daryl Gross, Bernie Fine, Kenny Anderson, his friendship with K and Pitino etc, etc, etc, but I would probably ask him about the NCAA and our violations. Why it appears that Cuse got punished way worse than just about anyone else.

This is obvious. Because we didn't fire the coach. The NCAA rightly enough wants to send a message to other schools about infractions and penalties. Firing the coach is one of those steps you take to penalize yourself rather than have the NCAA penalize you harder. It's not part of any formal deal but it's kind of understood that this step will be taken.

In your heart of hearts, do you believe that your refusal to step aside and let Hop take over will be good for SU basketball in the long run?

This is obvious. Because we didn't fire the coach. The NCAA rightly enough wants to send a message to other schools about infractions and penalties. Firing the coach is one of those steps you take to penalize yourself rather than have the NCAA penalize you harder. It's not part of any formal deal but it's kind of understood that this step will be taken.

So is it targeting, agenda driven then? Want a coach out - target that program? Favored coaches and programs they decide not to pursue vs targeting programs , and coaches they want out? So they want universities to fire certain coaches on their behalf because they don’t have that power and will punish them for not doing it? I’m not questioning what you are saying, just thinking of the implications.