If you like it, then you shoulda put a ring on it | Syracusefan.com

If you like it, then you shoulda put a ring on it

Do not look directly at it...it's too powerful.
Image result for look away indiana jones

That seems a lot of ridiculous. I’m glad we won the game, but it’s a 2nd-3rd tier bowl game. We didn’t make a conference championship or a playoff. Let’s not go too crazy before we truly accomplish something special

And it harms you, how?

Why not let these young men enjoy it?

That seems a lot of ridiculous. I’m glad we won the game, but it’s a 2nd-3rd tier bowl game. We didn’t make a conference championship or a playoff. Let’s not go too crazy before we truly accomplish something special
Eh, it’s one of the best non-NY6 games and we finished #2 in the ACC. They know they didn’t win the national championship, let the team get excited about something.

It's not uncommon as you can see rings from the Alamo Bowl and Insight Bowl on this link - and apparently it's not uncommon for these rings to end up on eBay :) If they want to give the guys something for one of the best seasons in quite some time, I'm perfectly fine with it and I'm quite certain Dino has communicated that there is more work to do.

Maybe it will help w/ recruiting. Turning the right kid from a “maybe” to a “yes” would pay for this expense many times over.

Tell that to those kids who won 10 games for the first time in 18 years. They can get all excited as far as I’m concerned.

And it harms you, how?

Why not let these young men enjoy it?

It doesn’t harm me in any way. But as a former collegiate athlete (not football) who was really good at what he did, you save over the top rewards for exceptional victories.

I won 3 straight NYS titles in college. We have small rewards for that, but no rings.

My point is this. What do we do if we win something far more important in the next 3-4 years? Say we shock the world and win the ACC next year, what are we going to do buy them another ring for an accomplishment everyone should be far more proud of?

Save the rings for historic accomplishments and for everything else give them smaller rewards that still serve the purpose.

Maybe it will help w/ recruiting. Turning the right kid from a “maybe” to a “yes” would pay for this expense many times over.

That's not happening.

It doesn’t harm me in any way. But as a former collegiate athlete (not football) who was really good at what he did, you save over the top rewards for exceptional victories.

I won 3 straight NYS titles in college. We have small rewards for that, but no rings.

My point is this. What do we do if we win something far more important in the next 3-4 years? Say we shock the world and win the ACC next year, what are we going to do buy them another ring for an accomplishment everyone should be far more proud of?

Save the rings for historic accomplishments and for everything else give them smaller rewards that still serve the purpose.
I wish a "dislike button" was added to the site during it's upgrade.
These kids play major division 1 college football. They bring in millions of dollars to their university. They were ranked for the first time in 17 years. Won 10 games for the first time in 17 years, and won what is considered a pretty good bowl game.
Do they deserve a ring for an orange bowl win? Because don't forget that the only reason they were not in the orange bowl last year, is because it was one of the playoff games. So in essence, this team had an Orange Bowl caliber year. Think about that...Syracuse was an Orange bowl team if it was any year other than 2019.
Everyone doubted them. They accomplished something great. Let them be rewarded.
On top of that, I've been faithfully watching this team since 1987. Haven't missed a game since 1990. I've been with them through thick and thin. I waited patiently throughout the 17 years of futility, hoping to see them back where they were. Guess what, that goal was accomplished. They are back where they were. They were never a real national title contender. A good year was 8-10 wins a good bowl game. They did that. I've waited 17 years to see them celebrate a good season.

Last edited:

Winning a 10 games for the first time in 17 years was an historical accomplishment. And many of the players on that team won't be here for the next historic accomplishment. When that happens, there will be another ring. If you wind up with more than one, good for you.

Last edited: