If you think UConn football was bad last season... | Syracusefan.com

If you think UConn football was bad last season...

Were we ever THAT bad? I feel like at least our schedule was tougher in 2005.

I wish we had more home and homes with them. Can't get enough of blowing them out. I can't decide who I dislike more, their fans or their coach

Were we ever THAT bad? I feel like at least our schedule was tougher in 2005.

Our 2005 schedule was pretty tough. FSU and ND as non conference opponents and then WVU and Louisville had good seasons.

Reminds me of coming into some of our bad seasons.

It would please me to see them garner another one or two win season. Their fans are insufferable.

In my opinion, it's worse than anything we experienced.

As Syracuse fans all know, it is really hard to turn around a program that has hit rock bottom. The new transfer rules make a bad situation even worse.

Ugly.
OC Frank Giufre is former Orange OL if I recall correctly

As Syracuse fans all know, it is really hard to turn around a program that has hit rock bottom. The new transfer rules make a bad situation even worse.

Ugly.

What’s worse is having multiple coaches even ‘transferring’ out. Yikes.

In my opinion, it's worse than anything we experienced.
We had a name/history, and we had a conference.

UConn doesn’t have anything. Their *best* season was an unranked 8-4 campaign, where they backed into a Fiesta Bowl invite via a 3-way tie for BIG EAST champ (out of 8 schools), only to get annihilated by OU.
Their stadium is also 20 years old, making it way too new to replace (esp. w/ their/CT’s finances), and it’s way too old to impress anyone. They’re toast.

They should do the right thing and just drop back down to 1AA. Chalk it up to a failed experiment.
Truly. It's the right thing to do. Traveling to OK to play Tulsa and TX for Houston and SMU. Blah. A farrago of unconnected teams looking for a little TV money. Athletic hubris and excess at its inconsequential worst. Let it go. Downgrade to a good fit or continue to hemorrhage $$.

Truly. It's the right thing to do. Traveling to OK to play Tulsa and TX for Houston and SMU. Blah. A farrago of unconnected teams looking for a little TV money. Athletic hubris and excess at its inconsequential worst. Let it go. Downgrade to a good fit or continue to hemorrhage $$.
Bonus points for using the word "farrago". :p

We had a name/history, and we had a conference.

UConn doesn’t have anything. Their *best* season was an unranked 8-4 campaign, where they backed into a Fiesta Bowl invite via a 3-way tie for BIG EAST champ (out of 8 schools), only to get annihilated by OU.
Their stadium is also 20 years old, making it way too new to replace (esp. w/ their/CT’s finances), and it’s way too old to impress anyone. They’re toast.

Yes.