If you were a D 1 recruit what would you do? | Syracusefan.com

If you were a D 1 recruit what would you do?

If you were a D1 bball recruit, what would be the most important thing about the school you choose?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shermthegeneral

Starter
So, it seems like everyone has an opinion on where Noel should go to school and some people are critical of his mother being an influence in where he goes. Putting any Syracuse bias aside, what is most important to you if you were a D1 basketball player choosing a school? Choose your 3 most important reasons for choosing a school.

So, it seems like everyone has an opinion on where Noel should go to school and some people are critical of his mother being an influence in where he goes. Putting any Syracuse bias aside, what is most important to you if you were a D1 basketball player choosing a school? Choose your 3 most important reasons for choosing a school.

Gotta be easy- who pays, who''s got the hot girls, how fast can I get
To the NBA- not sure of the order

G

I've been a part of a few basketball teams in my day and I have to tell you, it's brutal being on a team where people don't get along. Every away trip sucked and the team chemistry caused us to lose games we shouldn't have. People who haven't played a sport sometimes don't understand that part and is one of the most important factors in choosing the right school in my opinion. If I was the number one recruit in the country and had my pick of any school to attend, I would choose the school that I had the best relationship with the coaches and team 1st and everything else will take care of itself.

depends on what kind of recruit you are, doesn't it? if you are a can't miss, one-and-done talent, you have one set of considerations

if you are a very good talent who needs a year or two to cook, that's another set

if you are a solid D1 player who is almost certainly going to be in school for 4 years, that is yet another.

I would go to a Mid-Major and give them a tourney run just to be forever worshiped by their fans. I'd go to Holy Cross, win the Patriot League, make a little run in the NCAA's, and then go pro because I'd average 30 points, 20 rebounds, and 10 blocks (if i had Nerlens' skill set).

I answered school as a 18 year old I don't think I would view it that way but now that I am up there age wise and with college coaches jumping ship you better make that your number one thing when making one of your biggest decision in life or else you could be miserable like so many other athletes

I would go to a Mid-Major and give them a tourney run just to be forever worshiped by their fans. I'd go to Holy Cross, win the Patriot League, make a little run in the NCAA's, and then go pro because I'd average 30 points, 20 rebounds, and 10 blocks (if i had Nerlens' skill set).
Have you ever seen the Adonal Foyle movie?