If you're UNC, why not go for the win? | Syracusefan.com

If you're UNC, why not go for the win?

Eric15

Living Legend
At the end of the first OT after UNC scored their TD to make it 34-33, why not go for two and go for the win? You're on the road, you're 1-4, what do you have to lose? Put the ball in the hands of that Dazz Newsome and let him make a play. I felt like it was a huge favor to us for them to extend the game.

Also, unrelated thought, how was this not a blatant block in the back while the punt was in the air on that punt return TD? (2:30 mark of this clip)

I can’t believe they didn’t kick a 57/58 yard desperation FG with time expiring.

I feel like the chances of making that kick in a Dome is what, maybe 1 in 4? That's way higher than completing a quasi-Hail Mary against a prevent defense.

Then there was that bizarre gadget play they ran that resulted in a pick when they were effortlessly moving the ball on us.

neither team had a TO. if they throw from the 40 and fail their was under 35 left we need to go 30-35 yds just to kick.. stupid to not just run your offense and see what happens. they have no season to really shoot for as they were not going to run the table.

Not sure why Fedora called the game he did. They took a lead and refused to bleed the clock and just run it .

Exactly, after going on 4th down early i expected aggression all day as many think he is a dead man walking. He didnt know how tp get his team home with that 7 point lead. Either go for the throat or burn clock and he was lost somewhere in the middle. It was there and we went and grabbed it.

Exactly, after going on 4th down early i expected aggression all day as many think he is a dead man walking. He didnt know how tp get his team home with that 7 point lead. Either go for the throat or burn clock and he was lost somewhere in the middle. It was there and we went and grabbed it.

No doubt -- when you think about all of the circumstances from when TD came in that allowed us to stay in the game / win it in OT, it is pretty remarkable.

They gift wrapped us the opportunity. We still needed to WIN, but they did us a ton of favors.

No doubt -- when you think about all of the circumstances from when TD came in that allowed us to stay in the game / win it in OT, it is pretty remarkable.

They gift wrapped us the opportunity. We still needed to WIN, but they did us a ton of favors.
In fairness to our shenanigans, we did allow a punt return TD and fumbled at the goal line.

We tried to lose this game just as hard.

In fairness to our shenanigans, we did allow a punt return TD and fumble at the goal line.

No doubt. I'm just saying, against Pitt [the way that game went], we probably lose after failing to convert that 4th and goal.

Instead, we force them 3 and out [including an incomplete pass that stopped the clock for us], got the ball back. Then after tying it up, we toss an INT at our own 40, but hold them to a missed field goal.

Lots went our way, that's all I'm saying. Not taking anything away from the players who made plays.

At the end of the first OT after UNC scored their TD to make it 34-33, why not go for two and go for the win? You're on the road, you're 1-4, what do you have to lose? Put the ball in the hands of that Dazz Newsome and let him make a play. I felt like it was a huge favor to us for them to extend the game.

Also, unrelated thought, how was this not a blatant block in the back while the punt was in the air on that punt return TD? (2:30 mark of this clip)

I still have flashbacks of NC State in 1997 when we just didn't seem prepared for it. I personally think its a great strategy, especially the way UNC was moving the ball. Thank God they didn't.

You mean like this game?
North Carolina State Shocks No. 13 Syracuse

I still have flashbacks of NC State in 1997 when we just didn't seem prepared for it. I personally think its a great strategy, especially the way UNC was moving the ball. Thank God they didn't.

Every time I see a player try to reach out and stick the ball over the goal line...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom