Ifeatu Melifonwu: Lions | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ifeatu Melifonwu: Lions

Compensatory picks:
After looking this up, apparently this has been going on since 1993. I need a time machine.

After a brief reading, I don't know if I entirely understand it, but oh well. I guess he's a "third rounder"

Time to become mini CBU.

Bama and FSU will be hard to compete with there lol

The important thing is the checks they cash are NFL checks.
I think the point is that notoriously bad franchises have reputations of ruining careers and reducing the numbers and size of checks that get cashed. Here's hoping they are part of turning their franchises around or do well enough to cut and run when they get the chance.

I think the point is that notoriously bad franchises have reputations of ruining careers and reducing the numbers and size of checks that get cashed. Here's hoping they are part of turning their franchises around or do well enough to cut and run when they get the chance.
I get that, but I think that's more true in the NBA than the NFL.

Bad teams in the NFL can provide opportunities because they need help all over. Bad teams in the NBA just fail to develop.

I get that, but I think that's more true in the NBA than the NFL.

Bad teams in the NFL can provide opportunities because they need help all over. Bad teams in the NBA just fail to develop.
You're probably right about the NBA vs NFL comparison, but I think players that are stuck on annually bad teams sometimes get overlooked unless they're transcendent. I like that they were both drafted high enough that teams have a reason to invest in them. Hopefully, the recent changes for both franchises will lead to better things for our guys.

There were a lot of corners picked ahead of Iffy who will be out of the league, long before Iffy retires.
As long as he can stay healthy. Injuries really limited his brother’s career.

You're probably right about the NBA vs NFL comparison, but I think players that are stuck on annually bad teams sometimes get overlooked unless they're transcendent. I like that they were both drafted high enough that teams have a reason to invest in them. Hopefully, the recent changes for both franchises will lead to better things for our guys.
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't thrilled to see Iffy on the Lions.

Jacksonville will probably not be very good for a year or two, but franchises that just got their QB should be considered on the upswing, so I think Cisco will be in a good spot.

Happy for him. Happy for Cuse. They finally broke the drought. Last CB drafted was !st rounder Will Allen. 20 years ago.
Tanard Jackson played CB at Cuse, but Safety in the NFL. Kinda counts?

The Lions biggest issue in the past was ownership. Mr William Clay Ford Sr was older than dirt and was loyal to a fault and held onto bad coaches for too long allowing issues to compound. When Queen Firestone took over it got better to a point, Reality is that Schwartz got to the playoffs and Caldwell went to the playoffs 2 out of his 3 years as HC. That wasn't good enough and we got pencil-beard who was also kept a year too long and has now crawled back to big daddy Bill. The Queen is also now gone and they've handed the reins to a much younger Sheila Ford Hamp. From what I can tell she is dong this the right way, asking the right people, etc. Idk if 'bite their kneecaps' will find us a way to win our first playoff game or not but I actually feel decent about things going on in Detroit. I did not feel that way with Pencil-beard who tuned a playoff team into a 3 year basement dwellar. Thrilled to have him in Honolulu Blue!

Is the guy in the blue sports coat on the couch an agent or Mafia wiseguy?
1620002197990.png

I wonder Iffy will help us beat the Packers.
I wonder Iffy will help us win the division!
I wonder Iffy will help us win a freaking playoff game!
I sure hope so. Iffy does that it would be awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom