I'll get brutalized for this... but so be it... | Syracusefan.com

I'll get brutalized for this... but so be it...

cto

Administrator
SDHusky, ZLS and AlexD (UConn fans) have been good posters here. Informative, friendly, and able to take multiple shots. I hope we don't drive them away. They are good people (I admit they're my friends), and I give them credit for coming here... even when they know they will not get a good reception. AlexD and ZLS have (sadly) practically disappeared from here. I think they added a lot to our discussions here... even though they were saying things that were not popular. They add to the flavor of the board. I hope they stick around.

I do (sincerely) appreciate that when they come here there's very little low blows. I for the most part enjoy all 3. Having UConn fans here is unavoidable, so if we have to have them, I'm glad it's people like that instead of some of the guys you read over at the boneyard.

They come here expecting to get needled just like some of us do when we visit other boards. The fact they participate and take the good with the bad shows great character.

SDHusky, ZLS and AlexD (UConn fans) have been good posters here. Informative, friendly, and able to take multiple shots. I hope we don't drive them away. They are good people (I admit they're my friends), and I give them credit for coming here... even when they know they will not get a good reception. AlexD and ZLS have (sadly) practically disappeared from here. I think they added a lot to our discussions here... even though they were saying things that were not popular. They add to the flavor of the board. I hope they stick around.
Just like Fishy is a swell guy, right?

I just always wondered why the direct link to the Boneyard was deleted. Granted it is easy enough to get there...but they still have a direct link to here. Does that mean we were bigger jerks? I've never had a log in over there! Wasn't me!! ;)

Their posters here have been fine. They generally know when they post controversial material and typically take the expectant return fire without incident.

As time passes one would expect there to be less and less cross-interest.

The only time that they'll come up in conversation is if there is conference realignment talk, some misfortune on their part, or if SU is due to play them (hoops post seasons (M&W) would be the most likely occasion).

Because its fun, sometimes going on another teams message board and having discussions with other fan bases is fun.
Yup, it was a hoot when all of Minnesota showed up in December.

I have two tix for sale if any of these Yukon fans are coming upstate.

I would have assumed they disappeared because just as they (UConn) are no longer particularly relevant to us, we are no longer particularly relevant to them with the change in conference. Much more interesting talking with an opposing fan base when they are actually an opponent.

UConn? I just watched a 30 for 30 special on the Big East and don't remember that name really coming up. Are they still playing men's basketball?

Ever since SU left the Big East I have looked at the Boneyard almost daily as its such an entertaining read. Their realignment board is comic genius, just not intentionally so. If you haven't clicked on that one, it's a must read. Their football board is comical as well, especially for those that were not aware that big time college football started sometime around 2001.

So serious question, as I have never been to the boneyard. I just don't find a reason to go over there. Are there posters there that are reasonable and understand the realities of SU sports and the merits of our programs or are they all like the few yahoos that come over here and make the board hard to read?

I wonder if anyone still pines for me to post on the Hoya Talk proboard...

Getting into it was fun with them. Have had my life threatened and of course they had many witty comments about the great state of Vermont. The guy who runs their board, Dan, actually seems like a decent guy from his PMs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom