I'll get brutalized for this... but so be it... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I'll get brutalized for this... but so be it...

Just like Fishy is a swell guy, right?
CTO, he wasn't being being serious about Fishy being a great guy. . As for the rest, read the boneyard and read what they say about us over there. These guys aren't our friends. That's not a knock. They can write what they want and think what they want. But to write some of the crap they write over there and then come here and pretend to be friendly is disingenuous. Sdhusky came over here after we lost to N.C.State and they won. Typical. If they don't post here again, that is just fine with me.

Ever since SU left the Big East I have looked at the Boneyard almost daily as its such an entertaining read. Their realignment board is comic genius, just not intentionally so. If you haven't clicked on that one, it's a must read. Their football board is comical as well, especially for those that were not aware that big time college football started sometime around 2001.
I have told fans from other boards that if you need a laugh, go to the UConn realignment board. On any day, it never fails to give a good laugh. It's like a Seinfeld episode.

SDHusky, ZLS and AlexD (UConn fans) have been good posters here. Informative, friendly, and able to take multiple shots. I hope we don't drive them away. They are good people (I admit they're my friends), and I give them credit for coming here... even when they know they will not get a good reception. AlexD and ZLS have (sadly) practically disappeared from here. I think they added a lot to our discussions here... even though they were saying things that were not popular. They add to the flavor of the board. I hope they stick around.
No problem here. Im one of the few here that feels bad for Uconn and their predicament. There but for the grace of God.....though I think they will land on their feet before this thing runs down.

So serious question, as I have never been to the boneyard. I just don't find a reason to go over there. Are there posters there that are reasonable and understand the realities of SU sports and the merits of our programs ?

Short answer NO. It is a pit of jealousy and blind anger.

This is entertainment .. nothing else. If
SDHusky, ZLS and AlexD (UConn fans) have been good posters here. Informative, friendly, and able to take multiple shots. I hope we don't drive them away. They are good people (I admit they're my friends), and I give them credit for coming here... even when they know they will not get a good reception. AlexD and ZLS have (sadly) practically disappeared from here. I think they added a lot to our discussions here... even though they were saying things that were not popular. They add to the flavor of the board. I hope they stick around.
Sorry for the loss of ZLS and AlexD as I too enjoyed their banter with us. I'm not in the "" camp or wish them ill will. My money is on them eventually joining a P5 conference and it might as well be the ACC.

This is entertainment .. nothing else. If

Sorry for the loss of ZLS and AlexD as I too enjoyed their banter with us. I'm not in the "" camp or wish them ill will. My money is on them eventually joining a P5 conference and it might as well be the ACC.
Not likely. People tend to not want to do business with people that sue them.

I just wonder if anything would ever be remotely said similarly on the Boneyard about SU fans. No one over there is trying to dissuade them from spouting their vitriol. We don't have to sink to their level, but we certainly don't need to pretend to be friendly toward them.

I say we just treat them like the mid major they are and ignore them. We don't talk about Dayton, either, so let's not talk about UConn.

CTO, he wasn't being being serious about Fishy being a great guy.
Yeah, I thought that was pretty evident in my post. Guess not. So, here is what I meant:
Fishy is as big a doosh as there is over there

nice to see your role as the storz den mother extends to their fans as well. I remember the days where you'd chide us for giving silly nicknames to storz players like powder, laptop, and juwanna man.

Those 3 aren't as bad as others, but Fishy is a dork and Mauconn might make the stupidest posts in the history of the internet.

Others know better than me; but I'm pretty sure Fishy is a major reason that our board even exists...

I don't read the bball board much. ZLS and AlexD don't really stand out as UCONN posters that ever caused much trouble.

But Sdhusky has been in the 'F Cuse' crowd for years. Granted, he's normally civil on our board, but he's a major a-hole towards all things Syracuse when he's talking amongst friends at the boneyard. It gets old.

cto said:

I just wonder if anything would ever be remotely said similarly on the Boneyard about SU fans. No one over there is trying to dissuade them from spouting their vitriol. We don't have to sink to their level, but we certainly don't need to pretend to be friendly toward them.

I say we just treat them like the mid major they are and ignore them. We don't talk about Dayton, either, so let's not talk about UConn.

Agree with this. There is little conversation over there regarding toning down the hatred and having an ounce of respect. So while I understand sticking up for your buddies if indeed they are that in person( although not sure id admit the names of my budz who are Pitt, Uconn fans etc :) ) I don't think any respect is deserved given the nasty atomic crap they spew on their board about us. Let alone the behavior of their fans towards us at games there and at the dome. Aside from NC State and few nutty dukies the ACC brethren fans have been a step up in class vs old Big East. The Ville fans fit into that as well as a pretty good bunch. Pitt fans aren't too bad either. Actually met a pitt fan taking my car to the shop last weekend who posts on their board and is a really good dude who had mad props to say about JB and our program. Uconn fans in general can go pound salt.

I remain convinced that Fishy = Tristan in all his many guises.

The truth is out there.

Tristan wishes he was Fishy.

I don't know Fishy at all, but he has some of classic posts, imho. And he skewers both Huskies and SU fans.

Cheers,
Neil

I don't read the bball board much. ZLS and AlexD don't really stand out as UCONN posters that ever caused much trouble.

But Sdhusky has been in the 'F Cuse' crowd for years. Granted, he's normally civil on our board, but he's a major a-hole towards all things Syracuse when he's talking amongst friends at the boneyard. It gets old.

That's true--it does get old...but that's one of the many reasons why I look at that board maybe once or twice a season. And Fishy, whom I've always gotten along with, will play to the crowd over there and say nasty things about JB, the program, etc. But he (and Tom Emery) have logged many hours (indeed, years) as moderators and (I think) funding sources for prior iterations of this board. I can't get too worked up about any of it--not least because the UConn fans' opinions about our program generally don't matter to me. Leave that crowd and their plucky, gritty squad to their campaign for greatness in the AAC[K].

And imagine how it appears to them when the mantra appears all the time around here, including in some signature blocks. As others have already noted, I think we're no longer relevant to one another, so it's probably just time to let go. Conference realignment has screwed up most of my fondest ancient hatreds. You know it's bad when I can't even get wound up as much over the hated Hoyas anymore (though I sure as hell wish they'd lost last night).

That's true--it does get old...but that's one of the many reasons why I look at that board maybe once or twice a season. And Fishy, whom I've always gotten along with, will play to the crowd over there and say nasty things about JB, the program, etc. But he (and Tom Emery) have logged many hours (indeed, years) as moderators and (I think) funding sources for prior iterations of this board. I can't get too worked up about any of it--not least because the UConn fans' opinions about our program generally don't matter to me. Leave that crowd and their plucky, gritty squad to their campaign for greatness in the AAC[K].

I imagine that some of the UConn fans used to be decent human beings - the problem is guys like Fishy have spent way too much time with the sub-humans that make up a large percentage of the Huskie fanbase. (I say this as someone who has travelled as a visiting fan to over two dozen schools - to call UConn fans barbarians is an insult to barbarians). If you spend that much time rolling around in the mud with the pigs, you're going to get dirty.

Fishy can be annoying, but most of them are tolerable. It is the clowns over on the rutgers rivals boards who are unbearable. They make the boneyard look like a mensa meeting.

Fishy can be annoying, but most of them are tolerable. It is the clowns over on the rutgers rivals boards who are unbearable. They make the boneyard look like a mensa meeting.
who cares about Rutgers? No one.

if i ever start my own board, one of the 1st posters to get the invite is fishy.

the fact that so many here dont like him (or more precisely...dont get it), confirms his nomination.

as for the rest of you, the new SI swimsuit is out, now go copy and paste pictures while trolling for likes :crazy:......

Reactions: CIL
if i ever start my own board, one of the 1st posters to get the invite is fishy.

the fact that so many here dont like him (or more precisely...dont get it), confirms his nomination.

as for the rest of you, the new SI swimsuit is out, now go copy and paste pictures while trolling for likes :crazy:...
Don't worry, champ. I get it. Fishy is a dooshbag.

Why are all of you wasting time and precious pixels on these schlubs?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom