I'm enjoying this Providence game. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I'm enjoying this Providence game.

Good for Ed Cooley... Sincerely passionate about that program and good to see him turn it around... Creighton not nearly as scary as I thought

That was painful to watch - in so many ways.
I know your position well, for me, I put it on out of curiosity all week.

Couldn't turn it off.

Granted,I was rooting for our old friends who did well, and maybe I still felt as if I was going the next session or night or whatever, but you could feel NYC inthe speed and urgency.

I won't hate on the ACC T, but a country club atmosphere will never fly for me when it comes to these things, give me a frat party with a choice of 100 Irish pubs, diamond club restaurants or strip joints anytime.

Definitely has slimmed down. First thing I noticed tonight
I believe I read earlier in the year that he had gastric bypass surgery during the off season. He is a great coach and I've been rooting for Providence the entire season. Bryce Cotten is also an interesting story in that he was not recruited by many division 1 schools. Hard not to like Bryce and coach Cooley.

I know your position well, for me, I put it on out of curiosity all week.

Couldn't turn it off.

Granted,I was rooting for our old friends who did well, and maybe I still felt as if I was going the next session or night or whatever, but you could feel NYC inthe speed and urgency.

I won't hate on the ACC T, but a country club atmosphere will never fly for me when it comes to these things, give me a frat party with a choice of 100 Irish pubs, diamond club restaurants or strip joints anytime.
UEO... There are strip clubs and low-end bars and something called "Tits Pizza" in Greensboro... on the road right outside the Coliseum. One of the ugliest stretches of highway you will ever see. Of course, you will need a car to get from one to another and to and from the Coliseum.

UEO... There are strip clubs and low-end bars and something called "Tits Pizza" in Greensboro... on the road right outside the Coliseum. One of the ugliest stretches of highway you will ever see.

That sounds incredibly disturbing and would find it hard to believe anyone with an ounce of integrity would step foot in that place.

Of course you realize we wouldn't have been playing in MSG tonight, because we wouldn't have been in the Big East anymore. Our best case would have been playing Louisville in the AAC tourney championship. And I'm guessing the atmosphere in Greensboro will be plenty pumped tomorrow for the ACC Championship game.

Noexcuse said:
Of course you realize we wouldn't have been playing in MSG tonight, because we wouldn't have been in the Big East anymore. Our best case would have been playing Louisville in the AAC tourney championship. And I'm guessing the atmosphere in Greensboro will be plenty pumped tomorrow for the ACC Championship game.

No, you're wrong. If we held the BE together, we'd still be in the BE.

Not sure we could have held it together. Change was in the wind and we were either going to go along or be UConn, who btw is now in the AAC playing the likes of SMU, Houston, and a bunch of other ???

Happy for Providence.

Finally got a chance to sit down and watch basketball although I followed all the games today on radio and on my phone. I'm a big Ed Cooley fan from his MAAC days so hope they hold on in the second half.

Exactly, no one ever mentions option 3 except me and you and a dog named Boo. Everybody stick together and don't quit, compete like coaches and players do.

Noexcuse said:
Not sure we could have held it together. Change was in the wind and we were either going to go along or be UConn, who btw is now in the AAC playing the likes of SMU, Houston, and a bunch of other ???

We'll see how it shakes out.

We gave this up for what?

...So we wouldn't be drifting in athletic oblivion like UConn is. Which we've discussed a billion times, but for some reason you still seem to believe it would have been possible to freeze the clock at 1985 and never have to accept change.

I'll miss MSG a lot...but am thrilled to death we landed in a conference that's relevant in football and basketball. The trade is more than worth it

UEO... There are strip clubs and low-end bars and something called "Tits Pizza" in Greensboro... on the road right outside the Coliseum. One of the ugliest stretches of highway you will ever see. Of course, you will need a car to get from one to another and to and from the Coliseum.
Ha! Wow.

Shouldn't have to drive to have fun at these things.

They don't put bowl games in lousy destinations with nothing else to do for a reason.

Ha! Wow.

Shouldn't have to drive to have fun at these things.

They don't put bowl games in lousy destinations with nothing else to do for a reason.

How do you explain the Blue Turf Bowl in Boise, ID? :cool:

How do you explain the Blue Turf Bowl in Boise, ID? :cool:
Pure genius.

Boise schedules themselves 13 games every year...and if they're too good to play in it...the town still makes swag off the 2 other schools.

I'm not sure who the New Yorker was that moved to Idaho, but god bless him.

Nothing against the coach who seems to be a nice guy and a very good coach. But I just couldn't root for Providence. That was the home of the evil empire...the BE conference offices and their clown commissioners.

..And you can get boiled peanuts at almost every gas station plus fine dining at Bojangles! :rolleyes:

Finally got a chance to sit down and watch basketball although I followed all the games today on radio and on my phone. I'm a big Ed Cooley fan from his MAAC days so hope they hold on in the second half.

Agree--that game was so enjoyable to watch--most fun game I watched all weekend. Just a plethora of reasons to root for Providence last night--underdog, original Big East team, a Creighton loss helping SU, Cooley being a great guy, and the coaching job in general that Cooley has done with this team after losing a couple of key guys. And no one even mentioned Gus and Raf doing the game---how great were they?! Classic Gus when McDermott hit those 2 threes during the late comeback, and he might have lost it had he hit that 3rd one "from Omaha". And a couple people mentioned the electricity at MSG---totally agree---you really could feel it through the TV. And have to admit, was a bit surprised after reading all negative posts about the new BET and the attendance. But it was quite obvious the Garden was rockin'! The Mecca is still the Mecca, with or without the Orange!

That should be a deal-breaker.

Need a car?

Not a candidate to host a major conference tournament.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom