I'm enjoying this Providence game. | Syracusefan.com

I'm enjoying this Providence game.

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Finally got a chance to sit down and watch basketball although I followed all the games today on radio and on my phone. I'm a big Ed Cooley fan from his MAAC days so hope they hold on in the second half.

Last edited:
Ed Cooley is a seriously nice guy. I knew him and his wife when they lived in Fairfield, and we shared a few rides home from NYC. He's one of the coaches I root for, along with all the former SU guys, Chris Collins and Johnny Dawkins.

For what its worth, the attendance looks pretty good for this game.

Ed Cooley is a seriously nice guy. I knew him and his wife when they lived in Fairfield, and we shared a few rides home from NYC. He's one of the coaches I root for, along with all the former SU guys, Chris Collins and Johnny Dawkins.
Is it me or does it look like he has slimmed down quite a bit?

Is it me or does it look like he has slimmed down quite a bit?
Definitely has slimmed down. First thing I noticed tonight

Amazing what he's done, they're minus 3 players from what they thought they'd have at the start of the season, one of which definitely would've started with the possibility of another.

Providence is showing how to defend in a zone against a big time scorer. Something we didnt do last night.

Marsh01 said:
Providence is showing how to defend in a zone against a big time scorer. Something we didnt do last night.

I'm not touching this.

McDermott misses, for stretches I forget the kid is human. Unreal.

Warren is better than Doug off the dribble something we couldn't contain again.

Jasoncuse said:
Also, even with providence vs creighton, the Garden blows Greensboro out of the water in terms of atmosphere.

We gave this up for what?

Pete Thamel ‏@SIPeteThamel 1m
First NCAA Tournament for PC since Ryan Gomes-led team in 2004. First Big East title since 1994 with Rick Barnes.

creatorsgame said:
You know exactly what we gave thi$ up for. ;) (And, you know, to remain relevant during the following decades)

Yup, I get it. But it sucks.

Wow... a God Shamgod sighting. Didn't realize he was a Providence assistant. He cut down the last piece of the net before Cooley.

KaiserUEO said:
2014: Big East Tourny > ACC Tourny And not because the Orange lost. No juice in Greensboro, you can feel it through the TV.

That was painful to watch - in so many ways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom