I'm going to Defend JB | Syracusefan.com

I'm going to Defend JB

CuseRunner

All American
JB is a lifelong Central New Yorker he is one of us. He has been on the SU campus since 1962. Our Hall of Fame, National Championship, 1000 plus win HC and 3 time Gold Metal Winner. Let alone what he has done on the court he is the face of Syracuse University and the community and greater Central New York for all he has done off the court to his contributions to the community and society. Even more even at his age and tenure he has always had his finger on the pulse of his players and the base the community and fan base. Just like he knows what he has to tell his players privately and what he needs to let out public in the media. He also knows what us the fan base needs to hear at any given point. This fickle fan base which I'm a part of routinely wants to out him after any given loss then kneels at the alter when we beat VA Tech at home and win two in a row. Then after a road loss at top 10 UV wants him out again. Incredible. JB has forgotten more basketball then we will ever know even at his age. Leave him alone sit back watch the games and let him do his job.

Nobody has criticized his career at Syracuse. But that’s just the thing, his career doesn’t do anything for the here and now.
Recruiting has went way down with no signs of picking back up. He isn’t getting any younger. His assistants are all yes men former players. He doesn’t even play his bench that he recruited. Can’t recruit a quality big man anymore. The zone is getting ripped to shreds these days because everyone shoots 3’s now. He doesn’t adjust at all.
It’s time for him to step away before he keeps digging the program further down. Go be an assistant AD or something. He can still be a part of the school.
As for the future of our program we need to make some changes. Don’t wait until nobody wants to play here anymore and the fans all leave.

700FC862-96F3-4019-8D97-3285B8FE3243.png

Nobody has criticized his career at Syracuse. But that’s just the thing, his career doesn’t do anything for the here and now.
Recruiting has went way down with no signs of picking back up. He isn’t getting any younger. His assistants are all yes men former players. He doesn’t even play his bench that he recruited. Can’t recruit a quality big man anymore. The zone is getting ripped to shreds these days because everyone shoots 3’s now. He doesn’t adjust at all.
It’s time for him to step away before he keeps digging the program further down. Go be an assistant AD or something. He can still be a part of the school.
As for the future of our program we need to make some changes. Don’t wait until nobody wants to play here anymore and the fans all leave.

JB writes his own ending of his story.

JB is a lifelong Central New Yorker he is one of us. He has been on the SU campus since 1962. Our Hall of Fame, National Championship, 1000 plus win HC and 3 time Gold Metal Winner. Let alone what he has done on the court he is the face of Syracuse University and the community and greater Central New York for all he has done off the court to his contributions to the community and society. Even more even at his age and tenure he has always had his finger on the pulse of his players and the base the community and fan base. Just like he knows what he has to tell his players privately and what he needs to let out public in the media. He also knows what us the fan base needs to hear at any given point. This fickle fan base which I'm a part of routinely wants to out him after any given loss then kneels at the alter when we beat VA Tech at home and win two in a row. Then after a road loss at top 10 UV wants him out again. Incredible. JB has forgotten more basketball then we will ever know even at his age. Leave him alone sit back watch the games and let him do his job.
Well, as usual, you miss the point of , well, everything. No one is saying anything bad about JB's history here at Syracuse university. He built the program. Along with the Big East and the Carrier Dome. Two things he was against, by the way. He was against joining the Big East and he was against moving from Manley. The problem for jb is that even in the best of times, there was no discipline in the program. He let the kids do as they please. And don't forget, our school was not once, but twice placed on probation. But even with little discipline in the program, and the two probation's, we have stuck by JB. Even with his arrogant post game displays. If I paid 50k for my kid to go to newhouse, I would be non too happy with the coach acting like a jerk to my kid while he was working for the Daily Orange. Let me remind you of of an example. It was Axe, not a DO kid, that asked Jb the question on whether Battle could play pt guard. JB went off on Axe. It was a ridiculous question. Right up to the time Jb put battle at the pt position at times the following year.
The problem is now. And that problem is that there isn't a person alive, that has been at their job for more than 20 years, that is as enthusiastic about that job as they were when they first started. No one. Now, you are 76 and have been doing it for 44 years. The program is stale. The program isn't fun anymore. Now, I am a guy that likes Buddy as a player probably more than anyone on the board. But I don't think anyone can say that Buddy isn't being treated differently than any other Syracuse player ever, Every excuse is made for him. And to play him at the 3 in the Va Tech game you like to cite so much. 10 minutes to go in a one sided game and Braswell or Woody don't get some run so that Buddy can play the 3? Not acceptable. The A.D. should have said something. That is far from the coach deciding who plays.
The last I looked, we still consider ourselves Syracuse basketball. But we haven't played like it in years. And we haven't recruited like it in years. And we haven't been fun like that in years. It's past time for JB to retire. Will the next coach be a success? No idea. We might have to hire one after that. but we will have torn the band aid off and started down that road. It's time. And for the most part, everyone knows it. And not for nothing, in the old days, when JB was a punching bag, I defended him and knew he was a great coach. That was then. This is now.

Who wins in a fight between George Steinbrenner and Jim Boeheim?

Subtle gesture but we named the court after him too

Well, as usual, you miss the point of , well, everything. No one is saying anything bad about JB's history here at Syracuse university. He built the program. Along with the Big East and the Carrier Dome. Two things he was against, by the way. He was against joining the Big East and he was against moving from Manley. The problem for jb is that even in the best of times, there was no discipline in the program. He let the kids do as they please. And don't forget, our school was not once, but twice placed on probation. But even with little discipline in the program, and the two probation's, we have stuck by JB. Even with his arrogant post game displays. If I paid 50k for my kid to go to newhouse, I would be non too happy with the coach acting like a jerk to my kid while he was working for the Daily Orange. Let me remind you of of an example. It was Axe, not a DO kid, that asked Jb the question on whether Battle could play pt guard. JB went off on Axe. It was a ridiculous question. Right up to the time Jb put battle at the pt position at times the following year.
The problem is now. And that problem is that there isn't a person alive, that has been at their job for more than 20 years, that is as enthusiastic about that job as they were when they first started. No one. Now, you are 76 and have been doing it for 44 years. The program is stale. The program isn't fun anymore. Now, I am a guy that likes Buddy as a player probably more than anyone on the board. But I don't think anyone can say that Buddy isn't being treated differently than any other Syracuse player ever, Every excuse is made for him. And to play him at the 3 in the Va Tech game you like to cite so much. 10 minutes to go in a one sided game and Braswell or Woody don't get some run so that Buddy can play the 3? Not acceptable. The A.D. should have said something. That is far from the coach deciding who plays.
The last I looked, we still consider ourselves Syracuse basketball. But we haven't played like it in years. And we haven't recruited like it in years. And we haven't been fun like that in years. It's past time for JB to retire. Will the next coach be a success? No idea. We might have to hire one after that. but we will have torn the band aid off and started down that road. It's time. And for the most part, everyone knows it. And not for nothing, in the old days, when JB was a punching bag, I defended him and knew he was a great coach. That was then. This is now.
You ruin everything.

Absolutely great post Dasher! Very well thought out and honest!

Brutus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom