I'm going to Defend JB | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

I'm going to Defend JB

I’m curious how many college games you’ve seen of either player.

He mentioned he was early 30's in another thread. If he's 33, that would make him roughly 7 during Moten's senior year, and 6 during Marshall's. Unless he's watched a lot of their games on youtube (doubtful), I'd say very few.

Considering his H0T Takes and analysis at age ~33, one would reason at age 6 or 7 he had the basketball acumen of a negative 13 year old.

He mentioned he was early 30's in another thread. If he's 33, that would make him roughly 7 during Moten's senior year, and 6 during Marshall's. Unless he's watched a lot of their games on youtube (doubtful), I'd say very few.

Considering his H0T Takes and analysis at age ~33, one would reason at age 6 or 7 he had the basketball acumen of a negative 13 year old.
You know exactly where I was heading with that.

JB is a lifelong Central New Yorker he is one of us. He has been on the SU campus since 1962. Our Hall of Fame, National Championship, 1000 plus win HC and 3 time Gold Metal Winner. Let alone what he has done on the court he is the face of Syracuse University and the community and greater Central New York for all he has done off the court to his contributions to the community and society. Even more even at his age and tenure he has always had his finger on the pulse of his players and the base the community and fan base. Just like he knows what he has to tell his players privately and what he needs to let out public in the media. He also knows what us the fan base needs to hear at any given point. This fickle fan base which I'm a part of routinely wants to out him after any given loss then kneels at the alter when we beat VA Tech at home and win two in a row. Then after a road loss at top 10 UV wants him out again. Incredible. JB has forgotten more basketball then we will ever know even at his age. Leave him alone sit back watch the games and let him do his job.
Bravo. Well said.

Bigger than 6'4", 230? If so, do you have any eligibility left?
I’m bigger than that on both ends, no eligibility left though, think I’m over the age limit. lol

94FED19C-B2B6-4783-8E30-462DA0B37F05.jpeg

I still remember being at Alumni Hall st St. John's and Monroe hitting the game winner. On the way out some old timers ( probably the age I am now) commenting that that young Boeheim outcoached Louie again. We were all shocked that anyone would think that Jim could actually COACH. Fans are fickle and overreact - we love our team - but with all his warts - the man knows more than ANY of us will ever know. Is he perfect - far from. it - but much like the backup quarterback - his replacement might look WAY better on paper than on the field .

Looks like you have serious range and good elevation. Also, I have no idea why this thread got resurrected.
No idea either, but saw some height references and had to draw my line in the sand. Unfortunately at 42 I’ve lost my ability to dunk and am the definition of a lunchtime YMCA player.

I still remember being at Alumni Hall st St. John's and Monroe hitting the game winner. On the way out some old timers ( probably the age I am now) commenting that that young Boeheim outcoached Louie again. We were all shocked that anyone would think that Jim could actually COACH. Fans are fickle and overreact - we love our team - but with all his warts - the man knows more than ANY of us will ever know. Is he perfect - far from. it - but much like the backup quarterback - his replacement might look WAY better on paper than on the field .
I was at that game - 1983/84 season. That was a tough stretch for JB. Going from memory:

1982 NIT. I believe they blew an 8 point lead with < 1 minute to go against BC in the BET quarters.
1983 Lost to OSU at the Dome in the NCAAT.
1984 - Lost a heartbreaker to Gtown in the BET Final and got drilled by UVA in the NCAAT
1985- lost to GaTech handily in NCAAT.
1986 - blew a huge lead in BET Final to SJU and then got crushed by Navy at the Dome in the NCAAT.

By the time 1987 rolled around people were pretty much convinced JB would never win a big game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom