I'm starting to wonder if maybe the old man does know | Syracusefan.com

I'm starting to wonder if maybe the old man does know

Status
Not open for further replies.

dasher

Living Legend
something about hoop. Just first games but Newton, 10 minutes 3 pts and 2 rebounds
Kadary 15 minutes 4 pts. 2 turnovers and 1 ast. Just one game but not exactly earth shattering.
And I wish both players well. But Jb didn't win all of those games by being dumb. And I have to
think he cares about winning more than we do.

something about hoop. Just first games but Newton, 10 minutes 3 pts and 2 rebounds
Kadary 15 minutes 4 pts. 2 turnovers and 1 ast. Just one game but not exactly earth shattering.
And I wish both players well. But Jb didn't win all of those games by being dumb. And I have to
Willard said that Kadary didn't play well and fouled out because the zone isn't real defense and he has to teach him how to play man-to-man.

Certified clown.

I shudder to think of the things that would have been written here had Girard put up 4 and 1 and Richmond put up 20 and 7.

After watching a bit of the Seton Hall game and our first game, Kadary made a huge mistake transferring there. Playing 20-25 minutes a game with our current team would have made Kadary look like a superstar between his passing and driving ability surrounded by the shooters that we have.

I watched maybe 5-6 minutes. (It happens; we all look when we drive by and I was scrolling through the dial (but using a remote)). Kadary looked a little lost on D. He also looked to my eye to be heavier, and not necessarily in a good way.

He is gone. Wish him well and will not be stalking him on ESPN

And Bill Raftery, one of my all time favorites, made be turn it off when he suggested Kadary had to overcome having played zone D when my recollection is that his prep school also played zone

Agreed. And JB wanted Kadary to return. He wanted him on this team and thought he’d be a very good college player and a possible pro.

That said, JB is a better coach than Willard and would put KR in a better position to succeed at what he does best and make it to the NBA. Same with Newton. JB has put more marginal/lower ranked guys in the NBA than most coaches. Kadary made a mistake in leaving, but he’s talented so he might make it to the NBA despite dum dum Willard.

Last edited:
Yep, I think both players are good players and should end up fine if they work hard and be patient. However, I was always infuriated by the refrain that Jimmy was making decisions because he was excessively stubborn and needed to be right vs wanting to win. That was and will never be the case...he is as competitive as it gets.

Cuse!

I watched maybe 5-6 minutes. (It happens; we all look when we drive by and I was scrolling through the dial (but using a remote)). Kadary looked a little lost on D. He also looked to my eye to be heavier, and not necessarily in a good way.

I'd say. He apparently went from 180 last year to 200 this year.

He is gone. Wish him well and will not be stalking him on ESPN

And Bill Raftery, one of my all time favorites, made be turn it off when he suggested Kadary had to overcome having played zone D when my recollection is that his prep school also played zone

I watched the whole game (mostly because I love college hoops and partly to see Kadary). Agree with both comments on K. He got beat on a couple drives and bailed out by the SH big blocking shots. He shot 2-7 from the field and did seem a little heavier. The biggest concern for him is that SH's other guards looked better and as Jimmy said they have 5 of them.

Cuse!

Agreed. But JB wanted Kadary to return. He wanted him on this team and thought he’d be a very good college player and a possible pro.

That said, JB is a better coach than Willard and would put KR in a better position to succeed at what he does best and make it to the NBA. Same with Newton. JB has put more marginal/lower ranked guys in the NBA than most coaches. Kadary made a mistake in leaving, but he’s talented so he might make it to the NBA despite dum dum Willard.

Both Kadary and Woody seemed like they have the raw talent to succeed, especially Kadary.
But sometimes you need to put in the work and pay attention to good coaches when they are available.
Maybe the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Willard said that Kadary didn't play well and fouled out because the zone isn't real defense and he has to teach him how to play man-to-man.

Certified clown.
So he can’t coach M2M very well. Got it, thanks.

If you compare defensive efficiency stats over the past 10 years between SU and Seton Hall is laughably lopsided in JBs favor. Maybe it’s the coach and not the system.

It’s only one game, but my first impression from Kadary last night was that he certainly knows where the dining hall is.

I’m sorta shocked by what I saw last night.

Willard on the cusp of 0-2 tampering with our recruits.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors