Ima do this | Syracusefan.com

Ima do this

Still concerned with our OL. We’ll see what Cav’s worth.

The OL seemed to improve the last few games of 2019. If they pick up where they left off and grow from there I think it will make a huge difference for everyone.

My heart says yeah we should win 8+, but in reality I learned this past year to just go into the season with no firm high expectations. I think the first game will tell us a lot. We were super flat against liberty and we all chalked it up to be first game rustiness. It wasn’t - we just were not a good team. First game will tell me what we can accomplish this year. If we roll and score 40+ with an actual tempo offense that keeps Tommy upright I will feel really good.

Are there any teams this year we don’t have tape on?

First 2 games against teams with new coaching staffs once again. With the 2nd team, once again, being a Big 10 team that plays a cupcake Week 1 to allow them to hold back some things schematically.

at Boston College If the ND QB transfer is ineligible, we win. Otherwise going to be very close. TBD
at RutgersOur recent record against B1G schools is staggeringly bad. Then again, this is Rutgers. Win.
COLGATEWin.
at Western MichiganThey lose their QB but have some talent and a winning culture. This is not a gimme win and we will have to play well to beat them. TBD.
LOUISVILLEWe will not be favored here. UL has a lot more experience, a fine QB and some serious skilled athletes. Loss.
Bye
LIBERTYWin.
at ClemsonLoss.
GEORGIA TECHEven though they have been down, they are located in the middle of great HS talent and are getting better fast. TBD.
at Wake ForestHartman was impressive against us. Winning culture, hard to beat a team like this on the road. TBD.
NORTH CAROLINA STATE Another 50-50 type game that could go either way. TBD.
FLORIDA STATEIt would have been far better for us to play them early in the season, when the new staff hadn't had much impact. We can win but are going to need to have a healthy season to make it happen. TBD.
at PittsburghOur recent history there is not good. They have more experience and their defense should be very good. Loss.

Right now, I have us with 3 almost sure wins and 3 likely losses, with 6 games very hard to call.

I am hopeful we split the 6 toss up games and get to 6 wins.

I could see us going anywhere from 3-9 to 9-3. There are more of these toss up type games this season than I can remember in recent years.

That BC game is going to be really important to set the tone for the season. If the QB from ND is not immediately eligible, I like our chances. Hopefully the 3-3-5 hits the ground running.

We get past BC and WMU, get some momentum going, it could be a great season.

at Boston CollegeIf the ND QB transfer is ineligible, we win. Otherwise going to be very close. TBD
at RutgersOur recent record against B1G schools is staggeringly bad. Then again, this is Rutgers. Win.
COLGATEWin.
at Western MichiganThey lose their QB but have some talent and a winning culture. This is not a gimme win and we will have to play well to beat them. TBD.
LOUISVILLEWe will not be favored here. UL has a lot more experience, a fine QB and some serious skilled athletes. Loss.
Bye
LIBERTYWin.
at ClemsonLoss.
GEORGIA TECHEven though they have been down, they are located in the middle of great HS talent and are getting better fast. TBD.
at Wake ForestHartman was impressive against us. Winning culture, hard to beat a team like this on the road. TBD.
NORTH CAROLINA STATEAnother 50-50 type game that could go either way. TBD.
FLORIDA STATEIt would have been far better for us to play them early in the season, when the new staff hadn't had much impact. We can win but are going to need to have a healthy season to make it happen. TBD.
at PittsburghOur recent history there is not good. They have more experience and their defense should be very good. Loss.

Right now, I have us with 3 almost sure wins and 3 likely losses, with 6 games very hard to call.

I could see us going anywhere from 3-9 to 9-3. There are more of these toss up type games this season than I can remember in recent years.

That BC game is going to be really important to set the tone for the season. If the QB from ND is not immediately eligible, I like our chances. Hopefully the 3-3-5 hits the ground running.

NC State is the worst team in the ACC. No way we should lose at home to them. We shouldn’t lose at home to Louisville. Pitt is a toss up.

at Boston CollegeIf the ND QB transfer is ineligible, we win. Otherwise going to be very close. TBD
COLGATEWin.
Bye
LIBERTYWin.
at ClemsonLoss.

I think having toss up games on the schedule is actually a good thing, if you believe you're getting better, because the toss up means if you're prepared and play well that's the edge you need.

I expect we're getting better, that we'll be prepared, and play well often enough to be on the right side of the majority of the toss ups.

are we suggesting, we don't need 3 years to implement the new defensive system?

(that's sarcasm)

If we don't go 4-0 in the OOC portion of the schedule, we have a problem.

I think we will.

And I think we can go 4-4 in the ACC.

Last year was a wake up call for a lot of people. (myself included, but mostly for the team and coaches). Success is earned. Always.

I think having toss up games on the schedule is actually a good thing, if you believe you're getting better, because the toss up means if you're prepared and play well that's the edge you need.

I expect we're getting better, that we'll be prepared, and play well often enough to be on the right side of the majority of the toss ups.
At the very least, it should make for a lot of interesting games.

I appreciate your level-headed assessment of our schedule, sutomcat. I never like to prognosticate wins and losses. I am hoping for 7.

My #1 question for the program this season is:

If Tommy can't find an open receiver ...or continues to try and be too perfect ...will the staff be willing to sit him? If Tommy gets it done, then no question here.

My #2 question for the season is:

Who backs up Vettorolo at Center? Will it be Servais again? If so, has he put on weight? Will we even need to utilize a back up center? Hopefully the starting line remains largely intact

My #3 question for the season is:

What will the rotation look like at defensive tackle? Even though we only use one, who will back up Bear Williams? Harper? Rondi?
If Joe Rondi has stepped up and made a move into the rotation, that could be good news.

How these questions are answered will go a long ways toward addressing how many wins and losses this team has in 2020

COLGATEWin.
Bye
LIBERTYWin.
at ClemsonLoss.

First time I've realized that, barring natural disasters (Winston-Salem, hello!), we only have 1 cold weather game all year.

Does that help us? College Park was in the hot shining sun, a lot of good that did. Stupidest game ever.

I appreciate your level-headed assessment of our schedule, sutomcat. I never like to prognosticate wins and losses. I am hoping for 7.

My #1 question for the program this season is:

If Tommy can't find an open receiver ...or continues to try and be too perfect ...will the staff be willing to sit him? If Tommy gets it done, then no question here.
I'm not Tomcat, nor do I play him on the internet, but not sure who you can bench Devito for, unless the young guys develop a lot faster than expected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom