imagine if teams played man d | Syracusefan.com

imagine if teams played man d

then they wouldnt give up 17 3s and lose..

oh wait..
just be a man and come out with what you’re trying to say: you want 40 minutes of zone no matter the cost. No matter the circumstance.

What defenses did Gardner-Webb, Oklahoma and Oregon use against UVa in the tourney this year?

Cause Kyle Guy is 3-26 from 3-point range in the NCAAs so far this year. He was 8-10 against the 2-3.

And?

What defenses did Gardner-Webb, Oklahoma and Oregon use against UVa in the tourney this year?

Cause Kyle Guy is 3-26 from 3-point range in the NCAAs so far this year. He was 8-10 against the 2-3.

During last weekend's UK vs. Wofford game, UK's m2m D hounded Magee and didn't let him get off even one shot that was less difficult than the triple lindy. :)

And?
...and the posts which point to a subpar defensive performance by a team playing M2M, almost always in a passive aggressive fashion, are disingenuous, at best.

I don't see many of these same people posting about about a good-to-great defensive performance by a M2M team...

Of the two in the whole country? None.
guess that duo must be smarter than the rest of the country . amazed other coaches haven't caught on to the brilliant strategy and all the success and championships it's generated.
if imitation is the sincerest form of flattery we ain't being flattered much. just flattened.

...and the posts which point to a subpar defensive performance by a team playing M2M, almost always in a passive aggressive fashion, are disingenuous, at best.

I don't see many of these same people posting about about a good-to-great defensive performance by a M2M team...

Likewise, posts claiming you can't defend 3 point shooting teams with a zone are basketball illiterate.

So we're all on the same page. Good

guess that duo must be smarter than the rest of the country . amazed other coaches haven't caught on to the brilliant strategy and all the success and championships it's generated.
if imitation is the sincerest form of flattery we ain't being flattered much. just flattened.

Virginia's pack line defense is consistently one of the best in the country. Nobody copies it though. Weird. Must be cuz it sucks. Only logical conclusion.

I could find hundreds

Claiming that "you can't defend 3 point shooting teams with a zone"? Interesting.

IMO, most of the critiques of the 2-3 that I see relate to an unwillingness to mix in another defense

Claiming that "you can't defend 3 point shooting teams with a zone"? Interesting.

IMO, most of the critiques of the 2-3 that I see relate to an unwillingness to mix in another defense
... on the premise that m2m helps you defend beyond the arc

... on the premise that m2m helps you defend beyond the arc

Is that the premise? Or is it that a different defense will disrupt the rhythm and flow of the opponent's offense?

Is that the premise? Or is it that a different defense will disrupt the rhythm and flow of the opponent's offense?

So we're all arguing about trunk monkeying opponents into screwing up for a possession or two until they figure it out?

Imagine if they got rid of the 5 foul ejection rule and awarded 3 foul shots and the ball out for each foul after 5..

So we're all arguing about trunk monkeying opponents into screwing up for a possession or two until they figure it out?

No.

Box and 1, M2M, pressuring ball carrier up the court, doesn't matter. Since our offense has been inept for a number of years, we are forced to win on defense, so anything that slows down the opponent's offense is a plus in my book. That said, if the opponent is struggling against the 2-3, no need to come out of it.

I’m kinda seeing both sides here to an extent.

Big picture, I don’t think defense has been the problem other than the grad transfer year. Otherwise, we’ve overall been pretty good defensively. I think the zone is an overplayed whipping boy for some and I can see why it’s drawing the “hey, this all man to man team just got lit up!” posts.

On the other hand, I think the zone becoming our calling card is not necessarily a great thing. And going way back, I always thought the zone got way too much credit when we won it all. For the “mix it up” proponents, we went man to man in the second half of our two biggest home regular season wins against ND and Pitt, and it was a big reason we won those games.

The zone confused Oklahoma in the tourney. But in the final four we won because we scored 95 against Texas, and hit 10 3’s in the first half against Kansas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom