Impossible Era For Officials? | Syracusefan.com

Impossible Era For Officials?

As has been mentioned, the foul on Guy was quite obvious and a tiger had a hand on Ty when he double-dribble which should have been a foul.

To the bigger point, refs have decided many games in many sports for many years - replay has simply made this problem more obvious.

No it isn’t. All I ask is get the charge call right.

That's my pet peeve. If they start getting that one right, I'll understand on the rest that we're dealing with humans - just like the players - and it's not as easy having to make split second calls live as it might look sitting at home on my big butt after looking at replays from several angles.

As has been mentioned, the foul on Guy was quite obvious and a tiger had a hand on Ty when he double-dribble which should have been a foul.

To the bigger point, refs have decided many games in many sports for many years - replay has simply made this problem more obvious.
I wonder how many years it will be until we have another champion that gets so many plays/calls go exactly their way in the last seconds three games in a row. Talk about a horseshoe permanently planted where the moon don't shine.

NBA officiating is pretty decent - huge drop-off in consistency in the college game.

Replay sucks, because I have to wonder if that's not one of those calls where they were going to call it off of UVA just because it was close...and they weren't calling the 73 fouls that Guy, etc...committed prior to the ball going out of bounds.

The article says the call on Guy to end the game before was questionable...that makes me question the author!

That call was not questionable. I guess you could argue against it because of the moment, or because it's not always called, but that was a textbook foul - called correctly. You can't gripe about it.

Serious question, I was going to make fun of the author as he covers lumberjacks, in addition to college sports...but he also covers gay rugby? Who knew that existed?

The article says the call on Guy to end the game before was questionable...that makes me question the author!

That call was not questionable. I guess you could argue against it because of the moment, or because it's not always called, but that was a textbook foul - called correctly. You can't gripe about it.

Serious question, I was going to make fun of the author as he covers lumberjacks, in addition to college sports...but he also covers gay rugby? Who knew that existed?
Dude, you gotta keep up on college sports.
Collegiate Series | College Lumberjack Competition | STIHL USA Mobile

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom