Impressions of Wayne Williams from an opposing lineman | Syracusefan.com

Impressions of Wayne Williams from an opposing lineman

ImperialOrange

Living Legend
I posted this in the current WW thread but worth reading if you didn't scroll through that.​
So in the it's a small world catagory today:

One of my friends/co workers played against Wayne Williams when he was at ASA I just learned after sending him that article. My buddy is about 6'0 played gaurd @ 315lb and is/was a weight room junkie and here's his impressions of WW. Here's our inter office message convo, apologies for format.

Him:
well he is right.. 1v1 he will win it man
dude was a MASSIVE human
but had quick feet and fantastic balance..
Ate double teams all day
Me:
you able to stop him with double teams or still no?
Him:
no
not close
Me:
Wayne Williams though. Anymore info on him?
He:
nothing more then you can find on him
Me:
and what you said about eating double teams all day
He:
yeah I played guard.. Dude just ate up the point of attack
couldnt get movement on him
Me:
he fast enough to get after the QB?
He:
most def
cant create a pocket w/ him collapsing the damn thing

Reading between the lines

He has a high ceiling but has to learn correct techniques to excel in the ACC and maybe the NFL.

Certainly doesn't sound as if physical ability will be an issue. Hopefully he's great from day 1 but we won't "need" him until next year and beyond. We've got some seriously nasty options for goal line/short yardage defense though.

Reading between the lines

He has a high ceiling but has to learn correct techniques to excel in the ACC and maybe the NFL.
i agree and Based on his self assessment, i think he will take to the staffs presumed #hardnosed coaching style. in short, if they yell and scream and tell him hes "underperforming"... he will do everying in his power to prove them wrong

i love the confidence the kid has. you know how athletic you have to be to do a back flip at 330lb . i'm glad we got him for 3 years really looking forward to watching his career.

i love the confidence the kid has. you know how athletic you have to be to do a back flip at 330lb . i'm glad we got him for 3 years really looking forward to watching his career.
You just made my day, I thought we only had him for 2

He wants to show the world that Ishaq was not the only star on his HS team. By the way, I think Ishaq is a Junior and is is still #2 on the depth chart.

williams000a.jpg
I don't know, Wayne Williams just doesn't look that big to me. Am I missing something?

MAJOR beef inside with Crume, Sloan, Raymon, Jones, Williams and that little guy Bromley!

offensive and defensive lines wins games. people are sleeping on us. i love it