In all 3 of our ACC losses | Syracusefan.com

In all 3 of our ACC losses

coach just playing the odds. DUNGEY couldn't possibly roll snake eyes again...DOH ! that hurt !

I would start ED off running. He seems to get his groove on after a couple of runs/hits
So true. Got to get his blood churning. Although I think Dino and Crew essentially tried. Wasn't his twisted ankle play our 2nd or 3rd play from scrimmage?

I would start ED off running. He seems to get his groove on after a couple of runs/hits

I think this would actually be pretty disruptive to the opponents defensive plan even if the run only goes for 3-4 yards. Defenses already know they have to account for ED but because our RB game has been so bad they aren’t spying ED until they are forced to. Just like yesterday, FSU didn’t really start accounting for ED potentially running until later in the 2nd half.

I think if you got the defense having to account for ED early it would set everything up the rest of the game. Could it be worse than running our RB’s straight up the gut in the 1st Q to FSU lineman who are fresh at the start of the game and expecting that to work

Forcing some scripted plays?
I think it's Dungey getting tunnel vision on his receivers rather than seeing the defense.

I think it was Steve Young that I heard say a qb needs to watch the secondary and know where his receivers are instead of watching his recievers. I don't think Dungey does that consistently yet.

Forcing some scripted plays?

Yes. In the LSU and FSU games, the wheel route to Strickland were the first play of the game and were promptly intercepted. They know the play before it happens because they're studying the tape and Dungey's tendencies. If he went through his progressions more, DBs would be forced to respect the routes. Until he shows that, the corner will jump the route.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom