In the age of inflation is there a better value than SU football tickets? | Syracusefan.com

In the age of inflation is there a better value than SU football tickets?

$500 all in for the highest priced seat

Crazy

most seats in the 125 range, that’s a good couples diner or a bottle of a higher end whiskey

I know it’s not a revelation, but it just struck me

There wasn't a better value before the days of inflation. We are giving tickets away. In a stadium that probably has the best sight lines of any venue in college football.

Crazy

most seats in the 125 range, that’s a good couples diner or a bottle of a higher end whiskey

I buy them yearly because it’s a great value. I go rarely but when I do it’s always a fun day

There wasn't a better value before the days of inflation. We are giving tickets away. In a stadium that probably has the best sight lines of any venue in college football.
Sight lines are great in 200s and 300s. Not so much further down.

Crazy

Where in Syracuse can you blow $500 on a couples dinner? Skaneateles?

Every time I’ve been to MetLife Stadium, the drive home takes roughly 12 days. Give or take an hour.

I’m pretty sure one could park on the 50 yard line at the Dome and still be home in 20 minutes.

In 2019, my son and I went to the Wake Forest finale. We were up there for Thanksgiving, rest of the family flew home. We decided to go to the game, then drive back to VA.

We stayed for all of overtime, watched the alma mater, cheered the team off the field. We parked in the Stadium Lot. The time it took from leaving the Dome to being full speed on 81 south was less than 15 minutes.

Crazy

Yeah bought tickets for the RU game as soon as they posted, I felt like it was a misprint when I told the group the cost per ticket to sit on the 35 yard line 15 rows up.

I am taking my kids to see the Patriots vs Saints game.

3 seats...worst seats in the building, will likely cost me at least $700.

Yeah. The Dome is better.
The Carrier Dome > Gillette Stadium for sight lines. Weirdly Sullivan Stadium was fantastic for sight lines back in the day. Also Alumni is pretty great place to see a game too if you ever make it to BC/Syracuse game

The Carrier Dome > Gillette Stadium for sight lines. Weirdly Sullivan Stadium was fantastic for sight lines back in the day. Also Alumni is pretty great place to see a game too if you ever make it to BC/Syracuse game

When Syracuse football is playing well there is no better time than the 8-10 hours or so spent tailgating, watching the game, and then hanging out after. Value, fun, everything.
When they aren’t playing well, it’s still a lot of fun but when the actual time watching the game is the worst hours of the day, it does tend to take it down a notch

Crazy

Absolutely, when I tell people that aren’t from around cny what I pay they think I’m kidding.

Sight lines are great in 200s and 300s. Not so much further down.
I believe that’s the nature of elevation. You can’t see distances as you get lower ( with every stadium)

In 2019, my son and I went to the Wake Forest finale. We were up there for Thanksgiving, rest of the family flew home. We decided to go to the game, then drive back to VA.

We stayed for all of overtime, watched the alma mater, cheered the team off the field. We parked in the Stadium Lot. The time it took from leaving the Dome to being full speed on 81 south was less than 15 minutes.
thats why the west lots are the only place i want to park for games

Point well taken. But the upper 100’s are a close second…and closer to the beer concessions. ;)
Out of curiosity, how much does a beer cost in the dome? It’s been a while for me.