In the last 20 years who were the best recruiters that Syracuse had | Syracusefan.com

In the last 20 years who were the best recruiters that Syracuse had

IthacaBarrel

Shaky Potatoes
on staff. There has to be a few of them. Just want to know who they were.

I thought Chris White was one of the best recruiters we have had. Started with Pasqauloni and was a GRob holdover.

Yep remember him being highly regarded when here. Ty Wheatley with Marrone as well.

I thought Chris White was one of the best recruiters we have had. Started with Pasqauloni and was a GRob holdover.
Chris is still coaching. Was just hired as the special teams coordinator at Memphis. Was working at UB before that.

Even had a brief stint with the Detroit Lions.

What's the definition of best recruiter? Finding under the radar talent (Bergeron / Ja'Had Carter are recent examples of Syracuse doing that) or landing recruits on the national radar (like Duce).

Chris is still coaching. Was just hired as the special teams coordinator at Memphis. Was working at UB before that.

Even had a brief stint with the Detroit Lions.

For five years with the Vikings too, he’s definitely been around the block.

What's the definition of best recruiter? Finding under the radar talent (Bergeron / Ja'Had Carter are recent examples of Syracuse doing that) or landing recruits on the national radar (like Duce).

My definition is finding and bringing in good players, not how theyre rated. Could be a combination I suppose.

White was responsible for landing Ray Rice and Courtney Green before that firing fiasco to.

I got Chip West credited with Jahad Carter just fyi.

Interesting article today on recruiting in the ACC - not a lot of Syracuse mentions - Monroe got one name drop, but other than that the high school coaches in the states that make up the conference didn't seem overly impressed.

Through my experience its Monroe Wheatley White Shaf Lustig Bullough. Scott Spencer is by far the worse.
Based on his offense he definitely is consistent :)

Thought this piece was interesting in terms of recruiting and relationship building. We get a random Dino shoutout but it's mostly as expected given the schools they likely spoke with. There was also a Monroe mention in South Florida.

Thought this piece was interesting in terms of recruiting and relationship building. We get a random Dino shoutout but it's mostly as expected given the schools they likely spoke with. There was also a Monroe mention in South Florida.

Yeah I read it as our presence is minimal. What are our strong states?

At this point i dont think we have any top recruiters on staff. Monroe was all we had left. Lustig was good as was White.

on staff. There has to be a few of them. Just want to know who they were.

The best recruiting we ever had was from the late 80s to the late 90s. I know that Kevin Rogers did a great job with our offense for a while. But it's like the kids of those guys are all experienced coaches now.

Yeah I read it as our presence is minimal. What are our strong states?

Well, Monroe was pulling most of the DB talent from Florida, but nobody else has really stood out to me.

Well, Monroe was pulling most of the DB talent from Florida, but nobody else has really stood out to me.
Yeah recently I feel like our best DB talent have all been Northeast type kids other than G Williams who is from NC.

Cisco was really from NY, Iffy Connecticut, Duce from NJ, Trill was from NJ, Clark is from NJ and Carter from VA. Barron from Connecticut.

There are a few Florida Db's on the roster right now

Yeah recently I feel like our best DB talent have all been Northeast type kids other than G Williams who is from NC.

Cisco was really from NY, Iffy Connecticut, Duce from NJ, Trill was from NJ, Clark is from NJ and Carter from VA. Barron from Connecticut.

There are a few Florida Db's on the roster right now
Yup, most of the actual talent we’ve had has been from NJ, PA, CT, and even NY. The amount of time spent in FL hasn’t really been worth it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom