In the Path of Ian..... | Syracusefan.com

In the Path of Ian.....

newmexicuse

All Conference
Projected landfall is now near my town. I am about 6 miles inland and not in the present evacuation zones.

I can selfishly hope for a path shift, but that would just mean it will be worse for somebody else.

Imagine I will lose power sometime tomorrow and then I will be off the forum for a few days or however long it takes.

Projected landfall is now near my town. I am about 6 miles inland and not in the present evacuation zones.

I can selfishly hope for a path shift, but that would just mean it will be worse for somebody else.

Imagine I will lose power sometime tomorrow and then I will be off the forum for a few days or however long it takes.
Stay safe. Hope it somehow misses you.

Wish you all the best and hopefully you guys are spared. If you don't already have it, download the app Radarscope. Even the premium might be worth it. If Radars locally stay up it will keep you up to date on rain bands and winds near you as it refreshes every few minutes.

c91d812b-b604-410a-85a6-6cebd46cb2dc-11_a.m._Tuesday.png

I just always pictured you in New Mexico. Good luck!

Best of luck to any board members who live in Florida.

The Tampa area is a ticking time bomb in terms of hurricane vulnerability. It's on a peninsula, it's totally flat, and it's overdeveloped meaning there's too much concrete and not enough natural flora to absorb storm surge. It's been the beneficiary of major luck in that it hasn't been directly hit by a major hurricane since 1921.

Best of luck to any board members who live in Florida.

The Tampa area is a ticking time bomb in terms of hurricane vulnerability. It's on a peninsula, it's totally flat, and it's overdeveloped meaning there's too much concrete and not enough natural flora to absorb storm surge. It's been the beneficiary of major luck in that it hasn't been directly hit by a major hurricane since 1921.

Yeah I've been there more than a few times during heavier rain events and it's definitely high risk.

I feel your pain. I am in the town now predicted to be the jackpot spot where it makes landfall. About 3.5 miles inland, and probably high enough to escape any spillover storm surge. I'm not (currently) in an evacuation zone either.

I'm sure I'll have the same power issues that newmexicuse will.

Hopefully, I'll be able to stream the Wagner game.

Stay safe, newmexicuse.

I feel your pain. I am in the town now predicted to be the jackpot spot where it makes landfall. About 3.5 miles inland, and probably high enough to escape any spillover storm surge. I'm not (currently) in an evacuation zone either.

Stay safe, newmexicuse.
Hope the entire syracusefan.com family will be safe during this storm.

Get a battery pack for your phone/tablet/iPad and have it fully charged before the storm hits. That is the lesson I learned from the last time we lost power for a long time up here.

Hope the entire syracusefan.com family will be safe during this storm.

Get a battery pack for your phone/tablet/iPad and have it fully charged before the storm hits. That is the lesson I learned from the last time we lost power for a long time up here.
Yep, we have a couple. First thing we did when we saw we were in the crosshairs was charge them. Thanks, Tom.

I'm about an hour and a half east of you. Good luck.

Stay safe, newmexicuse.
Are you at least on relatively high ground ??? I would get the hell out. But I am quite the big chicken.
Big Chicken Aves GIF by Jason Clarke

I am in Fort Lauderdale and out of the cone of death, yet the rain bands are already coming and coupled with the king tides my streets are already flooded. Tested my utility pump this morning to pump water out of the garage in the next few days. Stay safe if you are on the left coast of FL.

Best of luck newmexicuse Stay safe

Stay safe, newmexicuse.
Best of luck orange79 Stay safe

Moved about 3 YO, but kept my old handle !!!
Color me curious. NM is on our list of possible retirement spots. (My wife is vehemently opposed to FL, and we both like the desert.). Why did you leave NM for FL (if not too personal).
Thanks

Stand strong. I'm in Palm Beach County so rooting for you. Ton of rain here with flooding already and wind is supposed to get to lower tropical storm tomorrow. Nothing compared to you on the lower Gulf side, so please take care.