In your latest Taurean Thompson news | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

In your latest Taurean Thompson news

This was a secret game... if a guy had a nagging injury I am sure it just goes unknown to the public. They are not going to have day to day injuries publicized for secret games.

This is not a defence of TT in general, just this specific case.

I loved Thompson when he played for us. He had a ton of confidence in his offensive game for a freshman and put up some solid numbers. He got a bad rep for his defense but I think it had more to do with him having trouble figuring out the zone rather than lack of effort. Whatever his true reasons were for leaving, hope he figures it out and gets his career back on track.

This reminds us that some who watch the team don’t see the team.

Not to judge a young man but sounds like he has some growing up to do.
I posted this at the time of his departure and believe that there is a strong chance of a co-dependency syndrome. Co dependency is a very difficult disease to diagnose and treat. A dear friend is co dependent with her mother and has been in and out of treatment since she was a young women. In her case it stems from an abusive Father. Obviously this is total speculation but the social privacy, lack of communication, introverted and self based behavior are all traits exhibited by my friend. Hope im completely off base on this one as it is an extremely difficult mental disease to cure.

I posted this at the time of his departure and believe that there is a strong chance of a co-dependency syndrome. Co dependency is a very difficult disease to diagnose and treat. A dear friend is co dependent with her mother and has been in and out of treatment since she was a young women. In her case it stems from an abusive Father. Obviously this is total speculation but the social privacy, lack of communication, introverted and self based behavior are all traits exhibited by my friend. Hope im completely off base on this one as it is an extremely difficult mental disease to cure.

FFS

Meh, after reading that article, it's clear to me that he and his mom are each other's supports. I'm less upset with him for leaving, although the way he left wasn't cool to SU. I have to believe that would be the only reason JB was angry. He's not the first 18 year old to transfer due to homesickness and he won't be the last.

This reminds us that some who watch the team don’t see the team.

Or maybe, just maybe, there are some of us who see the team and form a different opinion on a certain player than what some other people have. The vague patronizing comment is uncalled for. I watched (and to the best of my knowledge saw) Thompson play and I saw a player with tremendous offensive confidence and potential for a freshman. He was a serious threat to score with a lethal mid-range shot and excellent ball handling for his size. He demanded the attention of the defense no matter where he was on the court. His own defense was bad no doubt about it, but not so bad that he didn't deserve playing time. 18 minutes a game is a lot of time for Boeheim to play a freshman whose defense/effort on defense is as unspeakably terrible as some of you guys make it out to be. I wonder if Boeheim's honest opinion on Thompson's playing is as black and white as some of the posters on here? The way you all carry on makes it seem like there was a big celebration on this board when news came out of him leaving. Something tells me that was not the case.

Or maybe, just maybe, there are some of us who see the team and form a different opinion on a certain player than what some other people have. The vague patronizing comment is uncalled for. I watched (and to the best of my knowledge saw) Thompson play and I saw a player with tremendous offensive confidence and potential for a freshman. He was a serious threat to score with a lethal mid-range shot and excellent ball handling for his size. He demanded the attention of the defense no matter where he was on the court. His own defense was bad no doubt about it, but not so bad that he didn't deserve playing time. 18 minutes a game is a lot of time for Boeheim to play a freshman whose defense/effort on defense is as unspeakably terrible as some of you guys make it out to be. I wonder if Boeheim's honest opinion on Thompson's playing is as black and white as some of the posters on here? The way you all carry on makes it seem like there was a big celebration on this board when news came out of him leaving. Something tells me that was not the case.
I can't take anything away from Taurean's short time on the hill other than I can't remember him passing the ball if he got a touch. It was always a shot shortly after he got the rock. Not even gonna reiterate his "defense" either.

His pension for shooting twos with his feet on the line early in the clock was uncanny.

And his pension for actually making shots was pretty uncanny too. 54.6% fg percentage, averaged 9.2 points in only 18 mins of playing time. I just don't think it was unreasonable to be a fan of the guys game at the time, especially as a freshman who had time to improve in his problem areas. Knowing what we do now about his apparent struggles with mental health/focus, it's quite possible he could have led to team problems in the future had he stayed, but I don't think I'm stupid for having some faith in him in his first year. Wouldn't be surprised if he lights it up at Seton Hall

And his pension for actually making shots was pretty uncanny too. 54.6% fg percentage, averaged 9.2 points in only 18 mins of playing time. I just don't think it was unreasonable to be a fan of the guys game at the time, especially as a freshman who had time to improve in his problem areas. Knowing what we do now about his apparent struggles with mental health/focus, it's quite possible he could have led to team problems in the future had he stayed, but I don't think I'm stupid for having some faith in him in his first year. Wouldn't be surprised if he lights it up at Seton Hall

His jumper was legit for sure

Agree totally about his offense but I saw too many times on defense when not only was it bad, but he just wasn't even trying. I rarely criticize a player, but lack of effort is one thing that'll get me worked up every time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom