In your latest Taurean Thompson news | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

In your latest Taurean Thompson news

There is an obvious and needed penchant for correct grammar on this board and would expect nothing less.

Really hope it works out for him but so glad he’s gone. We tight!

I don’t except your reasoning. Wagner was a strong composer, specially for violence.
image.jpg

Looks like a painting where the eyes follow you.

A couple of quotes from Thompson's coach after the game:

“We’re trying to get Taurean to be a little more of an inside presence. That’s my biggest struggle right now. We’ve got to get someone who really wants to be down there (so we can) get the ball down there.”

“I’ve got to figure out a way to hide him a little bit defensively and keep him a little bit more engaged offensively. He’s so talented when he goes to the rim and attacks, he has to get into that mentality. That’s something that will be a work in progress.”

I will take MD in his place 100 out of 100.

“We’re trying to get Taurean to be a little more of an inside presence. That’s my biggest struggle right now. We’ve got to get someone who really wants to be down there (so we can) get the ball down there.”

“I’ve got to figure out a way to hide him a little bit defensively and keep him a little bit more engaged offensively. He’s so talented when he goes to the rim and attacks, he has to get into that mentality. That’s something that will be a work in progress.”

Lol.

He doesn’t play defense and he doesn’t “seem” to play to win offensively. These aren’t new things!

He can shoot, and has (had?) pretty decent footwork in the post. He was a guy who would make some nice shots and moves here and there but with the shot selection and defense - he didn’t seem to have any feel for the game and didn’t strike me as a guy out there to play winning basketball.

And if you’re serious about basketball, you don’t leave Syracuse for Seton Hall.

That's our Taurean!

We had no other options when he was here. Literally none. Had we had any, he would have played just about as much as he is playing now.

Shooting 37% so far on the year averaging 6ppg and 2RPG. He's regressed since he left here.

That or Boeheim is better than a lot of people give him credit for at maximizing player's values.

We had no other options when he was here. Literally none. Had we had any, he would have played just about as much as he is playing now.

True. He wasn’t guarded here at all and shot open jumpers. Probably a combo of being exposed more now and regressing like Cusefan0307 mentioned.

Lol.

He doesn’t play defense and he doesn’t “seem” to play to win offensively. These aren’t new things!

He can shoot, and has (had?) pretty decent footwork in the post. He was a guy who would make some nice shots and moves here and there but with the shot selection and defense - he didn’t seem to have any feel for the game and didn’t strike me as a guy out there to play winning basketball.

And if you’re serious about basketball, you don’t leave Syracuse for Seton Hall.

Totally. To be fair him leaving was totally his mom’s meddling pretty sure but, yeah, he’s not a player you win with, IMO.

We had Tyler Roberson that could have played more minutes.

I watched a little of their game against Miami the other night. When he got in, he actually looked pretty solid on offense. On the defensive end, he became a spectator with the best seat in the house. A player drove right past him, missed a layup, grabbed his own rebound, and put it back up and in. All while Thompson stood there and watched. He went right to the bench after that. The announcers gave his Mom a shout out during the game also. Made me laugh a little.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom