Indiana fires Archie Miller / hires Mike Woodson | Syracusefan.com

Indiana fires Archie Miller / hires Mike Woodson

Unless Brad Stevens is an idiot and comes back to CBB, it feels like a good landing spot for Porter Moser.
Moser is outstanding but guessing IU will try to make a bigger splash hire.

This is brad stevens dream job, that is a fact. They should at least talk to him. Not sure if he would leave the NBA at this time. But if there was ever a job he would leave the NBA for it would be Indiana. I will be very interested to see if he misses the college game at all.

Godfather 4

1615825442199.png

Indiana is going to godfather offer Scott Drew. Chris Beard is waiting on Kansas IMO.

Pitino has a 10 million dollar buyout and he can’t cheat anymore.

Beilein is on Big Ten Network I think he will coach again. If he just wanted to retire he wouldn’t go on TV right away IMO.

He could fix Indiana. A lot of HS talent in Indy every year.

Indiana should avoid a flash hire this time.
Sampson, Crean, Miller were all flash hires.
Sampson would have worked if he didn’t cheat.

Indiana is going to godfather offer Scott Drew. Chris Beard is waiting on Kansas IMO.

Pitino has a 10 million dollar buyout and he can’t cheat anymore.

Beilein is on Big Ten Network I think he will coach again. If he just wanted to retire he wouldn’t go on TV right away IMO.

He could fix Indiana. A lot of HS talent in Indy every year.

Indiana should avoid a flash hire this time.
Sampson, Crean, Miller were all flash hires.
Sampson would have worked if he didn’t cheat.

Pitino is an incredible coach. No matter what you think of him as a person he would turn IU around in 1-2 years. I think Drew is set at Baylor. King of the castle down there. The boosters at IU would make him go crazy.

they regard themselves as the rightful king of the b1g and one of the 5 OG hoops bluebloods - so I'd imagine they *think* they can lure Stevens or Donovan or some other shoot-for-the-stars target

Pitino is an incredible coach. No matter what you think of him as a person he would turn IU around in 1-2 years. I think Drew is set at Baylor. King of the castle down there. The boosters at IU would make him go crazy.
Drew is from Indiana. He will use this for a raise at the least.
Football matters more at Baylor. Indiana is a hoops first school.

Pitino is a cheater. He can’t cheat anymore. The FBI wiretaps and if he left Iona after 1 year he is an even bigger scumbag.

I think Indiana will whiff on Drew and then decide between Steve Alford or John Beilein.

they regard themselves as the rightful king of the b1g and one of the 5 OG hoops bluebloods - so I'd imagine they *think* they can lure Stevens or Donovan or some other shoot-for-the-stars-target
Donovan hated recruiting is why he left Florida for the NBA. He has made enough money now with 2 NBA jobs I doubt he will ever go back to college.

Stevens if he was fired might take the Indiana job but he isn’t getting fired right now and he would nuke his pro coaching career to resign mid season to take a college job.

This is brad stevens dream job, that is a fact. They should at least talk to him. Not sure if he would leave the NBA at this time. But if there was ever a job he would leave the NBA for it would be Indiana. I will be very interested to see if he misses the college game at all.
I've always had this miserable feeling in the back of my mind that the end of the road in Boston for Stevens is going to come at the same time Coach K hangs them up. None of Coach K's tree has shown to be a can't miss or differentiated themselves from each other thus far.