FSU Tailgate Oct 2nd, 2021 | Syracusefan.com

FSU Tailgate Oct 2nd, 2021

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Hey, I still expect a ton of Covid drama to play out for sure. However, assuming things get back to normal or near normal...I'll support a medium size tailgate this fall. I usually work with the Tampa Bay Alumni club. I'll plan for about 50-60 in attendance.

Parking: Expect to park near the Civic Center. It is an easy 9/10ths of a mile walk to the stadium.
thumbnail_DLTCC-Parking-Map-2020-1a6034c035.jpg

Tallahassee has a small airport but you might be better off to fly into ATL, JAX, MCO, SFB, TPA or PIE. Definitely wait on air travel. However, I recommend checking around and to get your motel booked with a refundable reservation. The weather in early October will still be on the warm side. Average High 85, Low 63. The beaches in Florida should still be awesome with less crowds. It is still Hurricane Season so try to stay as flexible with travel as possible.

Tickets: I expect to buy sometime in July. Hopefully we can get a decent group rate of around $30 a ticket. No commitment yet but let me know if you are interested and about how many in your group. No idea if FSU is going paperless on tickets, I'll find that out once I talk to the group ticket rep in the Spring.

TexanMark 2-4 (Orangello?)
Quo Vadis 2
SU Tampa 10-15
OttoinGrotto 1
FloridaFan 1-4? Might get tickets from FSU
rpy1977 2
CuseTroop 1-2
JarheadJim 2

Last edited:
I'm a maybe on this one. Will hopefully know within a week or two.

I'm a maybe on this one. Will hopefully know within a week or two.
Take your time...I'll put you down for 2. I won't be buying tix, etc... until Covid shakes out.

Take your time...I'll put you down for 2. I won't be buying tix, etc... until Covid shakes out.
It'll probably actually just be 1, my kids and wife are in for Disney and won't care about this game at all. ;)

I’ll be there for the tailgate part so I can pay for that if need be. My mind typically gets tickets from alumni friends so let me see if I can get some first before I buy some tickets. I’ll let you know

I’ll be there for the tailgate part so I can pay for that if need be. My mind typically gets tickets from alumni friends so let me see if I can get some first before I buy some tickets. I’ll let you know
Yeah I'll mark you down...your Mom ofcourse is welcome to attend too

2 for me.

This game will be played. Florida doesn't take covid seriously.

Definitely plan to get to this as long as things aren't still crazy. Put me down for a tentative 3.
It's in Florida, ofcourse it'll be crazy

However, I'm hopeful will be back to normal for that other thing by Summer.

Hey, I still expect a ton of Covid drama to play out for sure. However, assuming things get back to normal or near normal...I'll support a medium size tailgate this fall. I usually work with the Tampa Bay Alumni club. I'll plan for about 50-60 in attendance.

Parking: Expect to park near the Civic Center. It is an easy 9/10ths of a mile walk to the stadium.
thumbnail_DLTCC-Parking-Map-2020-1a6034c035.jpg

Tallahassee has a small airport but you might be better off to fly into ATL, JAX, MCO, SFB, TPA or PIE. Definitely wait on air travel. However, I recommend checking around and to get your motel booked with a refundable reservation. The weather in early October will still be on the warm side. Average High 85, Low 63. The beaches in Florida should still be awesome with less crowds. It is still Hurricane Season so try to stay as flexible with travel as possible.

Tickets: I expect to buy sometime in July. Hopefully we can get a decent group rate of around $30 a ticket. No commitment yet but let me know if you are interested and about how many in your group. No idea if FSU is going paperless on tickets, I'll find that out once I talk to the group ticket rep in the Spring.

Quo Vadis 2
SU Tampa 10-15
OttoinGrotto 1
rpy1977 2
CuseTroop 1-2
JarheadJim 2
John and Pam V -2

Just booked a refundable Airbnb for this trip. Will likely be 4 adults (maybe 1 young child as well, not sure what the child ticket policy is).

Can also help with tailgate equipment if needed. Have tables, Cuse EZ-Up etc.

Last edited:
Just booked a refundable Airbnb for this trip. Will likely be 4 adults (maybe 1 young child as well, not sure what the child ticket policy is).

Can also help with tailgate equipment if needed. Have tables, Cuse EZ-Up etc.
Generally over 2 years old needs a ticket...you can check at FSU's website about their policy.

I've made an executive decision to limit it to 50 Tix
FSU in the past cut another $5 off each ticket at 50 vs 20 bought

We stand at 43 right now if the highest number listed is used.

Current Roster
Quo Vadis 2
SU Tampa 6-10
OttoinGrotto 1
rpy1977 2
CuseTroop 1-2
JarheadJim 2
John and Pam 2
Tom W. 4-5
Deano 1-2
FlOrange44 4
Sean M. (Ft Myers) 1-2
Liz H. (Tally) 2 will pick up Publix Subs
OburgOrange ??
Tomcat 2

Email Sent: If you didn't rcv an email, send me your email address via PM

Last edited:
I've made an executive decision to limit it to 50 Tix
FSU in the past cut another $5 off each ticket at 50 vs 20 bought

We stand at 43 right now if the highest number listed is used.

Current Roster
Quo Vadis 2
SU Tampa 6-10
OttoinGrotto 1
rpy1977 2
CuseTroop 1-2
JarheadJim 2
John and Pam 2
Tom W. 4-5
Deano 1-2