Info on Chin Onuaku?, baby bro. nm | Syracusefan.com

Info on Chin Onuaku?, baby bro. nm

AlaskaSU

Build a dorm, burn the locker rm. upgrade the dome
NM
class of 2014

NM
class of 2014
His brother's name is Chinanu Onuaku. I think he is usually called Nanu by his peeps.

Transferred from Duval before his sophomore season. 6'9 240 pounds. As you say, class of 2014.

Played for Riverdale Baptist as a sophomore. Looks to me like he averaged about 2 ppg. But he is having a good summer and might end up being a good player down the line. Don't want to be negative but he is probably a long shot to play at a program like Syracuse at this point.

A Look at Chinanu

Imagine a front line of Chinoso, Chinanu and Youssoupha or Antravious.

It would be pretty awesome to see Mr Excitement handle this.

His brother's name is Chinanu Onuaku. I think he is usually called Nanu by his peeps.

Transferred from Duval before his sophomore season. 6'9 240 pounds. As you say, class of 2014.

Played for Riverdale Baptist as a sophomore. Looks to me like he averaged about 2 ppg. But he is having a good summer and might end up being a good player down the line. Don't want to be negative but he is probably a long shot to play at a program like Syracuse at this point.

A Look at Chinanu

and his free throw shooting?

onuaku.jpg
42662072E.jpg

from sutomcat, "having a good summer":

In summary: 6'9" / 240 lbs and his doctor thinks that he may not be done growing, but very unimpressive stats as a Soph. As a Jr he has to step up. If he is still growing that could explain awkwardness. Will he be a cat rescuer or a 7' version of Arinze?

A Look at Chinanu

if all these guys end up at su and mr excitement has to say these names on a daily basis..i riot

My only memories of AO shooting FT's I choose to retain involve him knocking them down against Villanova during the 34,616 game. The roof nearly came off when he hit the second one after the and-1 when he was falling backwards.

surprised you weren't too drunk to remember...

"Here's a name from the past, kind of: Chinanu Onuaku, younger brother of former Syracuse big man Arinze Onuaku. The 6-foot-10 Riverdale Baptist (Md.) big man is being recruited by Seton Hall, DePaul, Cincinnati, Xavier, Maryland, North Carolina State, Virginia Tech, VCU, West Virginia, Miami and Connecticut. "

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...k-temarcus-blanton-boosts-stock-in-pittsburgh

Anyone know if we have any interest?

Short Interview with Chinanu at the 3 minute mark
He's been on the scene for the past year but interest has been minimal at best from SU. I watched one of his games this past season. Here's what I wrote about him.

"The younger brother of former SU big man Arinze Onuaku. Slender built with super long arms. Started off the game scoring a couple of baskets and blocking a few shots before getting a couple of fouls and dealing with it the whole game. Runs the floor well and looks to have some upside, but isn't an instant impact player at this point."

He's been on the scene for the past year but interest has been minimal at best from SU. I watched one of his games this past season. Here's what I wrote about him.

"The younger brother of former SU big man Arinze Onuaku. Slender built with super long arms. Started off the game scoring a couple of baskets and blocking a few shots before getting a couple of fouls and dealing with it the whole game. Runs the floor well and looks to have some upside, but isn't an instant impact player at this point."
Emphasis on "super long arms".

From my Maryland alum co-worker he's pretty high on their board. He's a bit of a project at this point but still young and growing. Also, his defense is ahead of his offense but that's pretty common with young bigs.

I doubt we have room for him but perhaps could be a nice 4 year player ala BMK and really come on later as he matures?

An updated school list from Terps big man target Chinanu Onuaku on Thursday at the Reebok Breakout Classic.
An above-average rebounder, a good defender and a space eater, Onuaku said Xavier, Seton Hall
and DePaul were the three schools chasing him the hardest, but they aren't alone. He was quick to
point out that he was also considering offers from Virginia, Maryland, Virginia Tech, Cincinnati,
Connecticut, Rutgers, Minnesota, Kansas State and Pittsburgh, among others.