Injuries are again a major issue but | Syracusefan.com

Injuries are again a major issue but

JeremyCuse

Renowned lacrosse analyst
The absolute lack of skill position players on this team in year 7 is Uconn and Rutgers esque. We have literally 1 P5 D1 WR on the roster in Orande and the worst set of TEs I have ever seen at Syracuse. Where the hell are the Wrs in year 7 of Babers tenure? Take away Orande and were back in the Rice Moss Tim Lane era. Would also be nice to actually see the vaunted rb depth we supposedly have but sitting Tucker and playing split backs apparently is a bridge to far. Again year 7 of Babers and we have 2 legit D1 skill players.

The absolute lack of skill position players on this team in year 7 is Uconn and Rutgers esque. We have literally 1 P5 D1 WR on the roster in Orande and the worst set of TEs I have ever seen at Syracuse. Where the hell are the Wrs in year 7 of Babers tenure? Take away Orande and were back in the Rice Moss Tim Lane era. Would also be nice to actually see the vaunted rb depth we supposedly have but sitting Tucker and playing split backs apparently is a bridge to far. Again year 7 of Babers and we have 2 legit D1 skill players.
Yep the injuries have plagued the defense more and they still are doing well, because that is where most of the talent on this team is.

Agree with the lack of skill players. How come other teams have 2-3 killer RB’s and multiple receivers? What’s even more frustrating to me today is how badly we played up front on the offensive line and whatever we are doing with the TE/HB. These guys keep getting manhandled. We need guys with heart and quickness like Darton on the OL. They embarrassed themselves and my alma mater again today.

Agree with the lack of skill players. How come other teams have 2-3 killer RB’s and multiple receivers? What’s even more frustrating to me today is how badly we played up front on the offensive line and whatever we are doing with the TE/HB. These guys keep getting manhandled. We need guys with heart and quickness like Darton on the OL. They embarrassed themselves and my alma mater again today.
Macky was an undersized center and I don't remember him ever having issues. I'm sure there were times when he was overmatched but I don't remember.

I'm most concerned with the regression of our O Line. They played about as bad as imaginable today. And Pitt is not THAT good. They were very mediocre. We were just that bad.

Pitt is good on the DL and should have beat Tennessee they are better than their record. Lost to the mobile QBs Sims and Cunningham we really should have game planned to roll out CDRW every play and encourage him to tuck it and run.

Pitt is good on the DL and should have beat Tennessee they are better than their record. Lost to the mobile QBs Sims and Cunningham we really should have game planned to roll out CDRW every play and encourage him to tuck it and run.
Yeah I cant understand why we didn’t roll out at all against Pitt. Maybe that only works well when you have a tight end as an option to throw to?

Every team is beatable and not as good as Clemson, then when we lose to a team we talk about how they’re actually better than their record. We’ve been doing this on here since Shafer was coaching.

I’ve been harping for a few years how we use so many schollies for WR’s and still never have any to throw to. Our recruiting on the offensive side has been suspect and my guess is, that’s where DB is largely involved.

We have some wins in recruiting here and there but proportionally we have far more bad misses than “diamond in the rough” scenarios. I said this same thing a few weeks ago and was told we’re stocked with young talent. I’ve heard that since Shafer.

We probably have a few good other wideouts and I know Allen and Price are talented rb’s. I heard from multiple vets in the offseason that ranted about Allen’s talent.

I just don’t believe Dino and co are great at getting the most out of their talent, or putting the best players on the field. Dino goes with what he knows. It takes young skills guys a long time to make their way into this system.

Probably why I’d be fine if White took over eventually. Look what he does with freshman.

We probably have a few good other wideouts and I know Allen and Price are talented rb’s. I heard from multiple vets in the offseason that ranted about Allen’s talent.

I just don’t believe Dino and co are great at getting the most out of their talent, or putting the best players on the field. Dino goes with what he knows. It takes young skills guys a long time to make their way into this system.

Probably why I’d be fine if White took over eventually. Look what he does with freshman.

And that’s a big problem to me. So if Allen is talented there’s zero reason for him not to get a decent amount of snaps each game. Almost every team we’ve played that’s gashed us in the running game has used their 2nd and 3rd strong RB’s and still gotten yards. Granted their OL’s have pushed us around but the coaches still put those players in the game. If Tucker is hurt then one of our backups should at least get some snaps. And if he’s not hurt he’s not playing as well and the backups should get some playing time here and there.

Watch the replays. The OL is making space for Tucker on some plays and he’s taking bad angles, not waiting for the play to develop and sometimes like yesterday, I saw him completely miss a path to his right as he runs into his OL engaged with 2 defenders.

And that’s a big problem to me. So if Allen is talented there’s zero reason for him not to get a decent amount of snaps each game. Almost every team we’ve played that’s gashed us in the running game has used their 2nd and 3rd strong RB’s and still gotten yards. Granted their OL’s have pushed us around but the coaches still put those players in the game. If Tucker is hurt then one of our backups should at least get some snaps. And if he’s not hurt he’s not playing as well and the backups should get some playing time here and there.

Watch the replays. The OL is making space for Tucker on some plays and he’s taking bad angles, not waiting for the play to develop and sometimes like yesterday, I saw him completely miss a path to his right as he runs into his OL engaged with 2 defenders.
Price has a lot of college football snaps too.

I just don’t buy what Anae’s putting down yet. Yeah Virginia had a great statline offense, but Virginia sucked.

Price has a lot of college football snaps too.

I just don’t buy what Anae’s putting down yet. Yeah Virginia had a great statline offense, but Virginia sucked.
To be fair Virginia sucked because they gave up 100 points a game, not Anae’s fault. And not his fault that he inherited a crap level of offensive talent here. The man does make some dumbass calls like the pitch at the goal line, however

Concerned that the staff told Tucker that he would get all the carries unless he wanted to come out. May be a reason he did not transfer. Agree Oline play was bad but there were holes that he missed.
I do hope next year we use more than one back.

Dino should leave the player decisions to his staff. Why would a head coach make the personnel decisions. Hopefully that isn't correct. QB sure but other than that let the position coaches decide who starts.

This 100%. I think Hatcher would do well with more burn. I think Allen and Price are good enough to give Tucker a breather. I think we do have some players on this offense but we’ll never know… except for our TE’s our TE’s are horrendous. I mean how bad could Steve Mahar possibly be? I imagine the kid can’t run in a straight line and often forgets to breathe. Only thing I can think of. Oh right, also “we need the extra blocker”. Forgot. Because watching Mang blow blocking assignments and Wes getting 700 false start penalities a game, is the answer.

This 100%. I think Hatcher would do well with more burn. I think Allen and Price are good enough to give Tucker a breather. I think we do have some players on this offense but we’ll never know… except for our TE’s our TE’s are horrendous. I mean how bad could Steve Mahar possibly be? I imagine the kid can’t run in a straight line and often forgets to breathe. Only thing I can think of. Oh right, also “we need the extra blocker”. Forgot. Because watching Mang blow blocking assignments and Wes getting 700 false start penalities a game, is the answer.
Wes good dog can't hunt. Just have him go back to Oline and call it a day. Mang seems to have regressed but at least he can catch. With Wes in the game two things are going to happen. We either get a penalty or the play gets blown up. I can't think of one positive play we have had as a result of Wes performing. Not one.

Every team is beatable and not as good as Clemson, then when we lose to a team we talk about how they’re actually better than their record. We’ve been doing this on here since Shafer was coaching.

Did you watch the game would you not trade their DL and OL for ours?

The rest of the roster is pretty good too they are 3 deep at RB while our all world running back cares mainly about padding his stats against Wagner and not letting the backups get ANY touches. Sean has some weird agreement with the staff to get the entire workload even when he tries to avoid contact on his carries. Their QB who was a star for USC a couple years ago is the (major) weak spot.

Again they lost to the running QBs of the ACC we could have taken that approach but we didn't. They got to our QB on every play and their DBs were all over our WRs. That game should have been like BC in 2020 or Louisville last year CDRW did OK all things considered.

Did you watch the game would you not trade their DL and OL for ours?

The rest of the roster is pretty good too they are 3 deep at RB while our all world running back cares mainly about padding his stats against Wagner and not letting the backups get ANY touches. Sean has some weird agreement with the staff to get the entire workload even when he tries to avoid contact on his carries. Their QB who was a star for USC a couple years ago is the (major) weak spot.

Again they lost to the running QBs of the ACC we could have taken that approach but we didn't. They got to our QB on every play and their DBs were all over our WRs. That game should have been like BC in 2020 or Louisville last year CDRW did OK all things considered.

I thought Pitt was better than the board was giving them credit for. I said for Clemson their RB wpuod run for over 150 and got a ton of crap for saying that. He did.

My point was, since Shafer we always say we’re better than a team and then when we lose they magically become a top 10 team that’s just had tough breaks. I mean, all week everyone was saying we’d bottle up one of the best RB’s in the country because we can stop speed guys. We’re so lucky he didn’t play, this game could have been really really ugly if the Pitt coaching staff wasn’t so dumb.

I thought Pitt was better than the board was giving them credit for. I said for Clemson their RB wpuod run for over 150 and got a ton of crap for saying that. He did.

My point was, since Shafer we always say we’re better than a team and then when we lose they magically become a top 10 team that’s just had tough breaks. I mean, all week everyone was saying we’d bottle up one of the best RB’s in the country because we can stop speed guys. We’re so lucky he didn’t play, this game could have been really really ugly if the Pitt coaching staff wasn’t so dumb.

There certainly appears to be merit to your post. The same/similar parallel as when our recruiting classes typically/annually rank near the bottom of the ACC and how many folks here seemingly dismiss the rankings as a bunch of malarkey, or along those lines.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom