Injuries/inexperience/pandemic are concerns but this coaching staff have flat out sucked | Syracusefan.com

Injuries/inexperience/pandemic are concerns but this coaching staff have flat out sucked

Alsacs

Living Legend
Players can get better, players can become more experienced, players can become more disciplined.

If they do it will be inspite of this coaching staff.
Those coaches were flat out terrible today.
No game plan adjustments.
No spirit.
Nothing.

I like Dino Babers personally but his coaching staff and himself are the biggest problem with the 2020 season.

Players can get better, players can become more experienced, players can become more disciplined.

If they do it will be inspite of this coaching staff.
Those coaches were flat out terrible today.
No game plan adjustments.
No spirit.
Nothing.

I like Dino Babers personally but his coaching staff and himself are the biggest problem with the 2020 season.

Dino as a human is a great guy.

But it is beyond obvious that he has lost this team.

The penalties, lack of effort, body language. Every little bit of it.

We are losing a ton of kids next season if he stays on as coach.

he is out of his league, and to stubborn to grow, i hope we can hold on to the recruiting class.

It reminds me to a certain extent when Petrino just lost the LVille team a few years ago. They had injuries but they still had some players but the team just gave up in the season as well as the staff

This is exactly what it's like. He risks the entire team just quitting on him.

We have a better chance of beating Clemson by 50 next week than Dino getting fired this year. We are playing with 58 scholarship players. The penalties, body language, etc is the result of a bunch of freshman and sophs getting thrown into the fire. It would take a miracle worker of a head coach to turn this season around.

We have a better chance of beating Clemson by 50 next week than Dino getting fired this year. We are playing with 58 scholarship players. The penalties, body language, etc is the result of a bunch of freshman and sophs getting thrown into the fire. It would take a miracle worker of a head coach to turn this season around.

Trust me when I tell you, if Dino stays, we will lose 1,000s of season ticket holders and we will lose 20ish players to the transfer portal.

Our players never look prepared.
Every single offense plays feels like a miracle if it is successful.
It’s just awful coaching.
Plain and simple.
I don’t blame the kids.
I honestly don’t know what the hell these kids are taught in the film room.
These mistakes in run defense should get cleaned up.
They don’t.
That is coaching.

How about conduct? Does that have something to do with 58 players?

it is not the record. It is the embarrassing play. The lack of fundamentals. The lack of discipline. The lack of improvement. The lack of talent. Name me a HC who has taken his team from ranked to worst in P5 and recovered?

Trust me when I tell you, if Dino stays, we will lose 1,000s of season ticket holders and we will lose 20ish players to the transfer portal.

I think we will lose thousands of season ticket holders no matter what. Not just the play on the field, pandemic worries won’t be gone by next September.

First possession we threw a bomb on third and 2. Just insane.

Yeah, with a team like this, you just want to move the chains and get four more downs.
It's like they don't understand basics like this.

I don't think of myself as a fan of "meathead" football, but you have to have competence in the fundamentals of blocking and tackling, and this team has never really had those things under Dino.

This is alarming. Losing this badly gets demoralizing.

Our players never look prepared.
Every single offense plays feels like a miracle if it is successful.
It’s just awful coaching.
Plain and simple.
I don’t blame the kids.
I honestly don’t know what the hell these kids are taught in the film room.
These mistakes in run defense should get cleaned up.
They don’t.
That is coaching.

How many times a game are there kids just standing around after the play not sure what they shoudl have been doing? How does stuff like that happen the last 2 years?

it is not the record. It is the embarrassing play. The lack of fundamentals. The lack of discipline. The lack of improvement. The lack of talent. Name me a HC who has taken his team from ranked to worst in P5 and recovered?
58 scholarship players
1st team all American safety opts out
Top two running backs opt out
Starting QB out for year
8 scholarship olinemen, 1 of which is converted fullback

I think we will lose thousands of season ticket holders no matter what. Not just the play on the field, pandemic worries won’t be gone by next September.
But the new LED lights!