Injuries | Syracusefan.com

Injuries

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

Brown’s most detailed answer was about running back Will Nixon, who he said has been dealing with a quad contusion that’s been going on “for a week or two.”

He said defensive lineman Dion Wilson Jr.
’s unspecified injury that kept him sidelined Saturday happened prior to the bye. Wilson’s injury wasn’t not visually apparent from afar.

The injury that put Emanuel Ross’ right foot in a walking boot occurred “just two days ago at practice,” Brown said.

The Orange also lost a player during the game. Cornerback Marcellus Barnes Jr. exited in the first quarter and was taken to the locker room. He did not return until close to halftime. Brown said Barnes was “hurt” rather than injured. "I think it was bad back spasms, something of that nature, so he wasn’t able to move,” Brown said. “It tightened up on him real quick. They said the X-rays were negative, which is good. Hopefully all that stuff loosens up and he’ll be able to come back soon.”

Wide receiver Zeed Haynes was also not available for the Orange and not present at Friday night’s game. A Syracuse spokesman told syracuse.com pregame that Haynes was absent not for injury but due to a personal matter. Brown commented on the matter briefly. ”Zeed has a personal family issue that he has to handle and needs to handle, which I don’t want to speak about that anymore,” Brown said.

Not having Zeed in the offense was a huge liability that I didn't expect going into tonight. He makes the defense play differently when he's in the field. I hope he's back soon and this isn't a bigger issue
I thought this really impacted the flow, timing and chemistry on offense. I think if the offense was bit more consistent, changes the tone of the game

Brown’s most detailed answer was about running back Will Nixon, who he said has been dealing with a quad contusion that’s been going on “for a week or two.”

He said defensive lineman Dion Wilson Jr.
’s unspecified injury that kept him sidelined Saturday happened prior to the bye. Wilson’s injury wasn’t not visually apparent from afar.

The injury that put Emanuel Ross’ right foot in a walking boot occurred “just two days ago at practice,” Brown said.

The Orange also lost a player during the game. Cornerback Marcellus Barnes Jr. exited in the first quarter and was taken to the locker room. He did not return until close to halftime. Brown said Barnes was “hurt” rather than injured. "I think it was bad back spasms, something of that nature, so he wasn’t able to move,” Brown said. “It tightened up on him real quick. They said the X-rays were negative, which is good. Hopefully all that stuff loosens up and he’ll be able to come back soon.”

Wide receiver Zeed Haynes was also not available for the Orange and not present at Friday night’s game. A Syracuse spokesman told syracuse.com pregame that Haynes was absent not for injury but due to a personal matter. Brown commented on the matter briefly. ”Zeed has a personal family issue that he has to handle and needs to handle, which I don’t want to speak about that anymore,” Brown said.
Not being able to try Ross and JRS seemed very limited compounded the Haynes issue.

I thought this really impacted the flow, timing and chemistry on offense. I think if the offense was bit more consistent, changes the tone of the game
I really saw McCord not throwing well. He had a bad game. it happens. i really havent seen him miss that bad on a few throws. one was 5 yards off.

way too many throws that were not the first read and no real time to set on many of them. just dont throw throw the pick 6 and its a pretty solid game for the lack of protection he got.
Really think the pick 6 was on vallari. The one on McCord was the forced throw on first down which he acknowledged in the press conference. That led to three points.

Really think the pick 6 was on vallari. The one on McCord was the forced throw on first down which he acknowledged in the press conference. That led to three points.
Timing patterns are great when the QB and receiver are on the same page. Unfortunately, Villari turned the wrong way.

A bad game??? Seriously are you ok?? 340 yards and 3 touchdowns is far from a bad game !!
He had a few uncharacteristic "where was that going?" throws along with the one terrible pick. His numbers were still good, but he didn't look as sharp as he did the first two games. With a running game, it wouldn't have mattered. Unfortunately, we don't have one, so he has no option other than to be lights out for us, if we're going to win. That may not be fair to him, but that's reality and it's what he's getting paid for.

He had a few uncharacteristic "where was that going?" throws along with the one terrible pick. His numbers were still good, but he didn't look as sharp as he did the first two games. With a running game, it wouldn't have mattered. Unfortunately, we don't have one, so he has no option other than to be lights out for us, if we're going to win. That may not be fair to him, but that's reality and it's what he's getting paid for.
Ya he was just really good instead of amazing like he had been the previous 2 games. Saying he had a bad game was just not accurate

I really saw McCord not throwing well. He had a bad game. it happens. i really havent seen him miss that bad on a few throws. one was 5 yards off.
He was not being protected so was hurried?

I agree its not on McCord. it just changes the perception of the game.

He missed a few key wide open guys as well, but all were pretty much on late decision throws.

Everyone complained about injuries under Babers and blamed S&C, are they physical enough in practice etc. Now it’s what is going on in practice?!! Just stop. Haynes was the guy we missed most and he isn’t injured, and we should have won without him. Everyone needs to shut the hell up, the loss sucked. We were flat and it showed. Move on, smack around HC and get ready for UNLV. Fran, the guy who was a genius after Ga Tech, didn’t take moron pills during the bye week. We aren’t a playoff contender and never were, so let’s just win as many as we can and hopefully build something good.

A bad game??? Seriously are you ok?? 340 yards and 3 touchdowns is far from a bad game !!
Did u see how badly he was missing some of the targets. He missed 1 bye 5 yds and underthrew 2 guys behind him which he hasnt done all season. So yeah for him it was a bad game. GS no way, woulda been a great one but Kyle is way better.

He played great outside of the interception down the sideline. Villari was wide open and should have been looking for the ball.
He looked. He just looked in the wrong direction. He broke right and McCord threw left.

Stats can say anything they want

McCord had a bad game, he missed multiple receivers on Friday night, he missed seeing multiple WIDE open guys on Friday night

The thing is, even his “bad game” is a pretty damn good game for what we’ve been used to.

I have a feeling that Stanford team goes on to win a lot of games.

Lets see what Stan does vs Clemson

And GT did everything but beat Lou on the road sat as well. Fumble and blocked FG killed them

Stats can say anything they want

McCord had a bad game, he missed multiple receivers on Friday night, he missed seeing multiple WIDE open guys on Friday night

The thing is, even his “bad game” is a pretty damn good game for what we’ve been used to.

I have a feeling that Stanford team goes on to win a lot of games.favorite over Stanfoe
Clemson is a 22 pt favorite over Stanford this weekend, That spread seems high, even considering the ACC schedulers are making the the Trees travel cross country for their 1st 2 ACC games,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom