Inside Lacrosse's 2017-18 Recruit Rankings

2017 Power 100 Incoming Freshman Rankings

13. Quinn
20. Seebold
27. Dordevic
49. Curry
66. Lauder
68. Fernandez

Dordevic is so under the radar right now its scary. Guy has gotten little pub nationally and IL has him ranked #27, very impressive. Hard to argue with the list, I think Quinn could be a tad higher along with Lauder but 6 of the top 100 is always nice.

Two guys who didn't make it to keep an eye on are Connor Nelson and Jonathan Partamian. Nelson definitely has great vision, it will be interesting to see if he can learn how to beat defenders who are more athletic than he is. Kevin Rice figured it out. (Although Kevin is an underrated athlete) When I watched Partamian's film I loved what I saw but he may lack vision. Interesting players though not this year maybe not next year but 2-3 years down the road.

Two guys who didn't make it to keep an eye on are Connor Nelson and Jonathan Partamian. Nelson definitely has great vision, it will be interesting to see if he can learn how to beat defenders who are more athletic than he is. Kevin Rice figured it out. (Although Kevin is an underrated athlete) When I watched Partamian's film I loved what I saw but he may lack vision. Interesting players though not this year maybe not next year but 2-3 years down the road.
I would even expand this to include Oladunmoye, Buttermore, Murphy, Barlow and Garlow. Oladunmoye is big and athletic. Buttermore has the pedigree (football and basketball player) of someone who finds a way to get on the field for SU. Maybe SSDM for Buttermore. Murphy is a good athlete with a great stick. The question is can he play defense? Barlow looks like a good athlete and is probably pretty solid defensively. Good size for Barlow and Murphy I think. Garlow was a very good HS football running back.

Cook at 75 is a disgrace, at minimum a top 35 player.

Huge disparity between IL and RR.

At the end of the day, all that matters is Final Fours and National Championships.

Huge disparity between IL and RR.

At the end of the day, all that matters is Final Fours and National Championships.

I agree but Cook is a 5 Star, UA, Parade AA, whatever high level description you want to use type of player. Ranking him 75 is ridiculous.

It doesn't get more awesome than The Fighting Clams

Family_Guy_Drunken_Clam.gif

JJ at 16 is a joke he's the #1 player in the class without question for me. His ability to create his own shot is unstoppable. I wish he would reclassify like some of the basketball recruits do. He could play right away

T
How many more years of Kelly's at UNC are we looking at????? Jesus. They have one in 2018 I believe and another in 2020 it looks like
They will keep coming, I think Bryan (coach at Calvert Hall) has two or three more boys that haven’t hit varsity yet. The previous generation of Kelly’s were great in the mid-80s and early 90s (Frank at Cornell and Bryan & David at UNC). They were the early pioneers of FCA (fellowship of Christian athletes) Lacrosse program and they are still heavily involved to this day. All the brothers have hadn’t 4-8 kids, many of them being boys. All in all a great family that prides themselves in doing the right thing.

T

They will keep coming, I think Bryan (coach at Calvert Hall) has two or three more boys that haven’t hit varsity yet. The previous generation of Kelly’s were great in the mid-80s and early 90s (Frank at Cornell and Bryan & David at UNC). They were the early pioneers of FCA (fellowship of Christian athletes) Lacrosse program and they are still heavily involved to this day. All the brothers have hadn’t 4-8 kids, many of them being boys. All in all a great family that prides themselves in doing the right thing.
The right thing to do would be sending them to play in Orange !!!

2017 Top 40 Incoming Midfielders

4. Lucas Quinn | Niskayuna (N.Y.) | Syracuse
9. Tucker Dordevic | Jesuit (Ore.) | Syracuse
14. Brendan Curry | Calvert Hall (Md.) | Syracuse
20. Troy Lauder | Salisbury (Conn.) | Syracuse
32. Jacob Buttermore | Garnet Valley (Pa.) | Syracuse
35. Dami Oladunmoye | Grayslake North (Ill.) | Syracuse

I would be shocked if Lauder wasn't moved to attack I believe he has played both. Ditto for Curry.

I would be shocked if Lauder wasn't moved to attack I believe he has played both. Ditto for Curry.
Jeremy, do you think any of the incoming class get tabbed for D-middie?

Jeremy, do you think any of the incoming class get tabbed for D-middie?

There could be several candidates but its hard to say SU likes to red-shirt most of its frosh unless they feel they are impact players. The initial player that jumps out is Dami Oladunmoye based on his size and athleticism. That said he's not from an historic lacrosse hot bed so it might be a lot ask him to jump from highschool to seeing a decent amount of PT at the high end Div 1 level. Also if SU feels he can make an impact at middie there going to concentrate on training/practicing him there versus SSDM. A guy like Spencer Small would be an interesting candidate especially if SU is looking for more 2 way middies who can stay on and score. Buttermore would be another one but he's probably a several year project type of guy and a definitive red-shirt.

Right now I think you have a few guys planned for SSDM - Hutchings, Schwasnick, Devon Sullivan and then Peter Dearth who has played a see-saw position between O middie and SSDM. At this point the main issue is that SU has to decide what to do with Dearth. Either move him full time to SSDM or keep him at middie. Personally I think he is more valuable at middie but with the amount of talent on the roster at middie right now I can understand if they want to move him. A guy like McKinney in my mind would be a good candidate to move to SSDM, hes fallen far out of favor at midfield and would actually have a chance to play at SSDM. I also think they might move Helmer to SSDM due to the abundance of talent at SSDM right now. Fusco is only a Jr and SU is brining in 3 really good LSM's including Fernandez who is an UA type of player. If they move Helmer you could have Helmer, Hutching, Schwasnick, and Sullivan as your four main guys with a guy like Dearth able to play in a pinch. Plus you could begin training one or two of the frosh to play the position or one of the 30 middies on the roster.

There could be several candidates but its hard to say SU likes to red-shirt most of its frosh unless they feel they are impact players. The initial player that jumps out is Dami Oladunmoye based on his size and athleticism. That said he's not from an historic lacrosse hot bed so it might be a lot ask him to jump from highschool to seeing a decent amount of PT at the high end Div 1 level. Also if SU feels he can make an impact at middie there going to concentrate on training/practicing him there versus SSDM. A guy like Spencer Small would be an interesting candidate especially if SU is looking for more 2 way middies who can stay on and score. Buttermore would be another one but he's probably a several year project type of guy and a definitive red-shirt.

Right now I think you have a few guys planned for SSDM - Hutchings, Schwasnick, Devon Sullivan and then Peter Dearth who has played a see-saw position between O middie and SSDM. At this point the main issue is that SU has to decide what to do with Dearth. Either move him full time to SSDM or keep him at middie. Personally I think he is more valuable at middie but with the amount of talent on the roster at middie right now I can understand if they want to move him. A guy like McKinney in my mind would be a good candidate to move to SSDM, hes fallen far out of favor at midfield and would actually have a chance to play at SSDM. I also think they might move Helmer to SSDM due to the abundance of talent at SSDM right now. Fusco is only a Jr and SU is brining in 3 really good LSM's including Fernandez who is an UA type of player. If they move Helmer you could have Helmer, Hutching, Schwasnick, and Sullivan as your four main guys with a guy like Dearth able to play in a pinch. Plus you could begin training one or two of the frosh to play the position or one of the 30 middies on the roster.
Good point with the new shot clock two-way middies may come back in vogue. Good thing SU has a bunch of middies coming in the year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom