Interesting About Gilbert so Far | Syracusefan.com

Interesting About Gilbert so Far

Cuse12

All Conference
So I listened to Shrader and Dino's pressers.

Gilbert appears responsible for bringing in two big pickups.

Cody Roscoe and Garrett Shrader.

I have really not liked his play calling to date (until second half FSU). But, lets give him some credit there.

Lets hope he trends up big time this weekend as an OC. But, as a recruiter I am liking what I see.

Good call on Shrader - I thought Cuse was closer to landing him than they actually were when he was in HS.

Roscoe played under Gilbert under McNeese. Cool he's getting an opportunity on a bigger stage for sure, but I'm not sure how hard of a sell that was!

Good call on Shrader - I thought Cuse was closer to landing him than they actually were when he was in HS.

Roscoe played under Gilbert under McNeese. Cool he's getting an opportunity on a bigger stage for sure, but I'm not sure how hard of a sell that was!
I think it’s more that he identified that Roscoe had the talent/drive to play at a higher level.

So glad he brought in Shrader.

love his recruiting so far.

will be interesting to see how his play calling changes now with “his” qb.

Maybe I won’t hate his play calling anymore. We shall see

So I listened to Shrader and Dino's pressers.

Gilbert appears responsible for bringing in two big pickups.

Cody Roscoe and Garrett Shrader.

I have really not liked his play calling to date (until second half FSU). But, lets give him some credit there.

Lets hope he trends up big time this weekend as an OC. But, as a recruiter I am liking what I see.
From everything we've been led to believe (press statements, etc.) it sure does seem like the offensive playbook has been significantly dialed back and limited for whatever reason. I'm expecting that Gilbert has more than we've seen and that the 2nd half of last week was more indicative of things to come.

In retrospect is it possible that the limited play calling may also have been a statement on Gilbert's faith (or lack thereof) in the QB situation?

From everything we've been led to believe (press statements, etc.) it sure does seem like the offensive playbook has been significantly dialed back and limited for whatever reason. I'm expecting that Gilbert has more than we've seen and that the 2nd half of last week was more indicative of things to come.

In retrospect is it possible that the limited play calling may also have been a statement on Gilbert's faith (or lack thereof) in the QB situation?
So much read-between-the-lines with our current situation, and the way things are trending.

we had a couple games before the oline got settled and the qb got settled. we have a starter now that was getting limited reps 2 weeks ago.. they dont work on the whole playbook in a practice and if you are then only getting some reps with that book, you cant expect a huge amount of plays to be ready.

Gilbert had plays for TD to start the season, taking advantage of TD's speed on designed QB runs. The switch to Shrader probably forced a vanilla game plan to start with, and probably a Lim ted playbook to choose from. I am willing to see how much he opens up the offense over the next few games, and much less skeptical than I was prior to the FSU game.

He called a good game in the second half. Wake had been very aggressive until last week. They were focused on containing Cunningham. He threw for over 300 yards. How will they game plan for this week?