Interesting article on World Wide Wes and Calipari. | Syracusefan.com

Interesting article on World Wide Wes and Calipari.

It's amazing how many articles get written about WWW that I've read over the years and they all say the same things...he knows everyone from the NBA down to when these stud players are kids. Anthony Davis giving him a hug like they are best buds. How are no red flags ever raised with this guy?

It's amazing how many articles get written about WWW that I've read over the years and they all say the same things...he knows everyone from the NBA down to when these stud players are kids. Anthony Davis giving him a hug like they are best beds. How are no red flags ever raised with this guy?
You may have read it already but True Hoop has the best rundown i've read.
William Wesley in the spotlight

He doesn't get in trouble because he doesn't benefit directly from the kids. He isn't one of those AAU coaches or "advisors" that offers kids up directly to colleges and agents. He gets paid on the back end. You can connect some dots from the Wetzel article:

Soon Knight and Wes were locked in joy themselves.

Thank you for this thread title. I kept seeing "WWW" mentioned in various places on here and had no idea what it meant.Out of the loop on that, I guess!

What I don't understand is if he works for CAA, how can he be in contact with players. I thought that was a huge no no?

What I don't understand is if he works for CAA, how can he be in contact with players. I thought that was a huge no no?
My guess is it's because he's employed as an agent for coaches rather then players. It's sketchy but who's going to step up and call him out? Other coaches? If they did they'd never be able to find work again.

According to three sources with knowledge of the situation, Wesley, 45, has been in conversations for several months with CAA, the multinational conglomerate whose expansive client list includes two of the basketball figures who are most often linked to Wesley, Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James and Kentucky coach John Calipari. One source with direct knowledge of the conversations indicated that the deal was "imminent" and would probably be signed in early June.
Wesley will focus mainly on representing NBA coaches but will also represent some college coaches as well. His decision to become an agent marks an uncharacteristic shift into a public role for a man who has long been content to operate behind the scenes. His profile has burgeoned in recent years as multiple media outlets have chronicled his story, connecting the dots between the young players he befriends and coaches with whom he is known to be particularly close. Wesley is also close friends with James's agent, Leon Rose, who like Wesley grew up in southern New Jersey. Rose heads up CAA's basketball division and has acknowledged being Wesley's attorney for more than two decades.

Here's a great quote from Mike Rice:

August 2010

Rice, who struggled to keep from laughing during an interview about Wesley, said he switched to C.A.A. before getting the Rutgers job after missing out on opportunities at St. John’s, Seton Hall and Fordham. He said he thought C.A.A. could market him better.

He said his agent with C.A.A. was Terry Prince, who worked on his Rutgers contract. At the same time, he acknowledged Wesley’s expertise as part of the C.A.A. package.

“I BBM him every once in a while,” Rice said of communicating with Wesley via BlackBerry Messenger. “We talk and certainly have a relationship and a communication line of how things are going. Basically, that’s what we do.”

He dismissed the notion that he went to C.A.A. because Wesley could jump-start his recruiting.

“Again, I know he works and does things in some capacity for C.A.A.,” Rice said. “My assistant coaches and I are pretty much in charge of our recruiting.”

I'm sorry I was looking the other way, what did you say?
NCAA

The Emperor has no clothes.

BTW, NN will be playing in the Nike Hoop Summit April 7. If you read the article you know that WWW attends and several of the top as yet uncommitted players then coincidentally announce for UK. I smell trouble here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom