Interesting Darius Bazley article from NY Times... | Syracusefan.com

Interesting Darius Bazley article from NY Times...

Seth Davis has an article on The Athletic about this. What I found interesting about him discussing the piece on Twitter is that Bazley had called Boeheim two days before the decision and never once brought up the G-League. Boeheim said he hasn't heard from Bazley since. The whole thing about Boeheim and Darius communicating through text wasn't true at all.

Seth Davis has an article on The Athletic about this. What I found interesting about him discussing the piece on Twitter is that Bazley had called Boeheim two days before the decision and never once brought up the G-League. Boeheim said he hasn't heard from Bazley since. The whole thing about Boeheim and Darius communicating through text wasn't true at all.
Does Boeheim text? I'm asking seriously.

Woah, I never realized until now that Bazley is not yet 18. It looks like his birthday is in June. Maybe this has been discussed already, but Bazley does not have the legal capacity to hire an agent yet. Under the laws of most states, he could renounce any deal with an agent prior to or immediately upon reaching age 18. The fact that his mother declined to make him available for an interview is a red flag. I don't care if he goes to SU anymore, but I am worried that this 17-year old is being taken advantage of.

Woah, I never realized until now that Bazley is not yet 18. It looks like his birthday is in June. Maybe this has been discussed already, but Bazley does not have the legal capacity to hire an agent yet. Under the laws of most states, he could renounce any deal with an agent prior to or immediately upon reaching age 18. The fact that his mother declined to make him available for an interview is a red flag. I don't care if he goes to SU anymore, but I am worried that this 17-year old is being taken advantage of.
How many 17 year olds are capable of making this ground breaking decision all by themselves.

I mean it wasn't that long ago that 17 year olds routinely declared for the draft. What do you think happened then?

Does Boeheim text? I'm asking seriously.

He definitely texts. You can see him in ACC tourney and NCAA tourney post game pressers texting while the players are answering their questions. If I remember correctly it was post MSU and they asked him a question and he was looking down at his phone. My in-laws thought he was asleep and I had to let them know he was texting. Poor guy never gets the benefit of the doubt even with Cuse people!!!

He definitely texts. You can see him in ACC tourney and NCAA tourney post game pressers texting while the players are answering their questions. If I remember correctly it was post MSU and they asked him a question and he was looking down at his phone. My in-laws thought he was asleep and I had to let them know he was texting. Poor guy never gets the benefit of the doubt even with Cuse people!!!
Are you positive he wasn't tweeting or snapchatting?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom