Interesting Factoid | Syracusefan.com

Interesting Factoid

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
On the football board I posted a smile of the week. Someone responded privately that he thought that the cheerleader pictured was the daughter of Vince Papale,he of "Invincible" fame. Turns out the girl pictured wasn't her but this is https://twitter.com/83Invincible/status/149971887072620545/photo/1
Gabriella is on the cheerleading squad and is an accomplished gymnast.

He was a keynote speaker at a Trade Show at our company in October. The night before I was invited out to dinner at a bar with some Executives, not realizing he would be in attendance. Ended up sitting next to him wearing a Giants shirt. Busted my balls at first but said hey, at least you're not a Cowboys fan. When he heard I was from Syracuse he talked about his daughter quite a bit and mentioned he had just been there dropping her off, loves the school. Has a younger son who he hopes will play football and perhaps follow his sister to Syracuse.

Told a lot of fun stories explaining differences between what was real in the movie Invincible and what was Hollywood. Apparently his second wife was never a Giants fan and he was well employed teaching and coaching when he made the team at 30, but the note from his ex was real.

I asked him about the miracle at the Meadowlands play as he was on that team and apparently it was Larry Csonka''s fault not Joe Pisarcik. They wanted to take a knee but Csonka refused to take the handoff and told him in the huddle he wouldn't if he tried to. Coach told Pisarcik if he wanted his job next season he was to hand it off. Coach was fired immediately after the game.

image.jpg

Re: He was a keynote speaker at a

This is why our board is so great! Thanks for sharing that story.

Now if anyone wants to know the truth about Mark the Bird, I've got that one.