Interesting Marshall Plumlee story | Syracusefan.com

Interesting Marshall Plumlee story

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Goes from being a national champion at Duke to a couple very brief seasons in the NBA to becoming an Army Ranger and now will be entering Harvard Business School. Sounds like a future CEO or possible politician with a bright future.

In Durham they refer to Harvard as "The Duke of the North."
Heck, I’ve heard denizens of South Carolina refer to the “Old North State” as “Yankee Carolina”

Goes from being a national champion at Duke to a couple very brief seasons in the NBA to becoming an Army Ranger and now will be entering Harvard Business School. Sounds like a future CEO or possible politician with a bright future.

A man with a plan. Impressive

Did the Army get his mom a job at Ft. Bragg so he’d sign up?
Well Coach K is a graduate of West Point and a former head coach there so he might have pulled a few strings at the Pentagon.

He comes from a really good family. I know his cousin and saw him play once when he was in high school. When I met him afterward he was incredibly polite.

.In Durham they refer to Harvard as "The Duke of the North."

Seems like vanity to me. Go start a business with your NBA money and make it happen if you like business why sit through more school?

Seems like vanity to me. Go start a business with your NBA money and make it happen if you like business why sit through more school?
His NBA career was very short. Plus there are things he can learn at Harvard plus lifelong connections that he can make that can more than justify him going there.

Vanity? Because the guy is seeking a graduate degree and has the opportunity/ability to get it from the most respected educational institution in the country? Guys that do things out of vanity with the opportunities he had after graduating from Duke don't sacrifice by serving as an Army Ranger.

Sounds to me like you may be a little jealous.

Last edited:
Vanity? Because the guy seeking a graduate degree and has the opportunity/ability to get it from the most respected educational institution in the country? Guys that do thngs out of vanity with the opportunities he had after graduating from Duke don't sacrifice by serving as an Army Ranger.

Sounds to me like you may be a little jealous.

I'm not jealous at all I am outside sales and the person who keeps the lights on and brings in the money. I like being on the front lines and walking in cold to past/prospective customers to get them going again.

I'm glad Plumlee is learning how to sit in meetings/zoom calls all day good for him.

I'm not jealous at all I am outside sales and the person who keeps the lights on and brings in the money. I like being on the front lines and walking in cold to past/prospective customers to get them going again.

I'm glad Plumlee is learning how to sit in meetings/zoom calls all day good for him.
The dude was an Army Ranger.

You obviously have no idea what your CEO, CFO, COO do all day long.

And I'm glad you are what you are.

Cant feel too happy for him, he did play basketball for Duke after all.

That is my point he went to Duke and was an Army Ranger surprised he feels like he needs more school. To each their own.
Depends on what his goals are. Maybe he wants to run a company. I have a friend with two Phd's. That's certainly not for me, as I have no advanced degree, but he needed his degrees for his career.

AATXAJzoKOHiP5pR0Q40oFc_pnXS0ol5H_FF8IoEiw=s900-c-k-c0xffffffff-no-rj-mo

That is my point he went to Duke and was an Army Ranger surprised he feels like he needs more school. To each their own.
Some people enjoy school. It was a grind just getting my bachelors. I have little interest in anything else.