Interesting observations on my x-country road trip | Syracusefan.com

Interesting observations on my x-country road trip

LaFayetteLurker

Walk On
Hi all. My wife and I are in Montana now. We took a week to drive out from Syracuse to see the kids and grandkids. Due to covid we stayed mostly in small towns that were relatively covid free (using a real time app). On the way out we saw a lot of political signs most of which were for Trump. The interesting thing were the signs from what appeared to be the religious right. One sign was "faith before fear". Another sign said, "The end justifies the means". This peaked my curiosity and I started searching for articles related to the subject. I found a very interesting article written on the Atlantic titled "God's plan for Mike Pense". This was a great read. I would recommend it to all my friends on both sides of the aisle. Very enlightening. By the way ... This comment was meant for cto's title on vice President biden's history in Syracuse before it was locked out.

Pence blatantly lies on national TV. Not buying it.

The Republican Party’s manipulation of the church and the church either not seeing it or not caring, saddens and sickens me.
I don't think you read the article. It doesn't defend pence, it helps explain his actions and why he defends Trump.

I don't think you read the article. It doesn't defend pence, it helps explain his actions and why he defends Trump.

I read about half of it. I was talking about Pence’s angle and the Christians who buy in.

we just closed on a place in montana. hope to move their before election day

Hi all. My wife and I are in Montana now. We took a week to drive out from Syracuse to see the kids and grandkids. Due to covid we stayed mostly in small towns that were relatively covid free (using a real time app). On the way out we saw a lot of political signs most of which were for Trump. The interesting thing were the signs from what appeared to be the religious right. One sign was "faith before fear". Another sign said, "The end justifies the means". This peaked my curiosity and I started searching for articles related to the subject. I found a very interesting article written on the Atlantic titled "God's plan for Mike Pense". This was a great read. I would recommend it to all my friends on both sides of the aisle. Very enlightening. By the way ... This comment was meant for cto's title on vice President biden's history in Syracuse before it was locked out.

Saw a great comment about the signs and the election results based on the quantities seen on the roadside. Winner: Trump. 2nd place: Firewood for sale. 3rd place: Biden.

Saw a great comment about the signs and the election results based on the quantities seen on the roadside. Winner: Trump. 2nd place: Firewood for sale. 3rd place: Biden.
That’s because when you’re driving on a highway or cross country, most of the places you’re going through and seeing are rural areas and small towns, which will have a preponderance of Trump supporters. In the city and suburbs where I live and have family, there’s lots of Biden/Harris signs (with some Trump signs in the burbs). Also, Biden supporters are realistic and accept that’s he’s a compromise candidate. They might not be as passionate about him (they don’t feel the need to put up a sign), but they’re hugely passionate about ejecting the Orange Menace from the White House.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom