Interesting quote by Frank | Syracusefan.com

Interesting quote by Frank

kcsu

Living Legend
" coach buzz williams had them well prepared... We didnt adjust quick enough... Im sure its nothing but its rare for a player to give the opposing coach credit. Players teams but very rarely other coaches.

Was Frank recruited by buzz?

" coach buzz williams had them well prepared... We didnt adjust quick enough... Im sure its nothing but its rare for a player to give the opposing coach credit. Players teams but very rarely other coaches.
Buzz is a good coach that had 4 days to prepare for the game. What is his record against JB? I know we rolled them to get to the final four in '13

Was Frank recruited by buzz?
Very good point. Dont know but Frank is correct Buzz really had a great plan. Shooting lights out over shadows the D plan he put in place. Guy is a very good coach.

Very good point. Dont know but Frank is correct Buzz really had a great plan. Shooting lights out over shadows the D plan he put in place. Guy is a very good coach.
A lot of people here are forgetting how good of a coach buzz williams is and that we didn’t just play a “good” Vtech. They’re bordering final four contenders imo.

Is that a back-handed way of saying our coaches didn't have us prepared?

A lot of people here are forgetting how good of a coach buzz williams is and that we didn’t just play a “good” Vtech. They’re bordering final four contenders imo.
Before we place buzz in the Hall of Fame, maybe we could wait until he gets his team to another elite 8. He has done that a grand total of once. Once. Once. Once. He had a lot of advantages last night. Home court. More time to prepare. Let's see him win a game when it really counts before we go overboard

Before we place buzz in the Hall of Fame, maybe we could wait until he gets his team to another elite 8. He has done that a grand total of once. Once. Once. Once. He had a lot of advantages last night. Home court. More time to prepare. Let's see him win a game when it really counts before we go overboard
They’re 11-0 home, just beat us by like 20, and have multiple scorers shooting over 40% from three. I’ll give him credit, as we’ve seen that’s not something that magically happens. Virginia Tech’s a very good team this year, I see no reason wrong in admitting that.

Agreed. Last night he had a great plan in place.

They’re 11-0 home, just beat us by like 20, and have multiple scorers shooting over 40% from three. I’ll give him credit, as we’ve seen that’s not something that magically happens. Virginia Tech’s a very good team this year, I see no reason wrong in admitting that.
Real good. so good that when they played UVA and North Carolina, they got beat by 20 in both games. And they lost to Penn st who just got beat by Rutgers. They are nothing special. They had a lot of advantages last night and they ran away with them. Let's not blow this up out of whack. Buzz has taken his teams to one elite 8. Where, he got beat by Syracuse rather easily. I like him as a coach. but so far, he is nothing special.

Real good. so good that when they played UVA and North Carolina, they got beat by 20 in both games. And they lost to Penn st who just got beat by Rutgers. They are nothing special. They had a lot of advantages last night and they ran away with them. Let's not blow this up out of whack. Buzz has taken his teams to one elite 8. Where, he got beat by Syracuse rather easily. I like him as a coach. but so far, he is nothing special.
Thank goodness he wasn't special last night or we might have had to surrender.

Buzz is a good coach that had 4 days to prepare for the game. What is his record against JB? I know we rolled them to get to the final four in '13
I know for a fact firsthand that buzz told his 2010 Marquette the two coaches that don’t respect him are Calhoun and Jb

I know for a fact firsthand that buzz told his 2010 Marquette the two coaches that don’t respect him are Calhoun and Jb
Then he went through 25 minutes writing down every play that we run and scouting against it the first play the game the next day and the dog was the High low with Rick and AO and they were all over it

If you listen to the full interview he sounds like a very mature young man who also said our coaches did a great job scouting but it’s tough when you have just 1 day.

Hey - I thought the passive aggressive thread was here

1548630791914.gif

If Boeheim made the point to the media that VT had 5 days or whatever to prepare, while SU had 1 travel day, don’t we think it’s likely at some point after the game he said something to the team along the lines of “they’re a good, well coached team at home that had 5 days to get ready for us. It is what it is, shake it off. We’ll be back.”

Do we have to search for the “hidden meaning” in EVERYTHING?

If Boeheim made the point to the media that VT had 5 days or whatever to prepare, while SU had 1 travel day, don’t we think it’s likely at some point after the game he said something to the team along the lines of “they’re a good, well coached team at home that had 5 days to get ready for us. It is what it is, shake it off. We’ll be back.”

Do we have to search for the “hidden meaning” in EVERYTHING?
What exactly do you mean by "everything"?

;)

Agree to an extent, but while never winning a conference regular season or tourney title, he has just as many Elite 8s and Sweet 16s as Jamie Dixon without as many good players and he's only 46 years old. He's someone I wouldn't mind at least being in the mix after JB retires.

Cheers,
Neil

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom